• Tonydrumz - March 7, 2013 9:45 a.m.

They forgot to add cross platform play to this list. Next gen console are on the same level if not more powerful then gaming computers. I always hate having all my friends on xbox all playing a game together and me alone on the PC.
  • Eo1spy - March 7, 2013 7:11 a.m.

Hopefully installations should be reduced as the BD drive is supposedly 3 times faster. Definitely want customisable controls, the last game I played where it was mostly changeable was Resistance 1...in 2007. Unlockables! Uncharted had plenty of them, back before different skins cost money. The main thing I want to see is 1080p for every game, 720p is okay but I am sick of games having strange resolutions where everything appears blurry due to the tv upscaling. Resistance 3 was terrible: 960x704, that's barely above 800x600 which was the standard around the year 2000.
  • nintendo365 - March 7, 2013 6:59 a.m.

Off the break at #1, I TOTALLY agree. I love me some Skyrim, Im over 320 total hours, and I only got it in September- But JESUS CHRIST are the loading times bad. #20 one games Frame Rates come to mind- Borderlands 2, for some reason when I blast someone at close range with a Torgue shotgun, my Frames drop SO low. I get about 30-35% of my Downs from that momentary drop. #40, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 have both butt-f**ked me with checkpoints, where that game saves JUST after youve been stuck or a chopper has you pinned in a corner on Veteran. Good list David.
  • zjione010 - March 7, 2013 6:45 a.m.

The last time I inadvertently on the website ,and see this website ,this web selling CLOTH inside very cheap. And shoes are very beautiful. Now share for everyone . http://pokostyle.com (pokostyle.com).
  • chavbuster1 - March 7, 2013 6:35 a.m.

Tomb raider 2013 nude cheatcode plox. x x x
  • JarkayColt - March 7, 2013 6:08 a.m.

Cheat codes & unlockables are definitely the things I miss the most. As mentioned, lots of DLC items are the sorts of things you would typically find as secret unlocks in older games, such as bonus costumes, hidden levels etc. Nowadays, it feels like if there's any intention to include those things, they just reserve them for paid DLC. Pretty sucky really. Just an example but I loved that Uncharted 1 & 2 included a big list of fun bonus unlocks, but why did they remove it all in Uncharted 3? Also I honestly cannot remember the last time I entered a cheat code in either button OR name-entry format. :( Oh, and I agree that games should start to focus on things like AI more now as well. Especially things like racing games were you expect the competition to react with at least a semblance of intelligence.
  • Vincent Wolf - March 7, 2013 12:48 a.m.

Did author just wrote down every one of these over the course of a year or something, because no normal person can just sit down and come up with all these... But yes, mostly agree. #29 especially. Yes please, I'm SICK of controller, which morons from Bungie consider to be so aweaome, in my Halo or Gears. I shoot about twice better with mouse.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 7, 2013 1:32 a.m.

Nope, I did this feature over the course of two days. The writing only made up the first one. But I'm very good at remembering things that irritate me.
  • Evanesco - March 7, 2013 12:14 a.m.

Draw-distance and LOD should be included.
  • interasteral7 - March 6, 2013 7:36 p.m.

Single player cheats should come back in video games in eighth generation consoles without any consequences like not being able to save while using them or stop getting rid of cheats that were fun and put it again into its next entry like being not being able use the no wanted cheat in Grand Theft auto IV.
  • Datadog - March 6, 2013 7:07 p.m.

Save some for the next gen! Can't really expect more reasonable game prices when the R&D for this laundry list alone is going to raise the price of games by a good chunk. I'll be happy if all games in general just get over the clunkier pratfalls of technical animation. There's no point in better graphics if the gameplay animation still looks like I'm controlling a robot.
  • dmeister921 - March 6, 2013 6:45 p.m.

#52 Bring back game manuals!
  • wadesmit - March 7, 2013 12:50 p.m.

HNNNNNG I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE GONE D':
  • Frieza - March 6, 2013 6:43 p.m.

Changing DLC is a must. Make things like an extra sword or a special piece of armor free. Make the things you do pay for big in content that actually add something new and refreshing to the game instead of something we've already seen, just in a different skin. I don't want to see a price tag on the color black ever again.
  • Errrrbo - March 6, 2013 6:41 p.m.

Very good list. There are two major trends from this current generation that I'd like to see fixed in the next one. 1. I'm tired of games having to either be huge directionless open worlds, or a series of hallways. I want some middle ground. Almost every shooter seems to have corridors littered with waist-high walls as the primary level design motifs. 2. The other: More really good JRPGs. Other than Final Fantasy, it seems like most JRPGs that come out nowadays are weird, borderline hentai ones like Hyperdimension Neptunia. Remember the PS2 days, when we were getting new games all the time from companies like Tri-Ace, Level 5, Game Arts, and many others? I'd like to see that come back.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 7:06 p.m.

Well, if you want a really good RPG, Ni No Kuni seems to be the answer to your prayers if most critical and fan reception is to be believed. That, and sounds like it's as traditional and beautiful and RPG that you can get these days. Granted, it's jsut one, but better than nothing, right?
  • kingsmikefan - March 6, 2013 9:59 p.m.

Human Revolution was the best example I've seen, and I want more games to use it as inspiration. Dense, detailed, hub worlds instead of one big-ass, busted one. It was so great.
  • BladedFalcon - March 7, 2013 5:12 a.m.

Human Revolution is in no way a Japanese RPG though :P
  • kingsmikefan - April 3, 2013 9:42 p.m.

You said RPG, not JRPG. So, I mentioned a good RPG. Because there's a difference between a good RPG and a JRPG *drops the mic*
  • BladedFalcon - April 3, 2013 11:51 p.m.

Okay, so I forgot to add the "J" in that sentence, but had you bothered to read to what i was replying to, i think it could have been easy to understand that were were talking about JRPGs.