• Cromac - December 2, 2010 2:41 p.m.

I was sad when I was looking for some screens of Demon's Souls the day after it hit US shores, and come across a forum of people discussing how to get the trophies as efficiently as possible(2-3 playthroughs). disgusted me as its not the reason or way to play a game.
  • DutRank - November 29, 2010 3:04 a.m.

Step 6: Give your email and password out to your friends so they can play games while you are at work or out with family. You guys are very dumb if you really think Stallion got all of his gamerscore by himself. It's common knowledge that he lets other people recover his account and play games while he is busy.
  • Skykid - November 28, 2010 8:54 p.m.

FML. 'Nuff said
  • lionheart1986 - November 28, 2010 3:49 p.m.

Wow, nothing like seeing a top Gamerscore to have all the haters come out and complain. Who cares why he does it? Don't knock him for it. He's obviously dedicated to achieving his goal, and I'm sure anyone reading this site, and willing to comment has some gaming related goal they try to achieve regularly. Would you like someone to say what you are doing is completely useless? No. You would defend it; saying you do it because it's fun and you love it. He's having fun doing this, so maybe you should respect that, all you haters. Besides, you know you wish you were number one in something, no matter how ridiculous it is. So don't hate on this guy.
  • Smurftastic - November 27, 2010 5:58 p.m.

I play games for fun if I happen to rack up alot of gamerscore while im doing it the better, but I don't chase down achievements like say collectiables i've never gotten a collect 500 of a certain item and don't plan too. To me that just sucks the fun and immersion out of a game if I have to spend it running around the same area looking for something or glancing at my computer screen every 5 seconds I don't bother, anyway that was my rant sorry for over typing.
  • EarlyGrayce - November 27, 2010 9:45 a.m.

I am firmly in the camp that likes to acquire all of the achievement points for all of the games I have rather than many cheap points. I am glad that your games that have full achievement completion are listed on the Achievement Progress page. I am still annoyed that I missed a day in the 80s of the 100 day achievement for Brothers in Arms Hells Highway.
  • Limbo - November 27, 2010 9:15 a.m.

I don't really see the point in insanely high Gamerscore that came from easy acheivements. That's just my opinion though. I prefer getting 100 percent on games I love. It doesn't really mean anything, but it makes me feel like I have shown my appreciation for the game. So far my list of these games is AC2, Halo 3, Halo:ODST, and Reach.
  • Fmrfox - November 27, 2010 7:59 a.m.

Is point of gaming not for fun and enjoyment? If your not getting that, and your not getting anything for gamerscore, then why? Sure I love to get achievements in my favorite games and ones I enjoy playing. It adds replay value. But buying and playing games that you dislike and don't enjoy seems utterly stupid.
  • quincytheodore - November 27, 2010 6:34 a.m.

I fail to see the point in this. Why sacrifice the fun for meaningless number? If I get achievement, it's good, but if I don't, I don't really care. I have about 41g and the only one I went for 1g was AC2. I don't play the games I don't like. Even if it says "Achievement", that doesn't mean you actually "achieve" something..
  • OddWoN ER - November 27, 2010 6:13 a.m.

i get more pleasure from actually enjoying playing the games i play... cuz in the end we get nothing back from playing videogames. might as well have fun then right?
  • 2cute2Bcruel - November 27, 2010 6:04 a.m.

@ garnsr: LOL My Gamerscore is... about 23K. See? I care so little, I can't be bothered to even verify it. But I know its 5 digits and 3 of those digits are twos! I think that Acheivements are a double-edged sword that can enhance or suck the life out of a game. It depends on the game and your attitude towards the game. I've always wanted to max out the Gamerscore on a game. So far the closest I've come is one Achievement away from that in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I love hearing people spaz out about this stuff. :D
  • nomnom52 - November 27, 2010 12:29 a.m.

my friend rented the burning earth, and offered to let me borrow it, but I declined. I don't like having games I couldn't care less about on my history.
  • richomak27 - November 26, 2010 9:40 p.m.

What a massive waste of time/life. achievements are meaningless
  • AwesomeGuitarSoloMan - November 26, 2010 9:26 p.m.

I have finally found someone who is a bigger loser than me
  • Mamudo - November 26, 2010 5:23 p.m.

I like getting achievements, but it's not why I play. For some people getting a fat ass number on their gamercard means a lot. That's fine. But I'd rather play games I actually enjoy than farm points.
  • Collymilad - November 26, 2010 5:09 p.m.

Seriously whats the point of this? If your gamerscore consists of a load of easy/shit games it's meaningless how large it is. A gamerscore of 20,000 made up on 1000's on difficult games is far more impressive than one of 500k with every piece of shite under the sun played on it. Mine is only 62000 and even I'm ashamed of some of the crap on there (though there are only about 2-3 games that I played solely for the easy 1000.
  • P0LARCLAW - November 26, 2010 5:06 p.m.

So basically have a lot of money to waste, and play terrible games.
  • philipshaw - November 26, 2010 2:26 p.m.

Don't care,trophies are better
  • porjos - November 26, 2010 1:46 p.m.

To each there own... ...but personally, I'd rather have my bragging rights be portrayed by my online/multiplayer skill.
  • FauxFurry - November 26, 2010 12:31 p.m.

Ever since Lionhead reconsidered using gamerscore to determine weapon growth in Fable 3,I've gone right back to thinking about how gamerscore isn't even worth as much as the high scores on arcade machines. At least those meant that one was the best player at accumulating score on that particular cabinet in that region. There was no option to play,say,Space Ace to boost one's score on a Final Fight unit somewhere. That's close enough to what happens with this kind of achievement hunting but on a world-wide scale. That said,here is a site that catalogues all of the games with the easiest achievements. http://www.easyxbox360achievements.com/ It's literally the first thing that shows up when one enters 'East Achievements' into the Bing search engine. This ReCaptcha seems to approve of Stallion83's tips,however,refering to the lot as 'Smoney Testament'. Unfortunately,its achievement points in preventing spammers from bombarding GamesRadar is bound to be rather low.Maybe it can use some tips?