Can’t get enough gore with your game? Read on to find out how Condemned 2: Bloodshot plans to deliver the goods and turn your stomach in 2008.
1) Monolith’s great track record of action games consists of F.E.A.R. and its currently in-development sequel; the No One Lives Forever series; and Tron 2.0. Oh, and the original Condemned: Criminal Origins, obviously.
2) Manhunt 2 will look like My Little Pony in comparison to Condemned 2’s ferocious violence. Producer Dave Hasle has confirmed they’ve talked about the game’s content in light of what happened to Manhunt 2, but have decided not to remove or even tone down anything already in there at this stage. (As of press, senior producer Constantine Hantzopoulos is saying otherwise).
3) Weapons can also be thrown. Bottles and billiards balls will split heads open, though it’s actually much more fun to lob something at an enemy’s feet as he’s running towards you, causing him to trip up and allow an easy instant-kill finishing move.
4) Teaser trailer gold: “I only believe in two things. Both of them are fists. And both of them are mine.” Awesome. “Life is funny. Not funny like a joke, but funny like a kick in the balls.” Sweet! And finally, “What does the sidewalk feel when a bird shits on it? Nothing!” We love him already.
5) Almost everything you see can be used as a weapon, leading to over 30 deadly items - double the first game’s weapon count - including bats, pipes, tasers, bricks, tire irons and mop buckets. There’s nothing more satisfying than the crunch of bone as pipe meets skull.