• razorwiretensho - February 18, 2011 7:07 p.m.

@FoxdenRacing Well said good sir.
  • FoxdenRacing - February 18, 2011 7 p.m.

RIP, Bizarre. It wasn't all that long ago I was reading a write-up on them in GameInformer, interviewing the husband and wife pair that ran the place. Senseless, all-consuming, and insatiable greed claims another brilliant studio, while the derivative sh*t-factories continue pumping at full speed. Anyone that followed the news knew how little chance Activision gave Bizarre to succeed; As the publisher, it's Activision's job to handle the promotion and distribution of the products. Yet Blur was unpromoted, underfunded, rushed, and given the 'stepchild' treatment...then Activision has the balls to punish Bizarre for Activision's own failure to do their **dd*m**d job. The sooner 1983 repeats itself and the big 4 publishers cease to exist (so that studios with passion and smaller publishers that can still feel the pulse of gaming can step up to the plate), the better. I never thought I'd find myself wishing for the industry surrounding my favorite hobby to collapse, but the cancers calling themselves Ubisoft, EA, THQ, and Activision have all lost their collective minds. Each was once relevant and brought improvement to the industry at one time or another. Now they're parasites obsessed with milking their cash cows long after the milk has turned to blood, while the industry as a whole suffers for their shameless, all-consuming greed.
  • Kang81 - February 18, 2011 6:32 p.m.

Oops, I meant to say: "I blame those that didn't buy Blur as a big reason Activision cut Bizzare"
  • Enaksan - February 18, 2011 6:32 p.m.

It's sad to see this happen, i remember back in the Dreamcast's day how big a deal Bizarre were with MSR and to a lesser extent Fur Fighters. Then the PGR games were some of the most popular Xbox games, and now its over. I never used to be too bothered by Activisions ways, as long as they were funding dev's like this they still had some redeeming features but with this and all the other layoffs lately seems they are only focused on bajillion sellers. Which is sad really...
  • celticsfan645 - February 18, 2011 6:29 p.m.

I dont want to be that guy, but right under the vid, you mispelled metropolis
  • Kang81 - February 18, 2011 6:29 p.m.

Dammit! I even bought 2 new copies of Blur (PS3/360) because I had friends that only had one console or the other. Blur is one of my all time favorite racing games, right up there with Mario Kart& Burnout: Paradise City! I blame those that didn't buy the game a big reason for this! I mean damn, the beta had more online users than the final product did! That worried right from the start. I knew I wouldn't get any DLC or a possible sequel! I'm not even a big fan of racing games but it's still sad to see a good developer go under. It pisses me off when Activision pulls a good developer and puts them on some BS movie tie in game. Does anone even give a damn about James Bond anymore?!? I was hoping Bizzare would be purchased but alas, this didn't happen. I wish nothing but the best for the team and their families and I hope they find another job quickly! You'll be missed!
  • Nodoudt - February 18, 2011 6:19 p.m.

This is so, so wrong... And for what? I mean really, for what? More goddamned Call of Duty?
  • tacehtselrahc - February 18, 2011 6:15 p.m.

F1 97 was a great game, that footage brought back some fond memories, like the Murray Walker commentary and that for some reason they didn't have the rights to use Jacques Villeneuve's name. lets hope Activision keep their dirty hands off Take 2. ReCaptcha: through titsCp
  • revrock - February 18, 2011 5:43 p.m.

@ JakeDaCake- agreed. I have not bought a Call of Duty game (since Call of Duty 2) or a Guitar Hero Game (since Guitar Hero 2)... stop buying games that support these kinds of corporations.
  • Mattattack - February 18, 2011 5:41 p.m.

Because PGR3 was the first game I ever played on an Xbox 360, I will remember it forever. I was really looking forward to a PGR5, but I guess it'll stay a pipe dream now. R.I.P Bizarre Creations, Death to Activision!
  • TheIronMaiden - February 18, 2011 5:32 p.m.

sad day in gaming history indeed. I enjoyed many games of theirs : (
  • Balaska - February 18, 2011 5:14 p.m.

The sooner Activision falls (hopefully not taking Blizzard with them) the better. Surely someone will pick up Bizarre, it's a crime for such talent to go to waste.
  • JakeDaCake - February 18, 2011 4:59 p.m.

F***! ACTIVISION YOU ARE REALY PISSIN ME OFF!i think we shud boycot the game that matters to them thats right lets boycot cods next release
  • El72125 - February 18, 2011 4:27 p.m.

I mean, they made some shit games, but they made a lot of good ones too. This shouldn't have happened which I am sad about. I do hope that they can stick together and make it to some other studio to continue their creations.
  • tdarlistner100 - February 18, 2011 4:19 p.m.

wow this is indeed a sad day for gamers. Those poor poor people, I really hope those who lost their jobs find good work elsewhere.
  • Xobi - February 18, 2011 4:11 p.m.

Sad sad day... why is there no committee to save these companies..........
  • kor2disturbed - February 18, 2011 4:06 p.m.

Damn you Activision, damn you all to hell! It's just like a big monster it destroys everything it touches. ),:
  • FreddiexKruegerxinxmyxWetxDreams - February 18, 2011 3:59 p.m.

Blur is my favorite racing game and Geometry Wars is my favorite arcade game.
  • Moe77 - February 18, 2011 3:42 p.m.

Farewell Bizarre Creations. PGR 4 was, and still is, for me, the greatest racing game ever created. This truly saddens me and im sure, many other people who have had a chance to play their great games.
  • Gkicker2 - February 18, 2011 2:59 p.m.

clair de lune - same music form the end of Ocean's Eleven. Perfect music for the end of a great run.