• chavbuster1 - August 13, 2013 10:04 p.m.

Although it may make me a hypocrite, and it pains me to say after all the shit.... ...I'm probably going to buy the Xbox180 when it's released without Kinect later on, simply because I'm used to xbox360 and the fact that it has a slightly stronger game line up. ...But then again, PSN is free.....
  • RSQViper - August 14, 2013 6:07 a.m.

PSN is not going to be free any more. not if you want to play online with the PS4, anyway. It's going to cost the same as Xbox Gold. And you're right on the X1 having a stronger game lineup. I noticed the same thing. if it gets a non-Kinect bundle, I honestly think it become a bit of a no-brainer for me to go X1.
  • thomas1980 - August 14, 2013 8:31 a.m.

Unless the news has changed PSN Plus isn't going to cost the same, it's going to be cheaper. Also PSN Plus actually gives you tons of benefits for being a member, so it's cheaper and it's worth far more. Let's not forget that the PS4 hardware is actually more powerful, even if the XB1 dropped kinect and matched the PS4 price, the PS4 would still be better value as its better hardware.
  • Johnnyboy101253 - November 13, 2013 3:06 p.m.

actually Playstation Plus is slightly cheaper than XBox live...how crazy is that? 50 vs 60 a year...Playstation just keeps on beating up Microsoft
  • stephen-rebecca-bouck - August 14, 2013 1:06 p.m.

its only free for the basic crap if you want to play multiplayer you will have to buy psn+
  • flyingcloud11 - August 13, 2013 9:33 p.m.

M$ sure knows how to sell it's products. First limitations, fans didnt like it thus losing lots of costumers. Now they say, "hey guys no more kinect" hoping people will crawl back to the xbox. Seems like it's working. Once xbox released, a patch will be issued where the kinect will be required lol.
  • bradly-freels - August 13, 2013 9:06 p.m.

The whole fanboy thing is getting a little tiresome now. I will get the xbox for the simple fact that it has been a better console of the last generation and will most likely be better this generation. Has better games and a better online community for gamers anyways. If PS4 has a better service for online then I will get that instead. Theses fanboys blindly fighting for some idiotic company is hilarious though. These dumbasses make the forums worth reading.
  • ollyn - August 13, 2013 9:58 p.m.

You have based your decision on past experience with a company and come here and basically said that the XB1 will have better games and a better online. This is essentially what fanboys do. They are a fan of a company and they state blindly that one thing will be better than another because their favourite company made it, despite the fact that neither system has been released. Nothing wrong with having a good experience with a company and wanting to buy into that again. That's just brand loyalty. The fanboyism comes in when you start going around saying better games, better console blah blah blah. I can't see any difference between yourself and these supposed fanboys you are so tired of.
  • Evanesco - August 13, 2013 8:53 p.m.

1) I already paid for my PS4. 2) That already paid for PS4 is $100 cheaper than the Xbox One. A hundred bucks is a big deal to someone who goes to school full time and has a part time job. 3) I don't trust people who think they can gleefully screw me over without me noticing.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - August 13, 2013 8:12 p.m.

For me, it's all about console exclusives. I know third party games will be nearly the same, and when I weigh the two, there aren't really any Xbone exclusives I care about. Maybe someday I'll get an Xbone, but I don't see it happening anytime in the next year or two, that's for sure.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - August 13, 2013 6:04 p.m.

I never thought it was that bad in the first place; be that as it may, I still won't get one for at least a few months after launch.
  • Poisonous_Byte - August 13, 2013 5:56 p.m.

I was actually excited when I first heard that two new consoles were coming out this year. Then MS said, you must connect to the internet once every 24 hours, no used games, no game sharing (pretty much). Then comes along Sony, I found them to be my gaming savior. Even with these new updates from MS I'm still sticking with my PS4 pre-order for two reasons. 1. Xbox One still needs to connect to the internet for set up. (I don't have cable/broadband access where I live) 2. Say I do the initial set up at a friends house, what is stopped them from putting these limitations in place further down the road? Before people call me a Sony fanboy, I have close to 200 Xbox 360 games, I am (was) fiercely loyal to MS. The mind blowing amount of games, the exclusives, the ability to just plug in and play. That is why I love my 360 console. In this round of nex-gen consoles Sony won me over.
  • Tren_Frost - August 13, 2013 7:10 p.m.

"Say I do the initial set up at a friends house, what is stopped them from putting these limitations in place further down the road?" Easy. Since you won't be connected to the Internet, you won't receive the patch that turns on the feature. Unless MS has some sort of way to wirelessly turn on the need for an internet connection without having your device connected to the internet, you'll be fine.
  • Poisonous_Byte - August 13, 2013 7:48 p.m.

LOL! I didn't even think of that! Pretty stupid of me considering I screw with people that get patches that fix money/XP glitches and all that. But within a year or so I'm going to be moving up to Reno, Nv. I can only hope they have sweet internet service up there, I have actually been wanting Live for a really long time.
  • imagremlin - August 14, 2013 2:05 p.m.

A new game may come out requiring a patched system. Patches can also come on the Game disc
  • ollyn - August 13, 2013 9:11 p.m.

Whilst I think it is unlikely that they will go back on this, it would not require him to be connected to the internet to re-introduce the features. They could easily put these restrictions on disc, or just say a game cannot be played on a certain version of the xbox one software and demand it be updated. At that point he would have to update to play the games and they could put them back in then. It wouldn't change any of his current collection but could essentially stop him from playing any games released after a certain date.
  • McEd - August 13, 2013 5:43 p.m.

I don't trust Mircrosoft, they could try to pull another stunt in the future. And I think Sony has better exclusive line up.
  • LordZarlon - August 13, 2013 4:51 p.m.

I'm sick and tired of journalists calling the restrictions Microsoft originally imposed as "forward thinking" and "the public not being ready for the future." All of these features could easily be implemented for Xbox Live Gold members as part of that service. People who have Xbox Live Gold most likely connect with the internet every time the turn on their machines so it would not be prohibitive to make constantly online connectivity a part of that service. For the rest of us, let us just use the machines offline for single player like we always have been. Oh, and one last message for game journalists. It's not "forward thinking" or "wise" to alienate a part of your potential customer base no matter how small you may think that base may be and that is what Microsoft did with their original business plan.
  • ThatGamerDude - August 13, 2013 4:18 p.m.

For me, the damage has already been done. My trust in Microsoft is too low at this point to consider getting the Xbox One right now. Some of its exclusives that I want like Titanfall and Project Spark are available on PC and Xbox 360 which I already have. Maybe once the next console generation begins to pick up steam, I'll maybe consider buying one lest Microsoft decides to re-implement it earlier features for a future update at which point I probably won't bother with it.
  • AsheDarkthorne - August 13, 2013 3:16 p.m.

I wish Microsoft would have never listen to the "Vocal Minority" and stop with these 180 spins. I don't need my "Next-Gen" console to be the same machine I have owned for the last 6+ years. They need to stick behind their innovations and tell the common fodder that claims it's their supporters to learn what the new things are before they dictate what should be for those that actually support the system and innovation. Microsoft needs to keep the Kinect sold with system so developers get to explore all possibilities and not toss it aside so that they throw shovelware like this generations Kinect has received. Stick to your guns Microsoft and stop getting your innovations choked by the sheep that are looking for you to fail anyway.
  • DJMoofinLuv - August 13, 2013 3:33 p.m.

I never really picked sides, loved my 360 till it red ringed. >.> Then the new one did. Bah! So I got a PS3. I Usually try to get both because they both have ups and downs... but I'm with you. I'm not going to buy a console that is darn near identical to the previous generation one... I think they need to add something to give it an edge other than graphics. As of right now, I'll be getting a PS4 (in the USA since they are out of preorders in Australia T_T ) if the new Xbox is really, really cheap, I'll get that too.
  • thomas1980 - August 13, 2013 3:39 p.m.

So much fail! Do you really believe MS reversed their entire policy philosophy over a "vocal minority"? If you do think that then you have serious issues. MS looked at pre orders and saw on mass, the gaming community soundly rejecting the old Xbone, if the majority had been happy and preordered the console this reversal would NEVER have happened. MS also saw shows like Jimmy Fallon get the word out to the mass media that MS was doing something shitty that Sony wasn't, and Sony was getting overwhelmingly positive applaus and praise for their pro-consumer (pro-ownership over shit we pay for) policies. Don't come here trying to say most gamers wanted the old policies, it's simply inane and completely without merit or real world evidence. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done, don't come back until you understand why what you did was so wrong.