Topics

speedrun

• ertywerty - January 5, 2013 11:46 p.m.

I'm going to be smart and not even try speedrunning because I think my gamer OCD will kick in and then there goes my weekend lol.
  • GutFunk - January 5, 2013 4:34 p.m.

After reading this I attempted it on Kirby's Dreamland and got 13:42 pretty good considering the fastest I could find was 11:50.
  • SDHoneymonster - January 5, 2013 6:26 a.m.

I know I don't have the skill or dedication required to pump out speedruns, but I enjoy watching others; there's a few incredible Dark Souls ones on Youtube for example. One guy completes in without using glitches in under an hour. AN HOUR!!
  • archnite - January 2, 2013 8:40 p.m.

I had no idea the UK side of GR was so into speedrunning; that's so cool. But is makes sense with your Sonic love. The only thing I've ever been close to "speeding" through is MGS4. Start to finish in two hours. Hardly "fast"
  • dlam - January 2, 2013 3:53 p.m.

ack, speedrunning- sooooo stressful when you want to reach the goal, but cant hardest speedrun thing everrrrr: Goldeneye Facility in 007 mode in 2 minutes!!!!1 =( so so so hard, --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyAoNDcVbYo
  • SDHoneymonster - January 5, 2013 6:24 a.m.

Always found Archives in 1:20 even harder, but you gotta have that invisibility cheat... :P
  • dlam - January 6, 2013 10:27 p.m.

^ trollolol SDHoneymonster use hax
  • DREAMCASTSATURN - January 2, 2013 11:29 a.m.

I tried to beat the SEGA Rally Championship world record set by Justin Towell, author of this article, but it was a fruitless attempt. Justin, if you read this, pleas tell me, HOW DID YOU DO IT?
  • GR_JustinTowell - January 3, 2013 1:13 a.m.

First played it on Saturn in 1996. Suffice to say I have had a lot of practice :)
  • DREAMCASTSATURN - January 3, 2013 7:30 a.m.

yeah, i have it too on the saturn, but not as many years practice as you....
  • ozzy88 - January 2, 2013 7:09 a.m.

My best times: Akuji the Demon NG+ Easy 07:44 (world record?) Castlevania: SotN Any% 21:12 Castlevania: SotN All Bosses 44:57 Castlevania: HoD Maxim Any% 01:09 Super Metroid PB Any% Route 21:53 Super Castlevania IV 45:28 Super Mario World Any% 11:23 Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Single Character Mega Man on Normal 07:13 I stream my speedrunning live through twitch.tv. Follow me @ http://www.twitch.tv/ozzy__88
  • PurpleSunDeryl - January 2, 2013 7:06 a.m.

I think you're missing the point with the 'first game you want to speedrun'. Most people start with their all-time favorite game because they love that game and want to try it. Any game is good to start off with.
  • Elgyem - January 2, 2013 5:22 a.m.

The only time I have ever been "speedrunning" is in Mario Kart, and I am proud to say I got an incredible time on DK mountain before my wii broke.
  • kursedkey - January 1, 2013 6:46 p.m.

The only game that I have ever tried to speedrun is Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and I suck at it. But the best suggestion that I have is to be up to date on all of the glitches in the game, and to practice them nonstop.
  • slimjim441 - January 1, 2013 4:21 p.m.

I want to do a speed-run of Twilight Princess without any heart containers or a shield, but it's still going to be at least 15 hours... Maybe I'll just record a heartless/shieldless speed-run of the Cave of Ordeals.
  • tehtimeisnow - January 1, 2013 2:43 p.m.

im giong to spedrun angrey birds and get 3 star on all them in udnder a day cuz its a amazeing gane best game of all time
  • JMarsella09 - January 1, 2013 11:50 a.m.

Ah yes, this brings back some Mirror's Edge memories.