• InK - February 8, 2012 9:26 p.m.

I can't be the only one that notices the 6 looks like a person giving a giraffe head, right? Seriously.
  • BertTheTurtle - February 2, 2012 7:38 p.m.

Even though I've never played a RE game withtrue zombies so I don't know how good/bad they are, I still think I'll miss the Ganado and Majini enemies, though the giant thing and those tentacles sure look cool. If it's scary and if there is no coop/AI partners, I'll be sold.
  • AuthorityFigure - January 20, 2012 5:53 p.m.

I would of preferred an article of '6 Things We Know About Resident Evil 8', but this was good too.
  • Dracos D Draconian - January 20, 2012 12:37 p.m.

that man with the scar reminds me of krauser from RE4.
  • Sjoeki - January 20, 2012 12:10 p.m.

Is that Nolan North doing the voice of Leon? Cause it kind of reminds me of a voice I heard in every single game I played in 2011.
  • somerandomchap - January 20, 2012 6:52 p.m.

Na it's Paul Mercier who has been playing Leon since RE4
  • Thequestion 121 - January 20, 2012 10:34 a.m.

I'm really excited for this game. I especially liked the parts where Chris was sliding and killing zombies ala Vanquish. I should actually play Vanquish before this game comes out. Back on topic, I hope the the supposed 3 characters missions will be equal in length. Having three different play styles would be great and would make the game's world more fleshed out.
  • TheCanadianTimmay! - January 20, 2012 9:36 a.m.

BETRAYAL! This is Resident Evil without its soul - something I don't want to see but it'll happen regardless. One more entry you can add to this list is that it's definitely not a Resident Evil game. There is nothing here makes me think this is a survival horror game series anymore. The real sad part is I'll most likely end up playing it if only to be disappointed. Again.
  • JayQ - January 20, 2012 7:55 a.m.

To me it looks like there might be 3 campaigns, The leon campaign will be more tense RE4 style, the Chris campaign will be more action oriented RE5 style, and I think the third campaign will be a co-op campaign with the mystery person and the blonde who looks and sounds like Ashley from RE4. The reason I say this is because at one point in the trailer you see the blonde stick the mystery guy with a needle or something when he's on the ground, that looks like a co-op revive system to me.
  • somerandomchap - January 20, 2012 6:52 p.m.

That sounds pretty fucking awesome
  • uberjoe - January 20, 2012 7:44 a.m.

Opinion after 30 secs- Awesome a return to slow-paced, classic resi. After 1 minute- Lame, its another incomprehensible action-a-thon. After trailer finished- Wait, I stand corrected. It IS going to be awesome resident evil.
  • THEBIGJ3 - January 20, 2012 7:05 a.m.

LOVED RE5, Can't wait for this one now! Always been a bit of a Jessie when it comes to scares to be honest, so for me RE5 was a perfect blend of action and scaryish parts, This looks to me like Capcom are taking the term 'listened to our fans' to whole new levels and have tried to cater for every type of person, action, scares, story. Gotta be honest tho i REALLY REALLY hope it has coop like RE5, that was the ONLY way to play RE5 and it was absolutely fantastic. Anyone who dissmisses RE5 without playing it on coop with a friend first is simply misguided Come on November! :-)
  • inkyspot - January 20, 2012 5:39 a.m.

They had me at Hello... wait they didn't say hello did they.
  • mikeylawson - January 20, 2012 4:10 a.m.

I don't like Resi games. But this looks solid. If reviews are good, I may have to give it a go.
  • CitizenWolfie - January 20, 2012 1:25 a.m.

The more I see the trailer, the more it's winning me over. It'll be cool if there are multiple play styles depending on the characters. One of the things I like about Call of Duty's campaign is that it'll suddenly thrust you into the boots of different people (such as the astronaut in MW2) and if you're right on the last point then playing as a fleeing victim might be all kinds of awesome. Yes, it does seem like it might be borrowing stuff from games that in turn already borrowed from RE, but considering some of those include Dead Space that's not necessarily a bad thing. I still wish it was more toned down and eerie like the first one though. The No Hope website was quite subtle and creepy so I was initially a bit disappointed that the trailer turned out to be OTT balls-to-the-wall action.
  • phoenix_wings - January 20, 2012 12:06 a.m.

The guy with the scar is Alex Wesker, no doubt in my mind. The emphasis on his blood - his genes, apparently because they're perfect. I guess, anyway. He fights a helicopter with his bare hands - how could it be anyone else? Alex Wesker is part of the Wesker children - an experiment to take the most biologically gifted individuals and make a super race. Kind of a cheap rip-off of Les Enfants Miserables, and it was revealed close to the end of RE5...which is why I disliked the idea lol.
  • Vulneratus - January 21, 2012 2:53 a.m.

It's Les Enfants Terribles... Good theory on it being Alex though I hadn't thought of that. On the other hand I always thought Alex Wesker would turn out to be female... since the name can be for both sexes and there was no mention of gender in the documents about the Wesker children... your theory fits nicer however in light of this trailer
  • ItBurnsWhenIWii - January 19, 2012 10:55 p.m.

Resident Evil: Fast Five!!!!!!!!!!
  • somerandomchap - January 19, 2012 10:51 p.m.

I don't want to say you forgot, but the gameplay parts in the trailer shows the characters moving while ADS, that's new.
  • wingsdjy - January 20, 2012 6:41 a.m.

If you can ADS and move, I'm sold. IMO that's what has held RE back since RE4 (well, that and lack of strafing)