Topics

GR turns 5

• Metagross - April 9, 2011 11:57 a.m.

Nope Nope Nope Portal is crap lol In my opinion of course but still .. hurp derp derp Wheres da Halo Reach hurpa derp derp Wheres Ocarina hurpa derp derp I keed I keed but seriosuly no Ocarina ? =/ At least WW got on that list and THANK YOU for no FF7 would have liked to see a better game than Black and White for the pokémon spot though. I always thought Crystal was Pokémon at it's finest but hey At least Portal at no.1 didnt create as much trolls as Halo Reach getting an 8 (Worst possible review score ever btw) but nice work GR always thought Mario 3 was better than portal but.. this is my opinion against 15+? mega gamers'
  • CaptainSalmon - April 9, 2011 11:54 a.m.

Oh, and I still felt that Ocarina of Time shouldn't have been discredited for poorly holding up. Speaking from a personal viewpoint, I am currently playing it, having not played any 3d Zelda game beforehand, and absolutely loving it. However, I haven't yet played Twilight Princess, so I may be entirely wrong in heralding it.
  • gilgamesh310 - April 9, 2011 11:49 a.m.

Ive just loast all respect for gamesradar. They don't even include the PS 3 in best platform lists and put the 360 in there instead which has much less and shitter exclusives and just about everything else here is bullshit too. The only thing I agree with is the 2005 being the best year for gaming thing.
  • CaptainSalmon - April 9, 2011 11:47 a.m.

Look, folks who are bitching, go read the original article and the disclaimer at the very beginning. That's that box of words you skipped past to see Minecraft @ #100. You may not agree with some choices, which is fine, and feel free to state any games you feel should have made the list; please remember their agenda though. Some of the classics rarely hold up to a modern audience, GTA 3 is a prime example of this.
  • Limbo - April 9, 2011 11:44 a.m.

Thrice! Gotta love Conan. Honestly, choosing the best game of all time is near impossible because everyone likes something different when it comes to games. I think Portal is a good choice though because it appeals to almost everyone.
  • Austin_SJ - April 9, 2011 11:34 a.m.

I can't tell if people are trolling, trolling trolls or are just idiots. Also I can see how Portal could get the #1 spot, so I don't really have any complaints about that, but I was suprised that Planescape or Baldur's Gate 2 didn't make the list.
  • Markoose16 - April 9, 2011 11:17 a.m.

I only skipped to the end of the 100 so I didn't see. But you guys didn't put Ocarina of Time in there at all!? Are you mad? And you left out Goldeneye? And FFVII? And Portal is not the greatest game of all time as its not even a full game BUT I'm going to predict now that Portal 2 might be a potential best game of all time.
  • p0wnd - April 9, 2011 10:57 a.m.

Portal was demo, i'm sure, and these results were rigged, what do we live in, 1950's Russia?
  • Pwns4you - April 9, 2011 10:50 a.m.

people need to ease off on portal being number one, first of all this list is purely opinion based, and second, just because a game is lower on the list than another, does not mean that the game lower down is worse, it just means that the game that was higher just clicked with the editors more, whether they had a lot of fun with it, whether it was charming to them or maybe they just have overwhelming respect for what it accomplished. The truth is I had more fun with portal than most games I've played, it's charming fun and it had the balls to be a long (or in it's case short) as it needed to be to lead the player though the game world. So in conclusion... SHUT UP TROLL!
  • jmcgrotty - April 9, 2011 10:34 a.m.

See, these statistics show why literally no one took this list seriously. And NONE of what I say is opinion, it's 100% proven fact. Deal with it: 4 Zelda games made the list, when only 1 (the first game) deserved even being mentioned. 12 First-Person Shooters, which is 12 more than ANY list should ever have. That alone invalidated your whole list. 5 fighting games didn't help your cause of being taken serious, either. The number of games from the 2000's over the number from the 1990's is so pathetic, it's laughable. There is no excuse for more than 10-15% of the list being from the 2000's. The list of systems is actually mostly-OK, but the Gamecube is unacceptable, and the NES (which has the highest ratio of good to bad games ever, behind the TurboGrafx-16) not being listed is just depressing. PC probably deserved a few more, actually. While I won't list them, there of course should have been more launch titles on the list than you had. Just the absence of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt is regrettable. The number of games released in the past 5 years is way too high. There hasn't been a dozen games released in that timeframe that deserved to be mentioned, and yet you somehow screwed up your list enough to have 28% of the list have them?! Guess those free "review copies" were worth the money that the companies spent to send to you. There is nothing controversal about Ocarina Of Time not being on the list. It was never a great game, never will be a great game and is the measuring stick of how people can be wrongly influenced into thinking a game is good when they obviously haven't even played it. Other ones from that list that don't deserve to be controversal in their exclusion: Metroid Prime (Metroid topped out after 1 game, folks), Sly Cooper, Goldeneye, Goldeneye (bad enough it deserved to be mentioned twice), Persona 4. And last but not least, everyone knows Portal isn't the best game ever. That was a joke, folks. Quit making a big deal about it "being #1". It wasn't even the best game released the week it came out (behind Beautiful Katamari, Clive Barker's Jericho (which wasn't even good), a Phoenix Wright game and Ace Combat 6). No, GamesRadar doesn't really believe that Portal is the best game ever. Get a sense of humor, people.
  • michaelpreston - April 9, 2011 10:02 a.m.

Bribe the naysayers with CAKE!
  • michaelpreston - April 9, 2011 10 a.m.

bribe the naysayers with CAKE!
  • DirkSteele1 - April 9, 2011 9:32 a.m.

I thought an interesting observation was that in the golden age of gaming (16-bit for all you kids out there that only know PS360) is that despite the fiercest of console wars, based on your selections the SNES destroyed the Megadrive/Genesis. Not complaining...I have both and still play on them now (currently tormenting myself with Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES). And I recently acquired a mint condition copy of Chrono Trigger for the SNES from eBay and am about to experience the third best game ever!
  • chrisantistas2inchpenis - April 9, 2011 9:29 a.m.

@nbamiike: So according to your logic, Wii Sports is the greatest game of all time? If so, this is not a world I want to live in any longer.
  • veryweirdguy - April 9, 2011 9:27 a.m.

Effin' Gamesradar. You guys are so biased towards good games.
  • SlinkyDink - April 9, 2011 9:16 a.m.

@BellaKazza: Reading your comment makes my brain itchy, I want to understand you, but it just isn't happening. I didn't really think about it until BladedFalcon brought it up, but how are they biased for not including Timesplitters? Let alone INSANELY biased? I think you are the only person complaining about it. I'm not sure it was even on the top 100, so it couldn't possibly be the best game of all time if it has so little fanbase. And WTF is "number 1#" that just looks ridiculous.
  • Odis - April 9, 2011 9:12 a.m.

Awwwwwww... Wii didn't enter the console list...
  • CitizenWolfie - April 9, 2011 8:50 a.m.

I was shocked Ocarina of Time wasn't in the top ten, let alone top 100! That said, I'm not going to nerd rage about it as I wasn't that keen on it to begin with. I hope the 3DS update will rekindle my interest in it. Well done on putting Wind Waker in the top ten though.
  • BladedFalcon - April 9, 2011 8:36 a.m.

@BellaKazza Uh... You do realize that your statement itself is incredibly biased. Right? It's obvious you enjoy TimeSplitters a great deal, and that's acceptable. But without offering ONE single solid reason as to why it's actually better and more timeless than portal, you have pretty much invalidated your own opinion. Nice job.
  • SlinkyDink - April 9, 2011 8:30 a.m.

Portal = BEST MINI-GAME OF ALL TIME. Portal 2 could possibly take the cake though. Pun intended.