• runner - March 6, 2013 8:23 a.m.

49. Make cutscenes like movies, not cartoons While I totally agree with this, a lot of people still can't distinguish it, or even worse, they actually prefer the cartoony overly melodramatic acting.
  • Cinaclov - March 6, 2013 8:21 a.m.

MORE 4 PLAYER SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER GAMES!!! When me and my friends have a gaming evening the Wii and N64 get far, far more use than the 360 or PS3. The lack of games on 360 is especially notable; out of all of our games with local multiplayer easily half of them are Halo and most of the rest shooters. If it weren't for some of the download games we probably wouldn't even bother with the 360 at all. It's not quite so bad but still similar on PS3. Sort it!
  • ibashdaily - March 6, 2013 3:20 p.m.

Yes! When I was playing Goldeneye with my friends back in the day, we would all talk shit about how "one day, we're going to have 60 inch tv's, and crazy controllers that don't have to even be connected!" Now we have that in most of our living rooms and we can't take advantage of it.
  • Person5 - March 6, 2013 6:36 p.m.

THIS!!!! I hate hanging out with my friends and saying "what do you want to play? We can play Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo, or Halo" Why can't I play Gears Horde with 4 people on one screen? Why can't I play Halo's campaign with 4 local players? I have been annoyed by this this entire generation!
  • bamit11 - March 6, 2013 7:48 a.m.

I agree with all of these, but Fallout: New Vegas is a good example for not following 44. In the next game, they should definitely make every generic NPC use a different random face, like you can do when you create your character, which they didn't do in New Vegas, causing NPC that looked the same. Also, it would be cool if more games had something like the GECK to craete your own mods and quests, etc.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 7:46 a.m.

Hmm, while most of these are nice suggestions, I'm actually not terribly bothered by most of them, save for the day one patch one (16) and the first 3 slides (Loading, installs and updates). Which, if Sony is to be believed, all of those 3 things will stop being an issue with the PS4, and hopefully that will also apply to whatever Microsoft's cooking up. Also, while you guys did mention some specific revival of genres, or condemning some current cliches, In general, I'd like a far, FAR less reliance on making shooters, period. I mean, I think that it's not an exaggeration to say that this gen, 60 to 70% of games (at least, high profile games) were either FPS or TPS games, and while both are genres I like just fine, it HAS gotten to a point in which I no longer feel interested in playing most of them because I feel fatigued by the overload of them. Sadly, is see no real reason to believe this will change in the next generation, but I sure hope it does. Don't really think I am relying in nostalgia when I say that 6th generation (PS2, Xbox, GC.) of gaming offered an overall far more varied pool of games in every genre to choose from. Let's bring that back...?
  • Arobadope - March 6, 2013 8:10 a.m.

Normally bladed I disagree with you and think you're an idiot.....in this case I agree with you and think you hit the nail on the head, hard. It looks like nothing is really going to change in this next console cycle, but I'd love to see a return to the 90s-early00's of gaming and a lot less of this modern desert landscape crap.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 11:09 a.m.

Huh, didn't know that just by disagreeing with someone, that apparently turns you into an idiot as well. Yay tolerance! Still, thanks for the compliment, and yeah, I just find it kinda weird that most people doesn't seem to have an issue with this... which is sad, but I guess it also why there seems to be more and more shooters than anything else lately >>;
  • Bloodstorm - March 6, 2013 1:32 p.m.

Lowest common denominator. The shooter is the sitcom of gaming, and panders to the largest crowd of pudding brained people (not that everyone that enjoys shooters are simpletons, but have you been in a multiplayer lobby lately?)
  • Arobadope - March 6, 2013 3:18 p.m.

Note the 'and' as in there isn't a correlation between disagreeing with you and find you to be an idiot. Even on the subjects I agree with you on (such as this) I still think you're an idiot :D
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 4:02 p.m.

Well, considering you barely know anything about me as an actual person to properly make such assessment, I'd consider that be a rather shallow assumption. But hey, knock yourself out! ^^
  • Person5 - March 6, 2013 6:39 p.m.

Completely agree as well, unfortunately nothing seems to look like its going to change this coming generation, it will be more of the same with better graphics...wooooooo.
  • avantguardian - March 6, 2013 8:41 p.m.

hey fellas, lets stay positive here. new games YAAYY!!
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 9:43 p.m.

*Laughs* Of course XD We were just saying, if we're talking about what could be improved, some more variety could be nice, but hey new games are new games XD
  • avantguardian - March 6, 2013 8:40 p.m.

c'mon man. BF is super opinionated, but he articulates it well. calling him an idiot is just being a douche.
  • DaGreenFungus - March 6, 2013 7:22 a.m.

Make games like movies not cartoons. exactly what they need to do. It really can not be so difficult to get proper acting into videogames
  • Arobadope - March 6, 2013 8:01 a.m.

Make games like novels not movies, I don't want my games over in 2-3 hours.
  • PatHan-bHai - March 6, 2013 8:33 a.m.

Yap!
  • winner2 - March 6, 2013 7 a.m.

10 and 48, strongly agree.