We Recommend

• lancevance821 - December 18, 2012 3:01 a.m.

Thank God they didn't pick a shooter!!!
  • Thedigitalg - December 18, 2012 2:25 a.m.

My GOTY is FF13-2, but I knew that'd never get picked :(
  • CitizenWolfie - December 18, 2012 2:07 a.m.

Good pick, GR. Well done.
  • KnowYourPokemon - December 17, 2012 9:44 p.m.

A game got a game of the year award? Welp, I really don't even need to read the comments to know what's been written.
  • lazer59882 - December 17, 2012 8:40 p.m.

ahhh, yet another example of GR making a decision based on what will generate the most controversy/comments/page-views. fuck this shit. in a year in which Far Cry 3, Dishonored, Assassins Creed 3, a bunch of skyrim dlc, Hitman and XCOM are released, there is no fucking way that "a licensed zombie game by the developer of those Sam & Max games is the best game of 2012". fuck you guys. and by the way, your new layout is totally unusable on a mobile device, far worse than it used to be. nice going.
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 17, 2012 10:01 p.m.

Did you save Doug?
  • codzprc - December 19, 2012 1:28 a.m.

No one saved Doug.
  • BladedFalcon - December 19, 2012 2:26 p.m.

I Did! ...On my second playtrough *coughs*
  • pl4y4h - December 18, 2012 12:23 a.m.

Did you play it?
  • Thedigitalg - December 18, 2012 2:24 a.m.

And yet, if they picked a AAA game, you'd probably call them sell-outs. Why are you so perpetually angry? Chill the fuck out! Opinions are different.
  • winner2 - December 18, 2012 4:59 a.m.

I wish I had a swear jar with your name on it, I would just say random games are amazing and watch the money overflow
  • A9entOfChaos - December 18, 2012 7:05 a.m.

i couldnt agree more. GamesRadar has become garbage. The new layout is just a mess. Back to IGN and Gameinformer.
  • lazer59882 - December 17, 2012 8:32 p.m.

can someone please explain to me how the plot of darksiders 2 was "humorous and largely cohesive"? it was really just a bunch of psuedo mythological bullshit, and totally not cohesive. not to mention how fucking self serious this game was. the plot was easily the worst part of the game, and it's impenetrability and pretentiousness were what made me eventually give up the game. the gameplay was fine; the story was fucking mind numbing bullshit.
  • Edias - December 17, 2012 7:19 p.m.

There were many good games this year but I agree with the verdict. The Walking Dead was an amazing game and one of the best that I have played in my life.
  • gonzalez-varela - December 17, 2012 6:16 p.m.

WINNER: CHARLIE SHEEN
  • cgriff63 - December 17, 2012 5:51 p.m.

all winners aside, I miss the way you guys did it last year and the years prior with the platinum chalice awards. I liked all the special awards that were included as opposed to keeping it short and to the point.
  • BladedFalcon - December 17, 2012 5:59 p.m.

Then you might be glad to know that they will STILL be holding the platinum Chalice awards this year, they probably will be posted within this week or the next.
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 17, 2012 6:04 p.m.

Yup! Friday, and just as big as ever!
  • MrSegraves - December 18, 2012 3:52 a.m.

Oh thank you folks. I've spent the past 4 months in Beijing, and I have played very few of these games. One episode into Walking Dead and I wanted more. Mass Effect 3 was great. I can't wait to see how the Platinum Chalice awards work out.
  • theycallmegep - December 18, 2012 7:34 a.m.

WOOO PLATINUM CHALICE!!! and i sympathize with you guys for all of the bitterly angry people over any kind of top anything you guys do, its amazing to see these people getting passionately angry over things like this. Im sure it gets to be entertaining for you at a point...I mean, im not the biggest fan of the new layout, but im not going to go curse you out or swear off my favorite video game site for it