Topics

Sony

• Cyberninja - August 16, 2011 2:57 a.m.

i kinda agree with the anylists the stuff people want to buy for vita is on ps3 in someform so i am waiting til their are 10 vita exlusive games i want to play currently the list only has gravity and Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja.
  • ParagonT - August 16, 2011 2:35 a.m.

I like how people say he knows nothing although he's apart of the industry and more qualified to make these assumptions than some game junky on his computer. I don't think he's the best, but I would take his opinion on the matter more credibly that most of you on here. Show me your credentials, then I'll be more inclined to listen to half the crap spewed on here. I don't care if he's right or wrong, because I'm not purchasing Vita neither way, I just LOL at most reasons that people even consider buying any computer hardware.
  • TrAnMu - August 16, 2011 2:18 a.m.

“People don't want to carry more than one thing in their pocket: that’s why Android and iPhone have done so well.” False. I really don't give a shit about how much I have to carry around. Especially when I have 2 pockets.
  • AuthorityFigure - August 16, 2011 1:58 a.m.

“The technology is sweet... but I just don't know there's a market out there anymore for the hardware” This is why Apple is bad for long-term innovation. It masks true technological progress with PR, marketing and buzz words. Creating demand for ine type of device is harmful for innovation Marketing is not innovation. Innovation is innovation.
  • Gex4212 - August 16, 2011 1:56 a.m.

@gamedingo pricing is too high? a good percentage of people thought it would be twice as much considering the hardware specs of the system. While I'm always hoping for a cheaper price but I think $249 is a great price. The 3DS was the same and it sold millions and its nowhere near as powerful as the vita. Everyone gave into the hype of the 3DS though and was hit with a dry spell of games. PSP may not have been as good as everyone thought it would be but it still sold very well and even better in Japan.
  • D0CCON - August 16, 2011 1:55 a.m.

I bet that more people would have started buying 3DS's this fall even without the price drop. People are just waiting for good games! (or in my case, getting a new handheld for $99)
  • shadowreaper72 - August 16, 2011 1:44 a.m.

Wow this guy knows nothing. The reason why people arent willing to pay $250 for a 3ds is because of the shitty ass launch lineup. I will definetly buy a Vita if the launch lineup is good. Technology isnt the only thing that makes a gaming system, its the games too.
  • gamedingo - August 16, 2011 1:37 a.m.

I honestly don't think smart phones will replace handheld gaming, the phone plans are too much money and a lot of the games suck, sure there are some good ones. I think that the people who want all the crap on one device are more of your casual gamers, so I don't see why a core gamer would even care about having one extra thing in their pocket? All that said, I think Sony needs to rethink their pricing, it's too high for what people will pay right now...
  • mockraven - August 16, 2011 1:28 a.m.

I dn't think this Hall guy is too credible. Sure he's had his hand in developing two games but neither of those games appeal to a big chunk of the market. UFC and Spongebob have limited appeal. Were his credentials (at least as listed in this article) expanded to include the bigger titles and franchises then his words *might* have more weight. In addition, from his own words, it doesn't seem like he's paid much attention to either the marketing or the hardware of the 3DS and the Vita. The people's willingness to pay $249 or $299 is all about perceived value of the handhelds and it seems to me that Sony's been pushing the hardware and at least a few solid launch-titles with their Vita. 3DS started off with a launch line-up that piddled out to a dry spell for a while and never did they push their hardware (see GR's previous article showing the Forbes ad, ugh) or the core-gamer demographic.
  • floodll - August 16, 2011 1:24 a.m.

Some interesting points ... from business analysts, too. I'm surprised. I didn't buy a 3DS, but I am buying a Vita. All Sony needs is a GTA port with those dual thumbsticks and it will be worth it. iPhones can suck it.
  • QWERTYCommander - August 16, 2011 1:09 a.m.

“If people aren't willing to pay $249 for a Nintendo 3DS, why would they pay $299 for Vita?” Because there is a $249 version of the Vita?
  • darkraichu34 - August 16, 2011 12:59 a.m.

Hopefully, PS Vita doesn't fail as much as PSP. I think Nintendo could win next gen, if the Wii U Tablet is a secondary controller, and the 3DS Gains enough good games.