• ParagonT - September 6, 2012 3:58 p.m.

I'd scratch out number eleven, too much movement leads to too much dormitory advisory attention. Tips: 1. Check with your college's IT department BEFORE purchasing any games for your PC online that may need downloading. Some have strict restrictions on downloads such as Peer-to-Peer and torrents that the games may use for updates or initial download installs. 2. If your roommate is not an avid gamer herself/himself, invest in headphones and get them to bring their own television. Last thing you want is for them to make themselves comfortable using your television and cutting in on your game time.
  • OxymoronPrime - September 6, 2012 3:08 p.m.

In regards to MMOs, I personally enjoy Dungeon Fighter Online. Quick to pick up and play, and definitely actiony. It even feels like a bigger MMO with the grinding that eventually happens.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 6, 2012 3:06 p.m.

Tip #12 Some of you may be that guy with really loud speakers. DON'T be that guy with really loud speakers. Because honestly, if we want to know what game you're playing, we'll peak into you (hopefully) open door and inquire about it--we don't want to hear Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon explosions and yelling 30 feet down the hall. Don't be a douchebag.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 6, 2012 3:07 p.m.

Make that tip #11. Stay in school, kids.
  • KnowYourPokemon - September 6, 2012 3:02 p.m.

"College doesn’t offer the amount of hours it takes to properly playthrough these MMOs. Our advice, you ask? Keep your MMOs back home, possibly on another computer, and play them when you’re at home during breaks." Honestly I would've also talked about just being expected to play MMOs in a more casual form. Guild Wars 2 is great with this due to it being a "Just do what you want" kind of MMO and WoW has things like LFD and LFR if you don't have the time to go by a raid schedule. I was kind of unimpressed with the Guild Wars 2 release date at first but now that I think about it... it's a buy to play MMO with no monthly fee and doesn't require big time investments by any stretch of the imagination. It's almost like it was made for the University MMO player.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 6, 2012 3:10 p.m.

Good point, GW2 is the epitome of "College MMO." Though I still play WoW, if ever I need something to play off and on and actually have things to constantly do, I'll think about this comment when making my next game purchase. Also, I think I have MORE time for an MMO than ever before. College has an immense amount of free-time, especially with half of my classes being 5-week journalism courses spread out through the semester.
  • hellodesdemona - September 8, 2012 9:01 p.m.

If you have an immense amount of free time in college, you're doing it wrong.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 9, 2012 10:43 a.m.

I get all my homework, projects, and reading done on time. I just don't party, binge drink, or join unstable clubs.
  • ZuzuPachulia - September 6, 2012 2:49 p.m.

If only everyone else in the dorm would play anything other then f'in COD...