Topics

Mortal Kombat

• ChiChiRocket - August 28, 2012 7:51 p.m.

As a kid, I was always offended at the end of the movie when Liu Kang called "flawless victory." Shang Tsung got all kinds of hits in on him!
  • code_r - August 28, 2012 2:41 p.m.

Stunningly awful perhaps. A bloodless MK? Flawless Victory after taking hits? Scorpion/SZ being reduced to mind slaves for some reason? Please. It was never good past that opening logo.
  • rxb - August 28, 2012 9:27 a.m.

I not really a big MK fan and never really liked the film much, but this in depth analysis is spot on. You could even go on to say that the film copies the games in another way, being a bit crap overall.
  • Scrotie McBoogerballs - August 28, 2012 12:11 p.m.

Nah. You couldn't. Good try, though.
  • johnny-greer - June 10, 2014 6:10 p.m.

you could say that, if you had about as much taste as tap water as far as game to movie adaptations go, it did a bloody alright job, the vast majority of films out now are cheesy as f*ck, atleast MK was fun to watch
  • Mooshon - August 28, 2012 4 a.m.

Drunk, with uni friends at a light night showing in '95. To this day I don't think I've had a better time in a cinema. Remember laughing hysterically at the techno fuelled liu kang/reptile scrap. Good times. The quintessential cheesy gamer film for me.
  • nikrusty - August 28, 2012 3:27 a.m.

All due respect to the movie...but They gotta make a darker gorier sequel true to the game, characters and lore
  • jackthemenace - August 27, 2012 2:20 p.m.

This film is the same age as *I* am, and yet I still haven't seen it. I'm adding it to the list of films I absolutely have to watch before I die. But, there's only so much room... Oh well, buh-bye Citizen Kane. Goro in teh video on the last page is freaking terrifying. I'd be too scared to even be in the same room as it, let alone punch it full force. And I'm pretty sure at one point in the same video I saw Bill and Ted as members of the crowd.
  • Rowdie - August 27, 2012 2:13 p.m.

All the beautiful research out the door with one nut shot to goro.
  • Erebus - August 27, 2012 10:43 p.m.

THIS!!!!!! I remember all my friends and I that watched this at the cinemas stating as much. "But...but...but...you can't groin punch Goro!!!!11!!"
  • Sjoeki - August 27, 2012 1:30 p.m.

17 years? Has it been that long since that movie came out? Starting to feel old over here!
  • gilgamesh310 - August 27, 2012 11:11 a.m.

David's articles seem to becoming more pretentious by the days. I'm sure any of us could contrive some sort of logic as to why even the House of the Dead film is a masterpiece. I do like Mortal Kombat though and think it's at least the joint best movie adaption(with Silent Hill).
  • BladedFalcon - August 27, 2012 11:17 a.m.

You do realize he was being sarcastic and the entire article was sardonic and a joke in nature, right?
  • GR_JustinTowell - August 28, 2012 5:20 a.m.

Erm... I think on this occasion he was being serious!
  • Moondoggie1157 - August 27, 2012 6:43 p.m.

Man, what a downer... You're like a bottle of Valium, women's basketball and Ben Stein all rolled into one. You've actually lowered me into a depression, like an R.E.M. and old photo depression, you know the kind. Thanks for that. **Everyyybodyyy Hurrrrts*** Why do people have to be buzzkills? Especially when they actually agree with the article? Ehhhh... I don't get it.
  • smcgarvey - August 27, 2012 11:08 a.m.

You haven't lived until you've seen Mortal Kombat as a midnight movie. Haven't lived, I tell you.
  • Godzillarex - August 27, 2012 9:19 a.m.

Great article! Probably the best video game movie of all time.