• Spybreak8 - May 5, 2011 8:34 p.m.

It's simple, Player's choice is a term used for hardcore or people that play a lot of games gamers while Nintendo Selects is for a casual hmm what should I play now Nintendo market.
  • Robusken - May 5, 2011 2:33 a.m.

Seems....a bit pointless to buy a Wii at this point. If by some unknown chance it drops even more once the successor is out, I will go on a Godzilla like rampage buying the small group of good games the system had.
  • HumorTumor - May 4, 2011 11:38 p.m.

I might finally get a Wii. I already have 2 Resident Evil games for it
  • LordZarlon - May 4, 2011 10:16 p.m.

I'll admit I'm a Nintendo fanboy but I have held out on Wii until now because the really good games, that have been out for years, have continued to be outlandishly priced for their age. This is definatly tempting me to finally take the plunge.
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 4, 2011 9:17 p.m.

Those are classy borders, but... no. If given the choice, I'd rather get the original box art than these...
  • freakyfro99 - May 4, 2011 9:11 p.m.

Hmm... If Smash Bros drops in price too then I'm definitely getting this soonish. There are very few games I actually want for the Wii so this would kinda make it worth me getting the system.
  • Terrorrizor - May 4, 2011 8:54 p.m.

I think the Wii still has a lot of potential, it's just that it seems Nintendo kind of just abandoned the damn console. Lately I've been buying a bunch of Wii games like Mad World and soon Okami because they seem to work with the Wii's capabilities, graphics aren't everything, but I guess they're gonna abandon this console anyway. I welcome the price drops though, but I'm still kinda pissed that Smash Bros Brawl is still like $40, and Super Mario games are around that range too. If only they had made some really good horror games, or at least finished Sadness. They better work with this next console or I'ma abandon Nintendo altogether.
  • shawksta - May 4, 2011 8 p.m.

Games like Mario Galaxy/2,Warioware Smoothmoves,Smash bros,Super paper marioMetroid prime and DKCR, are masterpieces on the wii and are awesome compared togethwr with popular 360 PS3 games, they drserve being $50-$40 bucks. Twlight princess is tecnically a gamecube game,but still a masterpiece
  • Thequestion 121 - May 4, 2011 7:50 p.m.

Sweet.
  • AlpineGuy - May 4, 2011 7:44 p.m.

They expect people to buy Wii Sports as a standalone game? The lulz, they are many. Also, I think they nixed the 'Player's Choice' thing because Twilight Princess is the only thing up there that would even come close to a actual player's choice. Animal Crossing: City Folk? Please. Put Red Steel 2 or RE4 on there or something.
  • GamesRadarChrisAntista - May 4, 2011 7:20 p.m.

Ech... the collector in me really wants to start buying up those original "White Bar" boxes now
  • BaraChat - May 4, 2011 7:09 p.m.

And this had to happen a day after I re-bought Twilight Princess for 25 bucks off ebay because I wanted to play it again (That'll teach me to ever sell Zelda games, I just bought an original gold cartridge for OoT as well... And LttP on SNES. Now the only important one I'm missing is Wind Waker. I have the two NES Zelda on a GCN special edition disk.)
  • metroid2099400 - May 4, 2011 7:06 p.m.

I have most of those already, but that packaging IS pretty snazzy...
  • yasmarc - May 4, 2011 6:52 p.m.

Should have put Smash Bros on there, and Mario Galaxy. Those games are still around $50 retail which is ridiculous.
  • bonerachieved - May 4, 2011 6:02 p.m.

Might Pick up animal crossing at that price, I already have twilight princess on GC. Totally not gettin the wii one. ellll ohhhh ellll
  • 510BrotherPanda - May 4, 2011 6:02 p.m.

Sure, WiiSports is comparatively barebones to Mario Kart, but it's INFINITELY more playable than that piece of Blue Shell-spamming nonsense. The 'Bowling' alone is proof of this. Also, they should have stuck with 'Players Choice'; 'Nintendo Selects' sound like some kind of packaged, processed sandwich meat you'd find at a grocery store, like Safeway or Lucky's...
  • EnragedTortoise1 - May 4, 2011 6:02 p.m.

Am I the only one who's kinda ticked they're selling Wii Sports for 20 bucks?
  • R-ape - May 4, 2011 5:46 p.m.

Cool packaging. But i.m.o., they'd have an easier time aiming this at the casual audience though since N's more dedicated audience most likely already have most of these games.
  • BoltActionRevolver - May 4, 2011 5:43 p.m.

They should of been doing a Player's Choice after the first year
  • HerpMcDerp - May 4, 2011 5:40 p.m.

Sad to see "Players Choice" get replaced.