• shawksta - March 6, 2013 5:56 p.m.

Great list, you really hit the nail on some of them. 19 and 35. FUCKING. YES. THANK YOU Horsepower doesnt mean shit if your just gonna waste them on Graphics and Im tired of the bullshit that Platformers dont matter, we need real quality 2D Platformers, like DKCR and Rayman Origins and to some extent, Splosion/Mrs.Splosionman. We need real 3D Platformers, i dont give 2 shits if people think they "Evolved" into action adventure, because they didnt. Otherwise Mario saved it, TWICE, and to some extent Sonic did too with Colors and generations.
  • C.King - March 6, 2013 5:33 p.m.

ya know something that seemed to have died off? character selection/ multiforms i mean having a choice of who to play as and make it more than a cosmetic change, i miss being able to play the same adventure with a different dude and notice the advantages and disadvantages of using each guy. what's the deal with certain weapons? what do you do with a sword? swing. what do you do with a mace? swing. i think the way weapons are used shouldn't be identical. same deal with guns a good number of em seem near identical, they should change it up with different bullet speeds, charge times, sizes, movement properties, and aesthetically
  • closer2192 - March 6, 2013 4:12 p.m.

Point 16 is a key. I'm not your fucking playtester.
  • Rowdie - March 6, 2013 1:58 p.m.

10. Why limit it to just shooters? All kinds of games have devoted way too much time to story telling and not nearly enough to game play. 20,21 Frame Rate is key. If they just need to render at 720 and res up so be it. Seems like 1080p/60 is perfectly reasonable. 23, was that a squabble? It was just an accurate and humorous point. Honestly, they introduced a console and didn't introduce the console. I didn't catch butt kissing journalist pointing it out. It might not be as funny as first game ever with realtime weapon change, but it's still pretty funny. 28. That dpad was awful. That said, their latest effort while still not what it should be is much better. Even with the terrible dpad it was still easily the best controller of the generation. So can I get a 28a? No more second rate analog sticks. Actual triggers. Analog sticks not stuck on like so much after thought and actually putting them in a proper position having realized their importance. Or should we not point that out because we already know sony screwed that up again? 35. Kameo had so much potential :( 39. Man, now did Uplay get on the poster instead of EA. This was my basic impression of online servers, not EA, brilliant. EA, stinks out loud. Seems to me a bit of a conflict between 43 and whatever one was about not relying on patches. Not to mention "no patch limits" is a questionable headline. What you seem to be asking for is unlimited free patches. That's not a good solution. I'm for trying to preserve the consoles' advantages. There needs to be some kind of added pain in order incentivize developers to get it right instead of patch it up. 51. Get back to games. I don't mind all these other features one bit, until the take away from games. The push to put whatever app other than games in the spot light on the 360's latest, and pretty crappy if you ask me, dashboard has got to be reversed. I honestly don't think I've made a single purchase since that change. I used to regularly search indie and arcade games. So much for that. 52. MMO games. RPGs or any for that matter. 53. Bring Back indie games.
  • dmeister921 - March 6, 2013 1:29 p.m.

#51. More in-game unlockables, I remember when games used to reward players with extra costumes weapons, characters, and hidden levels. Extras like these are now preorder bonuses and DLC and it's a shame. I also strongly agree with #35, I would love to see Insomniac and Naughty Dog return to platformers such as Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.
  • garnsr - March 6, 2013 4:11 p.m.

Unlockables that you can use as soon as you get them, not after you finish the game. What's the point of preorder bonuses that you never even use, because you can't use them the first time through? Does the while world get the same discs as America, that just translate themselves into the local language? That's the only reason there should be credits for Czech or Korean localizers and PR people in my game.
  • MolokoVeck - March 6, 2013 11:14 a.m.

Completely disagree with 10. While some people might prefer their shooters to take the flight simulator approach and just throw you into the middle of a war so you can one-man-army your country/team/whatever to victory, I actually prefer a little story in my games. Here are a bunch of guns, go shoot everyone not dressed like you. Boring!
  • Bloodstorm - March 6, 2013 1:25 p.m.

I agree, and so does Gamesradar. You know the first thing under 'What you will hate' in a game review that followed the advice of #10 would be 'Uninteresting story' or 'Lack of a compelling story'.
  • mbavalo - March 6, 2013 1:41 p.m.

I also do agree with you, #10, do they really want shooter games where their like "shoot anything that moves" That kind of game will suck! 5 minutes in you will get bored of the monotonous game play, rather have a story backing the reason why you are doing so, gives you the motivation to go on playing
  • kingsmikefan - March 6, 2013 10:01 p.m.

I'm at the point where I need both in my shooters. I need crisp and refreshing gameplay as well as a good story. I find that in most games I play. The rare exceptions, like XCom, I play because I still feel like I'm progressing something. And, in a way, that game lets you create your own stories. So, maybe shit like that?
  • mbavalo - March 11, 2013 12:22 p.m.

That too won't be bad, but how do you think they will pull off a "minecraft style" shooter? Since minecraft is the only game that can come to my mind right now where you create your own story and adventure. A shooter has to have a reason in today's standards, therefore making a shooter game without a story.. well the game will be nothing but a load of bull
  • AqueousBoy - March 6, 2013 10:48 a.m.

#25. The length of credits has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. I work in film and TV, and sure, the credits can be long there too, but I know that there's way more people that were involved in the project that ever get a credit. I've received actual screen credit on maybe 10% of the things I've been involved with, and that's fine - I'm not a major artist or contributor to the overall product. But man, it sure seems like games credits include EVERYONE on there. It feels like those Youtube films where 4 minutes of a 10 minute video are devoted to crediting extras and thanking their dog.
  • talleyXIV - March 6, 2013 11:43 a.m.

They have possibly worked on the game for years of their lives, you played it for many hours, and you can't watch 15 minutes of credits? Come on, don't be ridiculous. Are you bored while they run? Turn on the TV or read something or go on the Internet or even go outside...
  • AqueousBoy - March 6, 2013 12:36 p.m.

Ah, the old "get a life" argument. Classic.
  • talleyXIV - March 6, 2013 2:13 p.m.

Not a get a life argument. It's a go do something else for 10 fucking minutes argument. Bitching about something so insignificant is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Can't you people be happy with the game you just played for a decent amount of time and let the people who created it get some credit too?
  • Bloodstorm - March 6, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Because, they insist on putting junk after the credits....
  • talleyXIV - March 6, 2013 2:15 p.m.

There is a magical place called the Internet where everything shows up at some point in time. Oh you missed the cutscene after those credits because you were crying about the credits rolling? Google "My game's after credits cutscene." THERE YOU GO.
  • NanoElite666 - March 6, 2013 10:45 a.m.

How about we make helicopter escapes go awry in infinitely more exciting ways? Two of my favorite memories from playing Mercenaries 2 involved botched attempts at escaping in helicopters. One involving not being able to use it to fly off an oil rig I had just called a rocket strike on (I think I landed it funny and it slid off the helipad into the ocean), so I was instead forced to jump off the helipad as rocket artillery rained down behind me. The other involving a botched throw of a cruise missile beacon getting stuck on my chopper's blades, so the missile circled around me for a few seconds before I did a hasty low-altitude bail-out right before my chopper turned into a fireball.
  • JMarsella09 - March 6, 2013 9:55 a.m.

I miss cheats.
  • KA87 - March 6, 2013 8:40 a.m.

Instead of shortening the credits, they could just give you a trophy or achivement for setting through them. I thought it was really cool when this one game gave me one for that. And yes, please bring back cheat codes.