Topics

bad box art

• awesomesauce - August 21, 2013 9:01 p.m.

I got one: Castlevania: Dawn of sorrow's boxart of a boxart
  • dns - August 21, 2013 5:57 p.m.

Bataman Billboard Edition!
  • agentkuo - August 21, 2013 5:18 p.m.

The Earthbound box art is great. But I understand what you mean about it not letting the consumer know what it's about.
  • electrofreeze - August 21, 2013 5:07 p.m.

Actually some of these I love - particularly the Earthbound, God Hand, and Phantasy Star II covers. Speaking of that Phantasy Star II cover, to be honest, I really wish something like this would make a comeback. I'm tired of the same cutesy anime style art all the time on JRPGs. I love anime style art sometimes, but it would be pretty cool to see a return to classic fantasy art styles now and then, just to keep some variety. (I will also freely admit that my aesthetic sensibilities have been mostly stuck in the late '70s / early '80s my whole life)
  • BladedFalcon - August 21, 2013 4:48 p.m.

Oh Gawd, that baby XD
  • daniel-reyes - August 21, 2013 4:30 p.m.

The Amercian covers of Breath of Fire I and II, amazing games but when I used to see the cartridge I always wondered "who are these guys?".
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - August 21, 2013 3:42 p.m.

I laugh every time I see the mega man box art. So bad.
  • shawksta - August 21, 2013 2:16 p.m.

Meh, some of them are alright I think the headline should be misleading box arts Either way great article. Personally, as neat and simple they are, I'm not fond of how every other region started copying Japans Mario and Luigi RPG's series box art of simple white background with Mario and Luigi looking at you, BiS and DT did this despite Superstar Saga and Partners in Time had some sweet box art