• usmovers_02 - March 27, 2013 11:07 a.m.

Populous: The Beginning is the greatest game ever! I play it to this day!! I'll love Peter forever just for that franchise, even if he did absolutely butcher the Fable Franchise after the 1st game. Really looking forward to his swan song game.
  • Rhymenocerous - March 27, 2013 10:28 a.m.

Ueda
  • Rhymenocerous - March 27, 2013 10:28 a.m.

Fumito Uedo: "Ye know, he tried to make a living as an artist, before getting into the games industry in 1995."
  • samirbvr - March 27, 2013 9:39 a.m.

I guess then Ueda-san is not such a great game dev.
  • winner2 - March 27, 2013 8:26 a.m.

Lol Todd Howard just doesn't quit and I am so glad he didn't. The guy must work crazy hard too, I remember the interviews leading up to Skyrim and he looked ready to pass out in every one.
  • DrFred79 - March 27, 2013 3:08 a.m.

The fact that David Cage is not in there makes me happy :p
  • gus179 - March 26, 2013 10:35 p.m.

Ed Boon and John Tobias. Made bloody violence in games mainstream.
  • Rub3z - March 26, 2013 10:26 p.m.

Goichi Suda. AKA, Suda51. Not a super huge developer, to be sure, but... well... No More Heroes No More Heroes 2 (took the original and made it super awesome) Shadows of the Damned - a triple-team collaboration between Suda, Mikami, and Yamaoka Lollipop Chainsaw (so wrong, yet... so right) and Killer 7, I guess, with Killer Is Dead coming soon. Also, to go a bit smaller scale, if only because all of the games these guys have made are awesome - Edmund McMillen and Danny Baranowsky of Team Meat. Super Meat Boy (one of my favoritest favorite games ever) and The Binding of Isaac. And soon, Mew-Genics. These guys are like the definition of awesome. Danny Baranowsky is also behind the music for a number of other great indie efforts, including Canabalt... likely the most raw and intense one-button games in existence, in no small part thanks to its inspired music. As I typed this, I just thought of one more of my favorites... and he may be more or less out on the very far edge of indie, but Terry Cavanagh has made a breathless and unadulterated gaming experience that everyone should play called Super Hexagon. It is by and far one of the most pure, simplistic, and addictive interactive joys that a person could possibly engage in in recent memory. It's likely the only video game in recent memory that best fits that description... "video game."
  • Swedish_Chef - March 26, 2013 11:43 p.m.

Agreed with everything on here. Also be sure to check out VVVVVV, by Cavanagh as well, that game is fantastic.
  • alex8833 - March 26, 2013 6:44 p.m.

Paul and Oliver collyer (Collyer brothers), developers of the great series of Football Manager
  • StrayGator - March 26, 2013 5:32 p.m.

John Carmack isn't only "one of the two Johns of id", but also one of the two Carmacks, alongside Adrian Carmack (no relation, surprisingly). I thought Populous was a Bullfrog game (I know the sequels were).
  • dlam - March 26, 2013 4:38 p.m.

"Name drop these facts, sound like a pro" s/pro/nerd >____< - huehueuheu
  • masterjoe123 - March 26, 2013 4:16 p.m.

One of my favorites not on this list is Jeremiah Slaczka, the owner of 5th Cell and creator of Scribblenauts, Hybrid, and Drawn To Life
  • scaler2000 - March 26, 2013 3:35 p.m.

suda51 maybe?
  • agentkuo - March 26, 2013 3:34 p.m.

Greg Goodrich.
  • CharlieAus - March 26, 2013 3:27 p.m.

You're missing Al Lowe!
  • KnightDehumidifier - March 26, 2013 3:25 p.m.

Did you know that video game developer Derek Smart is a douchebag?