• Darkhartx1 - February 27, 2014 11:16 a.m.

The real commander shepard? http://www.thegamecodex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Mark-Vanderloo-Sephard-Cast-2.jpg
  • SheperdherenoShepard - February 27, 2014 11:03 a.m.

I think Jan Lee of DoA is missing in the Bruce Lee clone part, Snake should be there, but one I like in particular is Wheeler of SH Homecoming and Forest Whitaker, I thought MAria of SH2 was supposed to be similar to Cristina Aguilera too, finally in the Warriors of Troy game, Achilles looks a lot like Brad Pitt version of the character only bigger.
  • eleventy70 - February 27, 2014 10:51 a.m.

What about Travis Touchdown and Johnny Knoxville?
  • slimjim441 - February 27, 2014 10:29 a.m.

Fun list, but I'd like to add: Solid Snake - Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell) Liquid Snake - Alec Trevelyan (Sean Bean) And I always thought of Victor Sullivan from Uncharted as Hannibal from the A-Team
  • sandplasma - February 1, 2014 10:01 a.m.

Tropico's dictator and Fidel Castro is the only other one I can think of.
  • bedelicious - January 31, 2014 8:43 a.m.

I seem to remember something about Maria from Silent Hill 2 being based on Cameron Diaz.
  • rxb - January 31, 2014 5:11 a.m.

I read a while back Hideki Kamiya based the design for Dante on the Duran Duran bassist John Talyor.
  • marcus-paul-bevan - January 31, 2014 4:33 a.m.

What about the REALLY bad PS 1 game Apocalypse? Bruce Willis actually appeared in it as the main character. He charged so much to be in it, it actually killed the budget of the game AND Bruce receive several shares in Activision as well. Not a bad payday for a crap title.
  • Swedish_Chef - January 31, 2014 3:34 a.m.

Funny tidbit about the Johnny Cage one, JCVD was originally going to be the star of the original Mortal Kombat game but plans fell through, so they decided to make a movie star character as a replacement which would wind up as the loveable d-bag himself Johnny Cage.
  • mrjoe1986 - January 30, 2014 4:23 p.m.

Kind of an obvious one but Eddie from Brutal Legend? Voiced by and based(somewhat) on jack black? As well as most of the characters (Lemmy?)
  • JMarsella09 - January 30, 2014 3:40 p.m.

No Metal Gear guys? Disappointing... The cover of Metal Gear is based off of Michael Biehn in Terminator. Big Boss's appearance was based off of Sean Connery, something that is really apparent in the original Metal Gear. Ocelot's was based off of Lee Van Cleef.
  • Darkhawk - January 30, 2014 4:44 p.m.

That's what *I* was gonna say!
  • Predreus - January 30, 2014 5:46 p.m.

And then Solid Snake, who was based off of Kurt Russel/Snake Plissken
  • PhantomPineapple - January 30, 2014 2:48 p.m.

Forgot Starkiller!!!!!!! From TFU!!!!! That was an obvious one! Samuel Witwer is the actor.
  • avedon-arcade - February 27, 2014 10:45 a.m.

Yeah but he was directly involved with that game. The others on this list were not.
  • pl4y4h - January 30, 2014 2:33 p.m.

When i saw the toasty guy I immediately thought of MetroidPrimeRib. Man i miss that guy
  • Frieza - January 30, 2014 9:20 p.m.

Whatever happened to him? I loved reading his posts.
  • universaltofu - January 30, 2014 1:30 p.m.

Just as it is with Contra, there is also the nes Metal Gear's Snake / Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese. Where do they all come from, dopplepopolis?
  • wedgie - January 30, 2014 1:13 p.m.

The only one I would bring up is Ellie from TLOU. She also looks a lot like her voice actress, Ashley Johnson. Just shares a lot of similarities with Ellen Paige. And also, Snake in Metal Gear was totally a rip off of Kurt Russell/ Snake Blisken