• samsneeze - April 16, 2012 3:52 p.m.

I'm pretty sure Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best Mario Bros. game. It definitely deserves its spot on the list. I disagree vehemently with Final Fantasy being higher than Dragon Warrior III though. That just isn't right. BattleToads Double Dragon is one of my favorite things on the NES though, that and Kirby's Adventure still get lots play.
  • samsneeze - April 16, 2012 3:53 p.m.

Also, no mention of StarTropics? I'm honestly a bit disappointed.
  • Redeater - April 16, 2012 4:13 p.m.

I remembered that game fondly until I bought it for wiiware. Can't speak for anyone else but for me that game aged roughly.
  • samsneeze - April 16, 2012 4:33 p.m.

I don't know. I'd say it has aged about as well as everything else on this list. But, personal preferences and all that like you said.
  • Person5 - April 16, 2012 6:38 p.m.

a lot of the games on this list haven't aged too roughly at least from personal experience, but I never played StarTropics so I can't speak for it
  • samsneeze - April 16, 2012 7:34 p.m.

I wasn't implying that any of the games aged badly, just that they all show age some shape or form. I don't think StarTropics is any worse off than the others, in that case.
  • TheBlipi0 - April 17, 2012 7:47 a.m.

I'll give a shout out to Star Tropics too, great game..
  • Scoob - April 16, 2012 3:49 p.m.

Pretty hard to argue with this. If there was one, it would be replacing Adventure Island with part II. The first game was just a reskin of Wonder Boy from Sega.
  • Cyberninja - April 16, 2012 3:48 p.m.

I liked yoshi.
  • XanderGC - April 16, 2012 3:43 p.m.

Obviously not every game could make that list, but I am agreeing with your selections. I personally would put Bubble Bobble at the top of my list but that is just my personal preference. Besides Duck Tales gave us the Moon music and who doesn't like that?
  • Redeater - April 16, 2012 3:36 p.m.

Couldn't possibly agree more with #1. My all time fav and will remain so until I die.