Topics

Games Platinum

• OohWiiUILookJustLikeBuddyHolly - September 13, 2012 5:48 p.m.

Fuck you Nintendo/Sega. You have absolutely destroyed anything that could of been with the Bayonetta franchise. Good luck selling those 50 copies while all of us 360/ps3 users throw our money away.
  • SpiritTemple - September 17, 2012 3:11 a.m.

You know that all plans for Bayonetta 2 were cancelled right? And Nintendo saved it? Where were Microsoft and Sony? Why didn't they save it? Nintendo did a great thing by saving this awesome franchise. Also you have the worst username (Maybe except for Tr1p) on Gamesradar, just saying.
  • Cyberhero18 - September 13, 2012 2:14 p.m.

As effective business strategies go, releasing a sequel exclusive to the only console that didn't get the first game is baffling to say the least. We ("we" being PS3 and 360 owners) are not amused.
  • Cyberninja - September 13, 2012 3:09 p.m.

FF7 pulled off that stunt pretty well and as a PS3 owner who plans to get a wiiu I would appreciate if you didn't speak for all of us when it is just you who isn't amused
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2012 4:08 p.m.

I'm a PS3 owner who has no plans of getting a Wii-U. And I'm not amused either, so it's not just him., just, y'know, FYI.
  • Cyberninja - September 13, 2012 7:15 p.m.

I know,I read some of your other comments but I the one thing I dislike is when people make invalid generalizations, since unless he is omnipresent he can't say what amuses people.
  • stephenschaffhouser - September 13, 2012 1:44 p.m.

Nooooooooooooooooo!
  • Turtman - September 13, 2012 1:38 p.m.

For those of you pissed: It is probably a "timed exclusive". PS3/360 versions (maybe even PS4/NextBox versions) will be released with more features, better controls, DLC, extras, etc.
  • Cyberninja - September 13, 2012 3:02 p.m.

2 things Nintendo is publishing it so no its not a timed exclusive and what do you mean better controls we haven't even the game in action and you are implying it controls horrible already
  • Turtman - September 13, 2012 4:09 p.m.

Yeah I didn't catch that Nintendo was publishing it. That kinda sucks. I thought Bayonetta was a better "one and done" game, so I hope it doesn't feel forced. And the issue I have with the controller is that it looks like a children's tablet, made by LeapFrog.
  • Cyberninja - September 13, 2012 7:19 p.m.

I really like the tablet since it is a new thing and I don't think it looks like it was made by LeapFrog or it would be more green, but looks don't matter if it works well.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 13, 2012 1:31 p.m.

Yea, this definitely made my day shittier... Ah well, kudos to you, Nintendo for pulling a shot like this to sell an inferior, novelty console, smart business.
  • Grif - September 13, 2012 1:27 p.m.

I really wish it wasn't a Wii U exclusive. I love Bayonetta, but I don't want to drop $300 or $350 extra to play it. I mean I guess there will be other good games on the Wii U (hopefully), but it is so hard to justify buying another console.
  • valredfield - September 13, 2012 12:29 p.m.

I don't understand why they would not release this on Xbox as the first one was on it. People bought it on that platform, enjyed it and would surely like to enjoy the sequel. This feels like betreayal kinda.
  • Crypto140 - September 13, 2012 12:14 p.m.

I want to see how they use the Wii U to their advantage. Will it be Bayonetta perfected on the Wii U! or will it be Bayonetta... that happens to be on the WiiU.
  • Darkhawk - September 13, 2012 11:55 a.m.

It's too bad Platinum is taking so long to return to intelligent gaming. Okami was a breath of fresh air for this art form, and (as fun as these games are) to have followed that masterpiece with: God Hand MadWorld Infinite Space Bayonetta Vanquish Anarchy Reigns Bayonetta 2 is a discouraging detour into dumb action fare.
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2012 4:13 p.m.

Well... while i don't disagree that after Okami was a far classier, better told affair than the other aforementioned games, for what they are, they might be "dumb" in terms of story, but they are brilliant in terms of game design and fun. Also, I wouldn't mind having an Okami sequel... but considering how it sold, can you really blame them for not considering it? In other words, blame the customers, not the developers.
  • Cyberninja - September 13, 2012 7:22 p.m.

Okamiden was a sequel for the ds and was a amazing game, I more or less played it for 30 hours Straight and finished. Is Okamiden overlooked because it wasn't a console game?
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2012 7:54 p.m.

Well, that might have been a factor, but there are other series taht have actually thrived due to the transition. In my personal experience an opinion, it had more to do with the fact that it came very late into the DS's life cycle, and i had long sold my DS by then, mainly because it was within that period in which the 3DS was looming closer and it guaranteed that any second you held on to your DS, the more it would evaluate. And because I live in Mexico, finding "niche" games after their launch window is extremely hard, if not outright impossible.
  • Cyberninja - September 14, 2012 8:55 a.m.

Well if you ever get a 3DS, I recommend you do get Okamiden because for me it was atleast as good as the first game. so it would be worth hunting down or buying online.
  • FoxdenRacing - September 13, 2012 11:42 a.m.

Interesting...very interesting. I won't have the cash for launch day...but you've got my interest, Nintendo.