• devildog18 - September 1, 2009 9:52 p.m.

Also, Not Braze makes a good point, Disney wil use Marvel to make some crap, but Disney is the king of getting crap to make sh!tloads of money (remember high school musical anybody?) and I trust Marvel can use that to make something good
  • devildog18 - September 1, 2009 9:47 p.m.

Glides "High school Marvel and Hannah Magneto" haha p.s. calm down Glides, deep breaths remember
  • Glides - September 1, 2009 8:08 p.m.

Also, JeanBaptisteEmanuelZorg brought up a good point. This is technically the Nerd 9/11. Except I'm not a nerd. I just hate Disney.
  • DeadGirls - September 1, 2009 7:47 p.m.

At first, I thought, Oh no! Because disney is a fucking piece of shit company. But then I though, wait a minute, marvel has sucked for the last 15 years, and it was going to continue sucking whether or not it got bought by suck-ass disney. So now... I don't really care.
  • Aforextreme - September 1, 2009 6:56 p.m.

Kick-ass rollercoasters, indeed. Superman: Ultimate Flight, Bizarro, and Batman: the Ride are some of my faves. I never got to ride Spider-Man 3D OR the Hulk Coaster, so this distresses me. If only they could just MOVE them to Disney-MGM Studios. All that park's got going for it is the Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' RollerCoaster, anyway. ...And Star Tours.
  • noobeater - September 1, 2009 4:52 p.m.

@ps360rules and all other ESPN likers shut up and buy sky sports... along with sky it dominates the tv with quality programming and the best films and football matches
  • crumbdunky - September 1, 2009 4:30 p.m.

@notbraze-I should have clarified that I hadn't watched any Disney films since it was my decision to make and the quality of the animation in the earlier "classic" films has little to nothing to do with what Disney are today. To be honest none of us can relly say what the artistic impact would have been had Walt not got the company going and my issues with them are more political than anything and there's not enough space here to go into that as it's a long and convoluted story that you either buy into or are disgusted by. Suffice, for now, to say that Walt wasn't the nicest guy in the world, K? As for Disney and Marvel-I know change and interference won't be imediate but the total dumbing down of practically everything Disbey touch is surpassed only by the way they milk the life out of everything. Ytust me the time will come when someone at Disney either feels they know best for Marvel artictically or, more likely, financially and the magic, like Disney's own(yes compare the quality of Snow White, Fantasia or Pinocchio with dross like the Little Mermaid to see how their own quality has dwindled even if the baloney "wholesome" message remains the same as ever)will be diluted. I should certainly have explained more clearly what I meant but the impotance of the old Disney work to modern animation isn't the issue and unlike the sour aftertaste of Waly's personality the incredible artistry has long been absent from Disney's animations-we're not talking about the same thing at all. Even the clips I've seen of The Lion King aren't anywhere near the old level of work and just as Disney have let money kill their art they'll one day do the same for Marvel. If you, for some reason, feel they still have artistic merit in this day and age then we'll just have to differ but you're right and I shouldn't have let it seem like Id no experience of their work as I watched a few as a nipper and some more at Uni for a couple of electives-which just reinforced my negative feelings towards company and man and underlined how far their level of work has fallen.
  • ThunderRasengan - September 1, 2009 2:52 p.m.

Oh God No....
  • helix92 - September 1, 2009 12:20 p.m.

If these guys ruin Deadpool i swear will go to disneyland, find Mickey Mouse and punch his face off, actually, Deadpool being in disneyland would be pretty cool. Those kids wouldn't stand a chance... GO DEADPOOL!!!
  • NotBraze - September 1, 2009 5:13 a.m.

@crumbdunky You know, if you want to make a solid argument it's a bad idea to explain that you have no idea what you're talking about in your first paragraph. Yes Disney has been known to do something for a quick buck but you can count on one hand how many other entertainment industries haven't ever done the same. To be perfectly honest I'd rather put up with The Little Mermaid II than Elektra. Disney paved the way for modern animation, and like it or not, if it wasn't for Disney we'd all probably be playing text adventures still. Disney also promoted the idea that animation is an art form. I challenge you to watch Pinocchio or The Lion King and tell me that Fantastic Four or Hulk is a better movie. The point is, you can talk whatever crap you want but if you have no experience to back it up you might as well be telling us that the grass is blue and you know this because you've never been outside.
  • Bobbety - September 1, 2009 4:32 a.m.

I was wondering how long it would take for GR to post an article about this.
  • crumbdunky - September 1, 2009 3:16 a.m.

I think I just died a little inside. My childhood was spent excitedly waiting for Spidey and Avengers comics while I snubbed my button nose at those crass idiots at Disney(and proudly, to this day, I refuse to watch ANY Disney films). My one moment(well two, onviously)of weakness came with KH but I managed to justify that by saying FF is a bit naff and dft(in a good way) anyway so it kind of fitted and, anyway, it diluted the Disney a lot. Sadly, this isn't gonna stay true for Marvel and their characters. Disney WILL find ways to crap this right up. We might just have seen the first properly good game about a comic character with AA but the chances of a repeat with a Marvel character now Disney, king of all that's cheap and tied in, is in the driving seat is zero. While the last plave I'd ever be seen in a Disneyland/world the thought of a Hilk greeting me alongside Donald and*spits* Mickey is anathema to my being. Oh Marvel. you're as good as dead to me now you've got in bed with the devil that spawned 99% of the most annoying cack in pop culture. For shame. NO good can come of this-not now, not ever.
  • pinoklin - September 1, 2009 2:50 a.m.

MARVEL IS DOOMED..../CRY....
  • pikachu2000 - September 1, 2009 2:38 a.m.

You guys better pray that you don't see Goofy wearing a Wolverine costume doing crackhead dances infront of Sabertooth Pete. That's gonna piss off the True Believers for sure. Or worse, Donald Duck vs. Howard the Duck (Marvel almost got sued by Disney and where forced to put some pants on Howard or else). Unless anybody from Capcom USA who have work on old Disney games in the past (i.e. Ducktales and Chip & Dale) are still around to sweet talk a deal to these blockheads, you can kiss any hope that is left for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 goodbye. It is very likely that Marvel will be screwed just like WCW did back in 2001 when Ted Turner made a grave mistake of teaming up with AOL/Time Warner. Owner made a deal with a bigger bastard, the bigger bastard force you in a posistion where you can't do $#!%, the bigger bastard sends their little imps to butcher ALL of your work that you spend your life on, do random bull$#!* acts to scerw up your hard earned fanbase, and when they suck you high and dry, fire your @$$ and sell your work to your rival for next to nothing and watch your beloved work be a punching bag and a laughing stock for your rivals the rest of it life. Just read The Death of WCW and you will know exactily what I am talking about. Oh, and don't forget ESPN, those creepy little bastards want a peice of that Marvel pie too. We will see Spider-Man, Captain America and the Hulk making guest commentary appearences on Sportscenter, just in time for football season. Contraversey equals cash indeed You will all learn soon enough that there are no friends in business. This is reality. Deal with it. You will thank me soon enough.
  • CreeplyTuna - September 1, 2009 2:29 a.m.

if i could bring anyone back from the dead, it would be walt diseney, so he can see what diseney channel does in his name, and he will go APE S**T ON THERE A$$!!!! thank you for listening
  • doomdoomdoom - September 1, 2009 2:28 a.m.

I can't wait for "Tinker Bell Vs. The Hulk"
  • darkside17 - September 1, 2009 1:36 a.m.

Has Marvel lost they damn mind?
  • Samael - September 1, 2009 1:30 a.m.

Ugh I'm just in massive shock right now...I haven't even chosen a side...all I know is that I can't stop laughing at one of Warren Ellis' tweets - "so I got this phone call from Joe Quesada and it was just the sound of him rubbing himself with money and now I am confused"
  • garnsr - September 1, 2009 1:28 a.m.

My aunt said she went and saw the new Disney movie, "Ponyo." It boggled my mind that anyone could think a Miyazaki movie was Disney, but she said, "it had the Disney logo at the beginning and everything." It's great that Lasseter is supporting Ghibli's productions, but I wonder how many in the masses think the same thing? The Disney logo can suck away a lot of individuality (like thinking that Bolt was Pixar.)
  • ringslinger - September 1, 2009 1:03 a.m.

@ nadrewod999 Just a heads up. Bolt was not made by Pixar but rather by Disney Animation. Trust me there's a difference.