• luis-a-bernal - January 21, 2014 8:26 p.m.

What happened to the Call Of Duty airport massacre? You were forced to murder innocent civilians excited to reunite with family and friends.
  • derpinainreallife - January 21, 2014 11:21 p.m.

Couldn't you choose not to shoot them?
  • macrm32 - February 24, 2014 1:36 a.m.

You'd be made if you did, I remember trying. You could skip the mission, however.
  • micah-twinkletowes-bussard - February 24, 2014 1:42 p.m.

You have a choice with that these are for the ones that don't
  • cJinL - January 21, 2014 11:41 a.m.

The whole "killing the Colossi made me feel guilty" has been said WAY too many times. Like, at least twice a month since the game came out 8 years ago.
  • Mdgeist316 - January 21, 2014 11:19 a.m.

I would have been disappointed if Spec Ops: The Line hadn't been in the lead image for this article. That's the first game I thought of when I read the title.
  • TheMariner - January 21, 2014 10:54 a.m.

I suppose the biggest guilt trip in a game for me (even if only because it was the first) was in Golden Sun when you realize that, for the entirety of the first game, your party chases, defeats, and ultimately kills the people who are actually trying to save the world. Simply by going along with what the game tells you, you become the antagonist of Golden Sun.
  • sayego - January 21, 2014 9:49 a.m.

killing bill wiliamson and dutch van der linde in red dead redemption... I know they were jerks but, at first, I thought it would be cool to capture them just like I did with javier escuella... then, I felt guilty of being ross's puppet doing his dirty laundry. so I felt kind of sorry for the two bastards; but you can't progress through the game without killing them both (you can't even capture them!) edgar ross is another story... I even came back to empty the clip on his head and I'm still no sorry :D
  • Sjoeki - January 21, 2014 8:20 a.m.

I never finished Mass Effect with a renegade Shep, I've started a couple of times but I don't want to make the bad decisions, and I just don't want to offer up team members if I know they can be saved, it just feels wrong. In the Darkness you didn't have a choice, but I felt really guilty for the death of Jenny, there was nothing you could do about it, but I felt guilty, one of the first times a game had such an impact on me. The build up to that moment was also amazing, they made me care, and the ripped her away, leaving me feeling guilty, guilty and out for revenge!
  • Clovin64 - January 21, 2014 3:15 a.m.

Maiden Astrea from Demon's Souls and the Great Wolf Sif from Dark Souls really bring on the guilt for me. Sif in particular is pretty heartbreaking if you fight her after playing through the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. That limping animation when she's on low health? Haunting!
  • Felxon - January 21, 2014 1:50 a.m.

Wow wow wow wow...wow...wow. Did Ashley just open an article by mentioning Bible Black? Bible Black? Bible fucking Black?
  • RebornKusabi - January 21, 2014 4:11 a.m.

Lemme further add to your shock- many women out there have played it. I've personally known two, in my life, at different points in it, who've played the games or watched the adaptations of it.
  • anthony-schaff - January 21, 2014 12:48 a.m.

I do NOT feel guilty for the Last of Us' ending. It's exactly what I would have done if it was my daughter in that situation.
  • RebornKusabi - January 21, 2014 4:13 a.m.

I feel the same and I would also add that there are hints in the game that what Joel did was for the better anyways. Hint- look for some of the collectibles in the final level.
  • martin-pospisil - January 21, 2014 12:27 a.m.

I would add these two 1) Killing Maiden Astraea in Demon's SOuls 2) Slaughtering BigFoots in Red Dead Redemption
  • michelkeepertje - January 21, 2014 2:04 p.m.

i felt really bad for the bigfoot in the end, so i wanted to put him out of his misery like he asked. I forgot i was holding a torch so i set him on fire :'(. Worst i have ever felt playing a game.
  • gaspar-gutierrez - January 20, 2014 11:35 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater? No? I felt like shit when i killed The Boss. Many of the enemies you kill along the series make you feel a bit of an asshole. No matter if they are the B n B corps in MGS4 or Sniper Wolf in MGS1. But the one the i regret is when i pulled the triger on the patriot gun to kill the boss.
  • RayPaw - January 22, 2014 1:57 p.m.

The part where you're walking down the river and the mangled bodies of everyone you (personally, as the player) killed come lumbering toward you ... first time I started to question what I was doing.