• crumbdunky - December 5, 2009 7:05 a.m.

I liked Lair. I liked it BEFORE the normal control patch AND I liked it after. There, I said it. So sue me. Everyone was wrong and I'm still right and nice to see the infighting at F5 continues to this day-it's what those unweildy dragons would have wanted. Flip your sixaxis vaguely forwards to rush-that's how you make a dragon move, ledt you all forgot because you're STILL scared of a game.
  • Romination - December 5, 2009 7:29 a.m.

you also forgot that, you know, GRIN opened about 4 other studios before these games failed to sell, causing a GREATER cash flow problem and helping to bankrupt them since there was really no need for those studious.
  • DaBadGuy - December 5, 2009 1:54 p.m.

Oh man, what a shame, Pandemic, Midway, 3D Realms, Grin, these studios all had huge games and now their gone. Mercenaries, Star Wars Battlefront, GRAW 1 and 2, the Duke Nukem series, all huge games from the respective companies. The biggest lost is Midway, they developed one of my all time favorite arcade games Mortal Kombat, and gave me hours of entertainmet in the arcade with Mortal Kombat and the Cruis'n and San Francisco Rush racing games which I still play in whatever arcades are left, they've also published arcade classics like Pac-Man and Galaga. So many talented people gone because of corporate politics and financial problems, it really is a shame.
  • Rojoco - December 5, 2009 4:54 p.m.

@ Furyspittles I thought the exact same thing, Free Radical's closure has been the only one ever to concern me, what with being a long-term TimeSplitters fan. It probably wasn't included though because they shut down late 2008. They still deserved a mention though :(. A lot of that team were responsible for Rare's Goldeneye remember.
  • xXgodlypunkXx - December 5, 2009 5:46 p.m.

Mythic just closed down too
  • GameManiac - December 6, 2009 5:05 p.m.

The economy can be such a bitch...
  • lovinmyps3 - December 6, 2009 10:01 p.m.

Why the hell would we want another Mercinaries game?! And Medal of Honor is dead, accept it!! Where's Battlefront 3?!?!
  • jackattack222 - December 7, 2009 12:24 a.m.

hahah that part about the handjob was hilarious this sucks pandemic was cool
  • big rudy - December 7, 2009 12:35 a.m.

what? no clover studio?
  • FanofSaiyan - December 7, 2009 3:07 a.m.

God that new Splatterhouse game looks good, I love the regenerating system.
  • rxb - December 7, 2009 1:11 p.m.

Its a shame GRIN are gone the Bionic Commando XBLA was amazing. Also I didnt know they made GRAW that was a decent game.
  • demonDogg88 - December 7, 2009 4:51 p.m.

MIDWAY IS GONE?!?!?! no this bites the big one Mk is going to suffer w/ freakin carrot addicted rabbit and duck w/ a screw loose + a whiny depressed billionaire w/ a night life. why. why. why. EPIC LAME. (and now a moment of silence for the MK series)...............................................
  • The_Tingler - December 7, 2009 5:24 p.m.

Um, yeah, Free Radical? I'd take them over most of these losers any day.
  • Stockholm - December 8, 2009 12:17 a.m.

Hell ya, I'm glad Free Radical is being remembered. You guys aren't alone. News of them going out was heart-breaking to me. Timesplitters is one of my all time favorite series's.
  • FETALJUICE - December 8, 2009 2:14 a.m.

Hell yes! Free Radical's Timesplitters series was and IS still the shit! I really wanted to play the 4th game they were working on before it got canned.
  • MaynardJ - December 8, 2009 3:27 p.m.

I was already sad about Midway and 3D Realms, who enriched my childhood with Mortal Kombat 1-4 and Duke Nukem 3D, but: GRIN and Factor 5 out of business?? I loved BC Rearmed and the Rogue Squadron games! Hope to see a new part of that last franchise one day...
  • DoctorCrazy - December 8, 2009 9:02 p.m.

Know what’s cool about this scenario? He can get a handjob from his wife any time he wants. I love that quote. :D
  • magicwalnuts0 - December 10, 2009 3:47 a.m.

What the crap? No mention of Ensemble, they made the age of empires series for chrissakes. But yeah, Pandemic, that sucks. While Mercenaries was unbelievebly bad. But Battlezone 2, while not nearly as good as the first was still really cool, and the Battlefront series, never as solid as the BF series was still a lot of fun.
  • oryandymackie - December 12, 2009 7:34 p.m.

A NEW Mercs game?! Pandemic, we salute you. Am I the only one who loved Mercs 2?
  • oryandymackie - December 12, 2009 7:40 p.m.

Well folks, we can all look forward to identikit FPS' from EA.....can I get a "yay"?