Topics

E3 Sony

• BigWillis - June 9, 2011 1:18 p.m.

KidKatana, it's the same with the Wii and 3DS and no one seems to bat an eyelid.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - June 9, 2011 1:10 p.m.

Jesus andybeans is there anything you wont troll?
  • ThatGuyFromTV - June 9, 2011 1:09 p.m.

I'm amazed. I thought they were gonna pull the same thing they did at the PS3's launch. I guess they did learn from their mistakes, even if they are selling them at a loss.
  • KidKatana - June 9, 2011 1:03 p.m.

According to XE.com, US$250 = UK£152.50. Is any consumer watchdog ever going to blow the whistle on this bullshit?
  • MidianGTX - June 9, 2011 1:02 p.m.

Wow, what the hell? $299 converts to £182, yet we have to pay almost £100 more? I hate the world.
  • Tispower - June 9, 2011 12:57 p.m.

With regards to price differences, I'm fairly sure that the US price doesn't include sales tax as that is done on a state by state basis, whereas the EU and UK prices will include VAT. I may be wrong on that though...
  • tobz1000 - June 9, 2011 12:54 p.m.

@andybeans The PSP and PS3 are both region free, so I don't see why not. The PSP was £180 (whilst also $250 in the US) however, which I guess could mean more imports. Price-raping yay.
  • insertdisk - June 9, 2011 12:44 p.m.

Its silly that £50 too expensive is competitively priced. I will be picking up a 3g one though.
  • reaperman22 - June 9, 2011 12:31 p.m.

sigh i wish companies would reveal AU pricing as well, i know we will get fucked over in the games pricing but i just want to know whether the handheld itself will be fairly priced
  • andybeans - June 9, 2011 12:30 p.m.

@DannyMB I doubt that Sony would make it region free and lose out on the chance to fleece people in the UK/Europe. I'm just glad I don't have any need for one, so won't be one of sheep they fleece.
  • Rascanuvols - June 9, 2011 12:27 p.m.

It's backwards compatible with everything from the PS Store. Can't be compatible with UMDs for obvious reasons.
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - June 9, 2011 12:25 p.m.

It can't have backwards compatibility cause it doesn't have a UMD Drive Maybe with downloaded games
  • DannyMB - June 9, 2011 12:22 p.m.

Why do we always get fucked over on price? £230 is $370!!! Its a joke. If this thing is region free, im definately importing mine.
  • md1292 - June 9, 2011 12:19 p.m.

The Wi-Fi model is the same launch price as the PSP. That's cool.
  • clove - June 9, 2011 12:17 p.m.

Will it have backwards compatibility?