Topics

Best of 2010 WTF

• IcelandMaelstrom - December 15, 2010 10:42 p.m.

WTF? where is katamari damacy?!
  • Manguy17 - December 15, 2010 10:41 p.m.

i understand why they put it up in the top spot, even though i disagree with it, buy why is angry birds in 2nd? Recaptcha: cruestan does... understand why angry birds is there?
  • JADENkOTOR - December 15, 2010 10:41 p.m.

No one will ever take this guys opinion about anything seriously again. Putting ME2 at #10 is just down right disrespectful even if he didn't like the game. It makes the top 5 just on quality alone, and in my opinion is the easy winner for GOTY. Angry Birds?... Really?
  • FrozenImplosion - December 15, 2010 10:31 p.m.

Well honestly, my top 5 of the year includes all games on their list so I'd say while it's ordered a bit weirdly it still is a pretty good list. I mean seriously, ME hype is ME hype, Mario hype is Mario hype, Halo hype is Halo hype so I'm glad that they went beyond that and put them on... but not like OMG ME2 IS #1!!!!111 Only other thing is Angry Birds is honestly one of the most boring iPhone games I've played so I don't understand why thats on there either. Cut the Rope all the way :3
  • OHMYGODIMONFIRE - December 15, 2010 10:24 p.m.

My game of the year is actually brotherhood.
  • cosmicshambles - December 15, 2010 10:23 p.m.

Seems obvious to me that Time does this kind of thing to generate buzz. Buzz = clicks = ad revenue. It works too. I'm off to read the list right now.
  • mrmorozov987 - December 15, 2010 10:21 p.m.

I read that this morning, and I couldn't believe that Angry Birds (a game which has been done trillions of time as flash online games) beat out other titles.
  • juicenpancakes - December 15, 2010 10:12 p.m.

*drives I guess spelling "video games" in a GamesRadar-like manner spilled over into my other words.
  • juicenpancakes - December 15, 2010 10:10 p.m.

This is just as bad as some of the stuff Entertainment Weekly does with vidjya gams. The Alan Wake thing srives me crazy, but seriously, ANGRY BIRDS SECOND?!!?!? I agree with 435, just flip it around and it looks somewhat normal.
  • GhostofTaft - December 15, 2010 10:06 p.m.

I know he has a right to his opinion, but seeing Mass Effect 2 ranked 10th gives me a migraine.
  • PhantomOfKrankor - December 15, 2010 10:03 p.m.

And only one FPS on their list.
  • FlyingBags - December 15, 2010 10:02 p.m.

Time magazine loves to ruffle people's feathers by picking controversial candidates for their year end wrap ups. Whereas most people would agree that Julian Assange was the most influential person of this year, Time chose to give it to Zuckerberg. Same goes with them picking Toy Story 3 as best movie. Sure an enormous achievement in storytelling and animation but to uproot films that had a much broader and complex script, say Inception or The King's Speech? They chose Alan Wake because in their eyes it brought games one step closer to mimicking movies, all whilst implementing a unique storytelling method. As gamers we see it as an alright game but as literary journalists, the editors of Time believe it was the best gaming experience of the year.
  • MaxxamusTime - December 15, 2010 10:02 p.m.

Why does Time Magazine do a top ten list of video games of the year, since they don't specialize in gaming. A big FU to Time Magazine
  • icbacomingupwithapropername - December 15, 2010 10:01 p.m.

Well seams like a good list to me even though I wouldn't putnalan wake in the top spot, that would probably go to Starcraft 2. And easy up on the angry birds it's a great game in it's own semi casual way.
  • Transmatrix - December 15, 2010 10:01 p.m.

I enjoyed Alan Wake, but it definitely was not the best game of the year. Both RDR and Mass Effect 2 were much better games with more dynamic and challenging gameplay. captcha: codify lying
  • Jacko415 - December 15, 2010 10 p.m.

This guy has no place in gaming. Mass Effect 2 is is #10!? WTF? DID HE PLAY ANY OF THESE?!
  • 435 - December 15, 2010 9:58 p.m.

Flipping that Top 10 on it's ass would be more indicative of a true best of 2010, but not quite right still.