• UDNTNOME - March 26, 2011 4:15 p.m.

Wow, they disbelief the new testament so much they're jewish. The entire point of jesus coming was so we can be forgiven of our sis by praying and repenting. To them jesus popped to say a quick "Hello" before he comes back and ends the world for everyone (excluding Phelps). Do they realize tat the 12 deciples were all sinners and they repented and followed jesus. Not only that they don't allow someone off the street to come in and "repent" to them. All they do is go around and say OHAI you're doomed to hell to everyone. TL;DR They're are preety much angry jewish people
  • OtterPopAfterbirth - March 26, 2011 4:07 p.m.

anyone see kevin smith's interview with the "escaped" phelps? the ones that left the cult. its pretty interesting. here's part of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR1JZbCC8sY
  • Flux530 - March 26, 2011 3:28 p.m.

There is way too much awesome to choose a favorite moment in this interview. I wish I had a fraction of your patience and wit.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - March 26, 2011 1:24 p.m.

Ahahaaa, I remember this. What a biatch.
  • philipshaw - March 26, 2011 12:26 p.m.

The audio interview of this which you played on talkradar gave me mega lols
  • Siion - March 26, 2011 11:38 a.m.

I remember this interview. I love this article =P.
  • podsaurus - March 26, 2011 11:21 a.m.

I wonder if when one of their own dies they spit on them and say 'god hated you anyway.' Such nice people.
  • Gene - March 26, 2011 8:43 a.m.

Uh . . . I'm genuinely not sure why Gamesradar made this interview. If there are people who reckon it has contributed something, please let me know, but I'm not seeing it. I appreciate it's a good piece of journalism, but I don't feel it fits Gamesradar's vibe. I mean, this lady is effectively the Christian version of the Saudi Arabian Muslim Imams who believe women should have their hands cut off for going outside without male supervision. Whose opinion are we going to go after next? The leader of the present-day KKK? Jules Assange? Colonel Gaddafi?
  • TheJackOfHearts - March 26, 2011 6:53 a.m.

"Well, technically everything bringeth forth death..." Rofl. Also, what does it say when even this nutter doesn't think video games cause violence. Looking at you Jack Thompson.
  • Ryozaku - March 26, 2011 6:22 a.m.

@@ThatFanInThePeacoat, you're no better than her with that statement. You should at least learn about Christianity (or any religion for that matter) before actually trying to make fun of it. God has ultimate authority but give use free-will, hence why there is a such thing as faith. Although this chick can't even grasp the actual message of the book that she proclaims to read, and actually reinforces the stereotype that Christians are bigots, single-minded, and intolerant. I really hope she doesn't influence people's thoughts about the religion itself
  • MetaMoss - March 26, 2011 5:06 a.m.

That bitch... I'm a Christian, but, that's just bullcrap she's spitting. Sure the Bible has "Since you do X you can't come and go live with me..." and this goes on yet there is one word that turns the whole thing around. "BUT". Following this word is something like "I am merciful, so I'm gonna give you a chance to make alright, through faith in my fallen son, who was without sin, and took all your sin and suffered and died so you don't have to go through the second death, which is hell." Any case she's all yapping about how everyone else is so bad and stuff... what about you, Mrs. Phelps?! Huh!? You got no sin? I didn't think so. Well, me neither, but acting like you don't is so douchebagish. I hate these kind of people...
  • FauxFurry - March 26, 2011 4:44 a.m.

Really, the Phelps should relocate under the sea. Things are better down where it's wetter. Then again, if Fred didn't know that, he wouldn't have so many children, eh? I do find one of Shirl the churl's revelations rather startling though. President Obama is a Qunari? Maybe someone should ask him if Par Vollen is lovely this time of year?
  • Dman3981 - March 26, 2011 4:40 a.m.

Thanks to the 102.1 and the Dean Blundell show I don't have to see this whack job in or around Toronto.
  • FauxFurry - March 26, 2011 4:34 a.m.

Shirley she must be joking. She's also wrong on a few key points that she tried to make. 1. It's the book of Revelation not Revelations. 2. BioWare isn't born of this 'Doomed' nation(or should I say DOOM-ed nation?), they're Canadian. 3. God hates Bat-Man. He can't tolerate anyone more capable than He is. That's why he killed Robin (before the Boy Wonder decided to steal some of Jesus' thunder)! That's an old divine tradition! Still, she does make some sense. Not only does she concede that videogames don't cause moral degeneracy, you guys at GamesRadar are enablers with articles such as 'Game Characters who we would go Gay/Furry for' and that's just swell. That interview was better than even Michael Moore's time with Father Fred Phelps himself because that meeting of the minds had absolutely nothing to do with videogames, something that knocked at least a whole point off of the top right out of the gate. Forget Left behind, I want to see a videogame based upon the paranoid delusions of the Phelps family. No matter whose side the protagonist would be on, it would be the scariest horror game ever. It couldn't be called Survival Horror because there aren't even many monsters who would prefer to live let alone Eternal Life with nothing but the Phelps and their God as company forever. Hell would be paradise in comparisson... whether or not the only game systems that one had to play would be 3DO and Magnavox Odyssey hooked up to tiny static-laden standard definition black and white TV sets. 'America berstan'? You trying to weigh in on this interview, ReCaptcha? God Hates Intelligent Technology even if it is the result of Intelligent Design!
  • Yeager1122 - March 26, 2011 4 a.m.

Like someone else said love how she was completley clueless about what you guys were doing but shes an idiot.
  • talkraider - March 26, 2011 3:54 a.m.

God, I probably laughed the hardest ver when I heard this on Talkradar
  • LordZarlon - March 26, 2011 3:39 a.m.

I guess she missed the scripture that says, "God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son so that the world may be saved." How about when the Bible points out that we should NOT take pleasure in the suffering of others but instead should be a support and healing effect on their lives. It disgusts me when people twist the Bible into something awful!
  • QWERTYCommander - March 26, 2011 3:32 a.m.

Chris Antista, I'm now honored to share the same first name as you. This interview was one of the most awesome things I have ever read. Anyway, this woman is an ugly, crazy bint. Although I'm a militant atheist, I feel really sorry for Christians for having to be represented by this cunt.
  • RebornKusabi - March 26, 2011 3:19 a.m.

I believe in God and I'm a Christian but people like this woman are stupid and they are absolutely THE FUCKING REASON no one likes Christians any damn more and thinks all of us are fear-mongering and that we're all as close-minded and as venomous against gays and other religions as her and people like her. Love this article because she deserves to be shown for her stupidity while "appearing" to be civil.
  • Aforextreme - March 26, 2011 2:58 a.m.

This was always one of my favorite interviews, and Antista's dry wit is perfect here. Thank you for doing this interview, Chris.