• Yeager1122 - January 12, 2010 9:30 p.m.

^LONGGGGGGGGGG but anyway i agree to a point that they shouldnt come out once a year it really depends on how long the franchise has been out.
  • crumbdunky - January 12, 2010 9:07 p.m.

Here's an idea for Acti and treyarch making next years (oh, well this years then) COD worth getting and easily improving the online by changing just one simple thing:Pkill the P2P nonsense and give us ALL dedicted servers and while at it allow console gamers to cook and bring over PC mods like we can with UT3. And while you're at it get Valve and MS to ensure the same so L4D on 360 iss finally something like as good as it cheaper(how?why?oh the humanity)PC brother. This is why I know better than kotick and IW put together:I care about the amount of online issues you all get! And I don't like being limited to 9V9 and hammered by the lad fairies when games like Warhawk allowed me to rid myself of more lag by having dedicateds on PS3 in 2007-and, fyi, that one isn't the worlds best selling shooter ever(TM)now is it? Not that I'm not a fan of Warhawk(I am -it's great)but, y'know, MW2 really needed them to move ahead of COD4 in any meaningful way but the penny pinchrs that IW have become don't care how crappy your online experience is as long as those evil PC gamers don't ge the chance to, gasp, play their game for longer by tweaking it in imaginative ways thereby meaning even more would play for longer providing a market for your own DLC maps and modes. I've long said that Maddens and fifa and PES should only remake the game proper every two years(by law!) and on the off year just sell a DLC(or even on disc )patch to update the little changes and team rosters. This would be cheaper for the gamer and mean EA/Konami would have longer to work on the next proper game and could feel a lot better about not ripping us all off so badly in the process of the yearly BS. Everyone wins.
  • revrock - January 12, 2010 7:25 p.m.

I thought Madden 10 actually lost a lot this year (no hot route selection on the fly, you can't highlight a new "main receiver' before the snap, no option to do the "blocking mini-game" on a run play, and I actually liked the player icons they were using until this year). But what about NHL 10???? Wasn't EA bragging about it being the "Orange Box" of sports games before it's release? It is hardly discernible from NHL 09. but the best and worst offender has to be the MLB "The Show" franchise... don't get me wrong, I love the graphical and gameplay upgrades (EA could learn much from this) but they did away with the King of the Diamond mode and most importantly the free hat for purchasing the game!
  • teke367 - January 12, 2010 7:03 p.m.

Games like COD aren't that big of a problem, assuming the story (single player) progresses or is new altogether, but if you're really only getting updated online action, then it's a waste. I remember years ago, seeing a PC football game that professed to not need to be re-released every year. I don't think it was DLC (too early for that), but that each year there would be a $5 upgrade available (I'm guessing at the price). I thought that was a great idea, considering that only the rosters changed. Not sure if because it wasn't on a console, orif it wasn't Madden, but obviously that didn't take.
  • breener96 - January 12, 2010 6:08 p.m.

And this is why I stopped buying FIFA/PES and Wrestling games every year! I just don't see it as worth it.
  • OmNomRomRearghNergh - January 12, 2010 6:07 p.m.

The DLC instead of sequels would work so lovely. Valve has proved that. But of course, money > logic.
  • Bossco - January 12, 2010 5:58 p.m.

I wish develpoers would spend more time coming up with original game ideas rather than churning out endless updates.
  • Eenieboy - January 12, 2010 5:15 p.m.

I'd say you should only get buy a game each year if you REALLY do enjoy them quite vigorously and play them a lot. My opinion is now over