Topics

Box Art

• cog777 - December 3, 2012 9:46 a.m.

I would have to agree with some earlier posts. Can anyone say uncharted? Needs to be darker imo but who knows. <a href="http://www.ispytechsupply.com">Hidden Cameras</a>
  • CitizenWolfie - December 3, 2012 9:02 a.m.

Thinking about it more, isn't it a bit odd that the person featured on the cover is the one person who (due to the nature of FPS games) you never actually see in game?
  • Person5 - December 3, 2012 10:19 a.m.

Wasn't Gordon Freeman on the cover of Half-Life 2?
  • CitizenWolfie - December 4, 2012 1:32 a.m.

Yes he was. That's sort of what I mean in a general sense - I've always found it odd that the box art designers bother to put the protagonists on the cover of FPS games when they're the characters you never see (unless the cut-scenes show the characters). Godon Freeman on Half Life, Booker in Bioshock Infinite, Corvo in Dishonored, generic soldier in Call of Battlefield - it's pretty common.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - December 3, 2012 8:53 a.m.

Someone pointed out that it looks like the reverse image from the Uncharted 1 box art, which is strangely accurate. Overall, I think it's pretty underwhelming, considering the amazing content they have to pull from. I think the design of the Songbird is amazing, and it's a shame they feel they can't feature it. It seems really obvious to me that someone up high decided that they needed to have a cover that looked similar to all the most popular shooters out there today.
  • nintendo365 - December 3, 2012 8:34 a.m.

Looks too similar to the MW2 box art. Single guy, long barreled weapon, spark effects. I dont think it really shows the madness of this game, it makes it look like just another shooter. Now if it had the GW mech thing or showed the city, itd be great.
  • ObliqueZombie - December 3, 2012 8:23 a.m.

While no where as moody or foreboding as its predecessor's, I can still come to like it. Booker DeWitt, from what I've seen, is going to be an awesome character backed by the stellar Troy Baker, so I can't fault them for using him on the cover. The burning American flag is a nice touch. It does, however, flare on the side of generic. With the brooding protagonist shouldering his gun after a supposedly bad day, they could've done something more with his pose. But, great coloring, great composition, crisp pictures, and overall great. I like it!
  • BladedFalcon - December 3, 2012 8:03 a.m.

Could have been more original, certainly, but as it is, the composition is still pretty cool, very colorful, and Booker looks bad-ass. It doesn't break the mold, but I like it, specially since indicates that this time they are treating the main protagonist as, y'know, the MAIN protagonist. Unlike the first Bioshock in which the protagonist was so devoid of character that they instead put a random big daddy in the cover XD
  • Commmand0Brand0 - December 3, 2012 12:19 p.m.

He wasn't devoid of character. YOU were the character. Everything you thought or said was what he said. Not to mention *SPOILER* that you were brainwashed the whole time.
  • BladedFalcon - December 3, 2012 2:24 p.m.

"He wasn't devoid of character. YOU were the character. Everything you thought or said was what he said." No he didn't, and no he wasn't me. And yes, i get that's the entire point of the narrative structure, and it works pretty well for the game. But he's still a game character that I controlled, and the brainwashing thing if anything only explains the meta aspect of why gamers HAVE to do what the game demands them to do in order to proceed. But that in itself didn't imbue Jack with any of my personality. Basically, what i tried to say earlier, is that I like that this time around, the main protagonist does seem to have a proper personality of it's own. Like I said, the experiment with Jack in the first Bioshock worked well because one didn't expect it. But I'm glad they are taking a different approach this time around.
  • chazzy_chef - December 3, 2012 7:57 a.m.

Why is the lead being played by Crispin Glover?
  • bedelicious - December 3, 2012 7:47 a.m.

I like it, it has character :D
  • Luchalma - December 3, 2012 7:41 a.m.

It's generic, which is something we don't think of when we think Bioshock. I'm just disappointed that with the level of art design we know this series is capable of we couldn't get much more than a guy with a gun. It gets points for being colorful though.
  • bamit11 - December 3, 2012 7:36 a.m.

To tell the truth, I would like it better with just the logo, and that's what I thought it was going to be.
  • pl4y4h - December 3, 2012 7:25 a.m.

It's so..........plain. It's like a sleeper car: Boring on the outside, powerful (and in this case entertaining) on the inside.
  • patbateman17 - December 3, 2012 7:03 a.m.

I was more excited by the "Includes the Original Bioshock!" on the PS3 version, but yeah this is a bit derivative off of the Uncharted 1 cover. Not that it makes much difference either way really.
  • zombi3grim - December 3, 2012 6:36 a.m.

Im somewhere in the middle. I could really do without the American flag burning in the background. As someone who fought for this country and has a brother currently in Afghanistan, it is a little disrespectfull. Go ahead and bash me about it. You guys wont understand unless you lived the life.
  • bass88 - December 3, 2012 6:41 a.m.

Is it not meant to be about how the American ideal is being destroyed?
  • winner2 - December 3, 2012 7 a.m.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think they intended the flag burning to show any kind of disrespect toward the country, but rather to give a sense of the chaos that you'll find in game.
  • zombi3grim - December 3, 2012 8:39 a.m.

I know WHY the flag is burning. But to feature it prominently on the cover of the box to me is disrespectfull. I get you want to draw attention to your game. But men have died for that flag. REAL men, not call of duty players. People have been shot at and went through hell for what that flag represents. It was in poor taste, regardless of why its there. Those are my feelings on it anyways.