• dante1924 - August 7, 2009 10:31 p.m.

I never played Halo, but I thought Gravemind looked like a plant! Metal Gear Solid 2 was WEIRD! It's like konami was on drugs for the last part of development! Sega too. My eyes can never wash off the horror of a person kissing sonic.
  • dante1924 - August 7, 2009 10:38 p.m.

Damn it! Sorry for the doublepost everyone! Just that this computer is slow!
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - August 7, 2009 10:40 p.m.

Lara Croft = ummmm Rediculous with boobs and an arse?
  • loonyman978 - August 7, 2009 10:57 p.m.

God, I hate sonic...
  • noobeater - August 7, 2009 11:13 p.m.

not quite the same point but...zelda=sheik cmon u all fought sheik was a guy
  • Csheroe - August 7, 2009 11:28 p.m.

It's true! Gravemind looks like a giant tree! It promises salvation though so, what the hell?
  • TURbo - August 7, 2009 11:41 p.m.

Halo 2's talking plant was really stupid.
  • gmilf71 - August 7, 2009 11:49 p.m.

I'm sorry. I just don't agree with any of these conclusions.
  • Vagrant - August 8, 2009 12:12 a.m.

That MGS2 bit was one of the best bits of the game! I'd say the shark jumped after the combat gauntlet with Snake. Wherein gameplay consisting entirely of two boss fights before the end of the game were surrounded by the craziest of cutscenes. Including not one, but THREE plot twists about what "S3" is. And the Gears of War worm thing was cool and wasn't that crazy, for my liking. I'm pretty sure the dodgy bullpoo cliffhanger ending at the start of the first game was where it jumped the shark. Aaaaand I think it's safe to say that Fahrenheit didn't completely go off the rails until crazy AI monster that was the internet or something appeared.
  • Red - August 8, 2009 12:24 a.m.

I enjoyed reading this one.
  • NanoElite666 - August 8, 2009 12:31 a.m.

I nominate "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time" for this list as well. The big plot twist in the game certainly made me stop and go "Wait... what...?" when I played through it a while ago.
  • sgloomy - August 8, 2009 1:11 a.m.

every time i read something about PoP: warrior Within, it makes me very happy that i didn't play it!
  • Master_Leep - August 8, 2009 2:11 a.m.

I never thought about CJ's humble origins whilst flying around in a jet pack, mowing down rival Ballas. He came along way, baby.
  • phoenix_wings - August 8, 2009 2:27 a.m.

I played San Andreas a little while ago. It finally got to a point in San Andreas where I wanted to say "You've got James Woods" whenever Toreno would show up.
  • oldgrammastinkyfeet - August 8, 2009 2:57 a.m.

Lol... Cavebam. Jack*ss is awesome.
  • jar-head - August 8, 2009 2:43 p.m.

wtf Gr? The Whole Franchise of Halo is that, history repeats, until the MC was like "Oh F*** That!" and Gears of war 2, Jumped the shark when the Imulsion, lava/energy/i0l stuff starts to Infect The Horde! How did you not choose moving liquid over a worm?
  • SuperBadnik - August 8, 2009 8:04 p.m.

Um, the "Evil Lara" is fully explained in Tomb Raider: Underworld...
  • crumbdunky - August 8, 2009 8:34 p.m.

Anyone who's had the very dubious honour of actually finishing one of the Halo "novels" will understand me when I say that the plot of Halo2 is NOTHING to worry about. There's some complete nonsense dressed up as average Sci Fi literature right there! The only reason I finished one is because it was reccommended by a friend and I cannot start a book(or game) without finishing it before moving on to the next!
  • lovinmyps3 - August 8, 2009 11:14 p.m.

I admit to being one of the people who brushed aside Beyond Good & Evil (despite owning it) due to its strange settings and characters. I wish I still had it because I've heard so many good things... other than the dumb ending.
  • Makk_Mizzy - August 9, 2009 8:54 a.m.

OMG! GTA4 SET THE BAR SO HIGH! I LIKE RIDICULOUSLY MURDERED COUNTLESS INNOCENT PPL AND I FELT THIS WEIGHT RELEASE OFF OF MY SHOULDERS AND IT IS AMAZING HOW CREEPY THAT SOUNDS, LOL! IM JUST JOKING!