• Fancy Rat - October 22, 2009 8:13 p.m.

Was the second-to-last sentence a Jon Stewart/TMBG joke? http://blogsarchive.newsobserver.com/beat/index.php?m=20061104
  • Ravenbom - October 22, 2009 6:47 p.m.

No Eternal Darkness on the list? Good list though, glad to see the Metal Storm lovin'.
  • lovinmyps3 - October 22, 2009 6:31 p.m.

Haha!! I saw Okami coming from the very beginning!! XD
  • NorwegianKingOfNames - October 22, 2009 5:32 p.m.

'It was in-game cutscene. If you like it you have to try the game'. In Soviet Russia, Never Hoods YOU!
  • rabidpotatochip - October 22, 2009 5:31 p.m.

Arrrrgh.... I finally broke down and bought Okami thanks to you guys! Now I have to blame a bunch of guys on the Internet when my wife asks wtf I did. lol
  • Xeacons - October 22, 2009 5:12 p.m.

You want to know why Chinatown died? Three words: Dee Ess Eye! Software sales always slump in lew of major hardware release. The DSi killed a lot of great games early this year. And of course, Rockstar saw it coming. "Hey, I know how to shut all those Nintendo fans up: let's release our long-anticipated DS title right before a major system! That way, it'll flop, and we can complain about how awful Nintendo is, and we won't have to develop for them again! I mean, who wants a Nintendo fan for a buyer, anyway?"
  • DrDack - October 22, 2009 5 p.m.

When I opened this article, my only thought was: "Grim Fandango had better be on this list." because for me it absolutely typifies of this theme. I love just about every game on this list, though. Nice job.
  • iluvmyDS - October 22, 2009 4:08 p.m.

Don't even have to read the whole thing to be sad. :[
  • Conman93 - October 22, 2009 3:24 p.m.

Im guessing everyone knew okami would be here.It definetly desrves more popularity than it has. God bless u guys for spreading the gospel of okami I also noticed tim schafer games are here. Hopefully brutal legend wont join them
  • Evernight - October 22, 2009 2:20 p.m.

I played Panzer Dragoon Orta... it sucked... it looked awesome, but it was short, the story was thin and bat-shit insane and the gameplay was repetitive. But, boy did it look pretty.
  • aperson789 - October 22, 2009 1:39 p.m.

I miss oddworld strangers wrath. Stupid Microsoft needs to make it playable on the 360!!!
  • Romination - October 22, 2009 1:21 p.m.

i was hoping Henry Hatsworth would be on here... I think it's slowly becoming one of my favorite games ever. BLOODY brilliant, that one, and the soundtrack causes me to drool all over myself.
  • rxb - October 22, 2009 1:20 p.m.

I think this article could have done with some sales figures really.... I think we need a list of lists that include Okami.
  • deedob - October 22, 2009 12:21 p.m.

A shame about the entire Thief series really. It got it's whole light "stolen" away by the Splinter Cell games. Splinter Cells, i've enjoyed some, but they always "felt" more like linear "puzzle" games to me. It was more a game of "find a way to get through a room without being detected. Retry and repeat until you figure it out." The Thief series was really a "sneaking experience" that hasn't been seen outside that series to my knowledge, outside very specific (and rare) quests in Oblivion, and the "occasional" instance in Deus Ex 1 & 2. It wasn't a "puzzle" game, it was trully about sneaking past guards and to try to be inventive in the way you approached the game. Can't get in a building through the front-door? Get from the rooftop, the basement, the balcony, the window... Usually, the "easier" entry points would mean more rooms to cross toward your objective once you were inside the building. Trully genious design. Here's to hoping that Thief 4 will actually be released. I'll be the first in line.
  • erreip199 - October 22, 2009 12:15 p.m.

bookmarked this, so i remember to get a copy of these games
  • Cyberninja - October 22, 2009 11:09 a.m.

if i would have had a xbox i would have bought jet set future but i had a dreamcast until about 2004 then i got a ps2 and everybody on this site probaly owns a least copy of okami per household
  • Spybreak8 - October 22, 2009 9:52 a.m.

Oh I forgot to say I love Metal Arms and Beyond Good and Evil. Metal Arms was my Rachet & Clank.
  • Spybreak8 - October 22, 2009 9:43 a.m.

lol I knew Okami would be your numero uno. Yea I played half of these games, good games. Hey the good news is they're bringing Oddworld to Steam with Stranger's Wraith the big debut later this year! (joystiq) Good article!
  • Sandman89 - October 22, 2009 9:23 a.m.

You mentioned "point and click" 3 times in reference to grim fandango. Didnt grim fandango use keyboard controls? so how in the blue hell can it be a point n click game? Great game though :)
  • crumbdunky - October 22, 2009 8:53 a.m.

Okami is a truly magical and unique game-and Okamiden will be amaz\ing on DS as the stylus/touchy should suit the gameplay eally well even if I'd have LOVED to see a Wand/Motion plus/Natal powered REAL sequel come out soon! Whay none from this gen though? Valkyria Chronicles would've been a good place to start, imo, or some of the ignored mature Wii games-NMH cicn't get the audience it deserved that's for sure so to only have CTW is a little sad(esp when there are a million good DS games that didn't sell well-Dementium, TWEWY etc, etc). And no Ico? For shame GR for shame! Shoehrned in a few too many original Xbox games too which flopped because Xbox gamers ONY cared about Halo and SC in those days and you damn well know it! Even today 360 games that aren't shooters struggle as well.