Topics

GTA

We Recommend

• Manguy17 - December 15, 2012 6:43 a.m.

I prefer to get onto little things...
  • ObliqueZombie - December 14, 2012 8:49 a.m.

Oh God, that Pokemon screenshot xD
  • zelta38 - December 14, 2012 6:22 a.m.

Which game is shown in #10?
  • PBC13 - December 14, 2012 7:42 a.m.

Looks like it might be Crackdown to me.
  • zelta38 - December 30, 2012 4:20 a.m.

Thanks PBC13!
  • CitizenWolfie - December 14, 2012 2:30 a.m.

Glitches aside, I'd say these were more "tropes" than "cliches." My personal favourite is the Bigfoot/monster thing. I love how Red Dead Redemption included it in the Undead Nightmare DLC
  • Rub3z - December 14, 2012 1:59 a.m.

Yeah. That "One Really Tall Thing" had some great innuendo. "C’mon big boy. I’m here. Climb me if you dare." or "humans associate getting on things with success.' I LOL'ed. Also, leaping off the Empire State in Spidey 2 was endlessly fun, and I noticed that this is behavior that I would repeat over and over again in Prototype and even GTA IV. With a motorcycle. Clutching a grenade.
  • julian-watkins - December 13, 2012 7:40 p.m.

I believe the day night cycles in far cry 2 were actually 24 hours. If not they damn sure felt like it.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 13, 2012 5:43 p.m.

Number 8 and 9. Only Bethesda cocksuckers would think this as something they love.
  • angelusdlion - December 13, 2012 6:49 p.m.

Red dead redemption,your argument is invalid.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 13, 2012 9:50 p.m.

Glitches are glitches. For every funny one there are easily 100 to even 1,000 ones that are annoying. And having characters you can't kill in Skyrim pissed me off so much I couldn't play it anymore. The only character you couldn't kill in Morrowind was Vivec, what happened?
  • avantguardian - December 13, 2012 11:59 p.m.

that's an awesome reason to stop playing a game. you're awesome.
  • Person5 - December 14, 2012 2:43 a.m.

and Vivec could be fixed using the console. It was kinda BS not being able to kill them, but no reason to not play the games.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 14, 2012 12:42 p.m.

Actually I stopped playing because I got forced into becoming a werewolf in the (shitty) Companions questline.
  • avantguardian - December 14, 2012 5:34 p.m.

pretty sure there was a way to fix that. google.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 15, 2012 5:36 p.m.

It's not the point I can just cure it later it's the fact a game that's supposedly an RPG forces me into being something in order to complete a storyline. It's dumb and not thought out. Also Werewolf is completely useless as it takes 5 seconds to turn into one, you can't duel wield, use bows, use magic, shout or anything and you get shitstomped.
  • CUFCfan616 - December 13, 2012 4:18 p.m.

My most hated cliche; people who use 'the exception that proves the rule' but don't know what it actually means. Other than that, great article. One thing with the last point, GTA IV and dates. You're forced to work your plans around being available at 12am on a Tuesday. Or you can do what I do and stand up all the girls in Liberty City. Friendly NPCs walking in front (literally just casually walking in front) of you while you're in a gunfight and them getting hit by you and all of a sudden every single friendly NPC hates you because the AI can't path around a gunfight. Yes, I'm looking exactly at you Fallout 3. At least in GTA, friendlies don't care if you beat them up. Well, until they're dead anyway.
  • pl4y4h - December 13, 2012 3:12 p.m.

The road blocks in earthbound were funny because the cops who set them up were always bragging about how they make the best road blocks
  • Person5 - December 14, 2012 2:42 a.m.

I was gonna mention that, except its not an open world game "Onett cops are famous for their roadblocks"