Topics

Week of Hate

• TriforcePlayer - April 28, 2011 11:12 p.m.

If Mass 3 is full of homolust as Dragon Age 2 is Bioware is done for.
  • phoenix_wings - April 28, 2011 11:10 p.m.

I agree with Carolyn, it's kind of a piss-off when there are so many girl-girl options but no guy-guy options. It's kind of, dare I say it, derogatory to women. But...the game's audience is primarily young men, and compared to the people that like to see girl-girl action, there aren't too many young men that like to see guy on guy action. However, if I was one of those guys, I'd feel a little ticked too.
  • Lando81 - April 28, 2011 11:10 p.m.

Confirmed! Garrus has Space-Lady parts!
  • juicenpancakes - April 28, 2011 11:07 p.m.

*I meant a Garrus guy-guy option. Which I guess was kind of the point of number 5. I have a hard time believing that they could just now implement that into ME3 out of nowhere, though. It would be very weird if after two games of him denying me, he suddenly said, "Alright Shepard, get rid of Liara and Miranda, let's do this." -- Although, I wouldn't complain.
  • CitizenThom - April 28, 2011 11:04 p.m.

If, between two games, they had time to write 6 hetero romances and 3 female-female romances, that gives you 3 hetero plus 1.5 female romances per game. At best you can expect 3 hetero, 1 male-male, 1 female-female per game, based on whatever demographics they're targetting. The alternative is 1 hetero, 2 male-male, and 2 female-female romances. Of course, there's always compaining when you only get one option, so Bioware has to pick which complaints it wants to hear if it can only write a total of 4.5 romances per game. So an argument that demographics and the like plays a role isn't that far-fetched an idea, unless of course you want to suggest that hetero, male-male and female-female don't require similar amounts of time to write/implement.
  • hellodesdemona - April 28, 2011 11:02 p.m.

Aw, man I LOVED the suicide mission! No game has ever had me on the edge of my seat like that mission! Anyway, my complaint is why I can't have Kelly feed my frakkin' fish, unless I agree to sleep with her. Extortion, I say. Here's to hoping Joker is a romance option in ME3. I've fallen in love with him more than any other character in the series. GTFO Kaiden! Brittle bones is WAY more interesting!
  • BlackElement17 - April 28, 2011 10:48 p.m.

You just want to give Garrus trunk butt don't you?
  • Acerlux - April 28, 2011 10:42 p.m.

Those were great. He wasn't kidding about horrible inter-species awkwardness. But its fun to see a nervous, bumbling side to space batman. And Mordin was great as always.
  • Corsair89 - April 28, 2011 10:30 p.m.

@nevermore: Yes, because nothing promotes tolerance, open-mindedness, and progressive rational thinking like bashing on other people for not agreeing with everything you say.
  • GamesRadarCarolynGudmundson - April 28, 2011 10:16 p.m.

@Acerlux - yes! if you're a Garrus fan you should definitely look up the Garrus romance on youtube. He has some pretty funny sexual innuendo lines too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwCJxR1Xgk Mordin also has a great line about making sure not to ingest any of Garrus's dextro-amino acids >_< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAP92rvm1hQ
  • FatDarkPlace - April 28, 2011 10:12 p.m.

@Hank34 Well said!
  • nevermore - April 28, 2011 10:08 p.m.

can anyone spot the nazi in this forum....heres a hint HANK34! only scared little conservative bible bashers and nazis dislike homosexual relations,you would have to be very ignorant or just an asshole to have your opinion. the year is 2011,get with the program.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - April 28, 2011 9:57 p.m.

Videogames apparently prove that any girl or guy can convince any other girl or guy to change their orientation if said person has game.
  • Acerlux - April 28, 2011 9:55 p.m.

So if Garrus is a romance option, is there any interesting series of romance based conversations with him? Because his general refusal to have conversations with me broke my heterosexual male heart in ME2, and if I have to play femshep to get some more background, I certainly will.
  • Yeager1122 - April 28, 2011 9:38 p.m.

The sucide missin did annoy me i did definteley did everything the way you were supposed to and the scientist guy (cant remeber name been a while since i played) died on me and i still have no idea how.
  • SDHoneymonster - April 28, 2011 9:38 p.m.

Premature calibration, the story of my life... It had to be done. It's a slow night.
  • Clovin64 - April 28, 2011 9:38 p.m.

@juicenpancakes- Hell yes. Even if I played a male Shep, I'd still romance Garrus. Every freakin' time <3
  • juicenpancakes - April 28, 2011 9:36 p.m.

Damn, Carolyn beat me to it. I was so excited, I thought I was going to be the first Garrus-loving comment. But no, I prematurely calibrated.
  • juicenpancakes - April 28, 2011 9:35 p.m.

Let's just put all of this "other" romance arguments to rest and agree that the real crime against nature is not being able to romance Garrus as a guy or girl. Silly Bioware.
  • SDHoneymonster - April 28, 2011 9:34 p.m.

SteelerPsycho - in my eyes, you're NOT an intergalactic space warrior badass trying to save the cosmos from certain doom unless you get some alien tail whilst you're at it. It's both pretty badass and impressive multi-tasking.