• peace4me - February 21, 2011 6:21 p.m.

Super Nintendo is 16 bit! Not 8! Just saying :D
  • ThatSkinnyGuy - February 21, 2011 6:11 p.m.

Great article Meiks, I was hoping for a mention of the YouTube 'Excuse me, Princess' video from the Zelda cartoon though at the end - that is some funzies. Get Googling if you haven't seen it.
  • YES - February 21, 2011 6:08 p.m.

In the description to A Link to the Past it says "the game sees Link travelling through time to put an 8-bit smackdown on Ganon’s nefarious plans." The SNES is 16 bit.
  • AngryScotsman - February 21, 2011 6:05 p.m.

I always name him Lunk. It makes me laugh far too much. And The Legend of Zelda series is probably my favourite in gaming when taken as a whole. Consistently fun and infinitely replayable.
  • shawksta - February 21, 2011 6:01 p.m.

This is why Zelda is awesome, every game is unique with different gameplay styles that make them feel fresh. Skyward sword will no doubt be awesome and the way miyamoto describes it and his thoughts of "wind waker felt unfinished" and not liking twilight princess a bit, makes this game have a chance of being the next Ocarina of time! Skyward Sword will definitely stand with uncharted 3 as game of the year, if not it will be Game of the year.
  • brumakwrangler - February 21, 2011 5:54 p.m.

pretty much the same game everytime and still awesome gotta love nintendo
  • Fuzunga - February 21, 2011 5:52 p.m.

In no country did Spirt Tracks release in 2008. It was released December 2009 worldwide.
  • MrDuracraft - February 21, 2011 5:48 p.m.

"Lets just hope Tingle and Na’vi have been fitted with some cement shoes then pushed off a short peer. Dicks." I lol'd (but this isn't Avatar, it's just Navi) AND ZOMG THE CD-i ZALDAS WERE LIEK TEH BEST EVAR IDK WTF U TALKIN' 'BOUT
  • FanofSaiyan - February 21, 2011 5:43 p.m.

I know you're only mentioning the original games in the series, but what about Master Quest and The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition? Other than that this is a great compilation article.
  • Gavo - February 21, 2011 5:41 p.m.

"pushed off a short peer." Should be pier, no?
  • MonocledYaoGuai - February 21, 2011 5:40 p.m.

Great Article! I'm a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda, and i'm glad to see such a comprehensive article on my favorite game series.
  • igothitwithabulb - February 21, 2011 5:40 p.m.

@Bobbysayhi I agree fully.
  • zeetlock - February 21, 2011 5:39 p.m.

am i the only one that noticed its CG instead of GC for the twilight princess?
  • Bobbysayhi - February 21, 2011 5:34 p.m.

Link is awesome.