• SCRubS77 - July 15, 2010 4:58 p.m.

Articles like these make me wish I was born much earlier than '93, so I could have grown up with these games and experienced all the hub-bub.
  • FunkSoulBrother - July 15, 2010 11:23 a.m.

I always did wonder whst they meant. Some are obvious while others are not so much
  • Clovin64 - July 15, 2010 10:55 a.m.

I should apologize for my previous post. I sounded like a whiny ass. GR would know more than me. Once again, brilliant article GR!
  • Clovin64 - July 15, 2010 10:48 a.m.

I thought that was the Shiva sisters and Odin on the FF13 logo! It looks like a horses head. Ragnarok doesnt look like a horse. And that spike thing at the bottom is clearly the necklace that Snow gives to serah (its a little necklace of cocoon with an identicle spike thing at the bottom). I personally think the logo shows characters like Shiva and Odin and the necklace thing to deliberatly mirror the ending of FF13. I wouldnt know, I've only finished the game 5 times. Brilliant article by the way. The ff12 logo is badass.
  • JayBeat - July 15, 2010 10:46 a.m.

Cool as :) I love the DS remake of IV
  • philipshaw - July 15, 2010 9:55 a.m.

Instresting article but I couldn't read the FF13 entry because I still have yet to beat that game, i'm only 15 hours in
  • penguinchilli - July 15, 2010 9:14 a.m.

Actually the FFXIV logo isn't just "14 people flying into battle", it is instead putting an emphasis on the new job system. In FFXI you had to go to your moghouse to change jobs, this time in FFXIV, all you have to do is change your weapon, therefore whatever weapon you choose determines the role you play.
  • Austin_SJ - July 15, 2010 8:24 a.m.

Don't link to a non-existent 109 and get my hopes up.
  • jmcgrotty - July 15, 2010 6:48 a.m.

This article made me realize that, while I own all the non-DS games mentioned (well, not 14), I have never paid attention to the logos. Even after reading this, I am shocked that anyone has cared.
  • quincytheodore - July 15, 2010 5:48 a.m.

Ahh how FF X has fallen.. The sending Yuna did at Kilika was simply breathtaking.. The X-2 was just "Spira's next top model / Idol" and "Charlie's Angels" cobbled together. I still have soft spot for it though since it's my first RPG in PS2.. I was late.. How could video games not considered art? The logos themselves are artwork.
  • DJexs - July 15, 2010 5:20 a.m.

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core logo makes a ton of sense. The logo is a picture of the sky. The sky plays a huge role in the game. Aeris is scared of it and Zack loves it he sees it as liberating the only way they could of made it better would be by adding a couple of Angeal's feathers
  • theemporer - July 15, 2010 5:14 a.m.

IMO the logos are better than the games.
  • Smeggs - July 15, 2010 5:03 a.m.

You sure that's what's going on in the FFXIII logo? I always thought I was seeing the Shiva sisters and Odin's Vehicle form since those were the first two Eidolons you obtained, along with Vanille's (Or was that Lightning's) necklace. Then again I suppose the necklace thing is the pillar of crystalyzed lava and earth and the orb is cocoon, but where does the horse come in to it then?
  • Romination - July 15, 2010 4:07 a.m.

That was pretty good. I think you over explained 4's, all you needed to say was that it was Golbez, the main villain for most of the game.
  • Usgo - July 15, 2010 4:07 a.m.

need logos with no words just images please help. great article!
  • Peanut726 - July 15, 2010 3:17 a.m.

Thank you mr. elston for the wonderful explanations, i have now learned something today
  • TheWebSwinger - July 15, 2010 2:51 a.m.

Wait didn't you guys already record TDar 109? Also I really love the FFXII logo, it's dope.
  • mgkyo666 - July 15, 2010 2:28 a.m.

*thanks
  • mgkyo666 - July 15, 2010 2:27 a.m.

Brett, thank for the spoiler warning on XIII, I would surely be angry if I had read it! I though those were Snow's summon, but judging by the length of information you have on it, I'm probably wrong.
  • Ganonpork - July 15, 2010 2:27 a.m.

i havent beaten ff 7 yet ( killing emerald and ruby weapon before going to the last dungeon so i made this wierd noise and covered my eyes, but i still saw that meteor hits DX. lol splendid article.