Topics

E3 Nintendo

We Recommend

• BladedFalcon - June 14, 2012 4:08 p.m.

I have to commend Henry for scrapping the bottom of the barrel hard enough to get whopping 11 reasons to justify Nintendo's disastrous press conference. Sadly, they are all rubbish, and easily rebbutable, allow me to demonstrate: -Nintendo Land isn't as bad as it seems Perhaps not, but it is definitely not as good or as revolutionary as Nintendo wanted to make you think it was. Showing the game for more time than any other thing in the conference, treating it better than a AAA property when it's far from being one. I don't doubt it could end up being a pretty fun distraction, and a strong hook for casuals. But it's still a pretty fucking terrible card to play as your big reveal for the show, no matter how you slice it. -Wii U is likely launching with a Mario game Yes, a console Mario game that ALREADY looks lesser and more dumbed down than it's PORTABLE counterpart for the 3DS. And this is a probable fact by just reading the previews of this site for both games. Hoo-fucking-rray. -The Wii U has some great features Nintendo didn’t talk about. Er... This only further highlights how terrible their conference was, all of them. And yes, those a nifty features, specially the backwards compatibility one. But you're also trying to put in there things that aren't really confirmed yet, like the some kind of achievement system. But most importantly, none of these features really help sell the idea that the Wii U is truly unique and a must own console. -The Wii U has more third-party support than what was at the press conference. Um... As much more as it can have that they didn't announce. You what's more noticeable? the third party games that are coming within the next year that are NOT coming to the Wii U anytime soon: Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite, Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance, Lords of Shadows 2, Spliter cell: Blacklist, Hitman: Absolution, Resident Evil 6, dmc. Do I need to go on? Granted, not all of these are confirmed to NOT appear with the Wii U, and they still might. But as of now, potential Wii U owners can't count on any of those titles at all. And this IS a pretty bad thing, since so far, the Wii U has shown itself to be mostly comparable to the current consoles, but what good is that if it doesn't even have most of the catalog the other two consoles easily have? And I am not even counting on all the games that have already been released that are still not coming out for the Wii U. -Platinum Games is developing a Wii U game. That is undoubtedly cool, and easily one of the biggest missed announcements of the Nintendo E3 conference. But you know what's cooler? Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. And that's one Platinum title that so far isn't coming for the Wii U. Want another one? Anarchy Reigns. That's two platinum games that- AREN'T being developed for the Wii U. -ZombiU isn't Red Steel. By comparing it to Red Steel, you're only reminding people why this COULD be another Red Steel. And need I remind you that back before Red Steel actually came out, everyone was slack jawed and astounded by it? and how everyone swore it was more than solid and was going to be a killer app? Yeah... You still have no way of proving this won't be the case for ZombiU. Hopefully it will not, but you have no real proof to dictate otherwise. -Pikmin 3 is exactly what Pikmin fans want. Yes it is, and it also presents no reason whatsoever for anyone that is NOT a Pikmin fan to care in the slightest. Oh, and need I remind you that while good, Pikmin is nowhere near being a AAA franchise, or one of Nintendo's most beloved? -Despite how little they showed it, 3DS is looking great Yes, but E3 didn't really show any new games for 3DS at all. Every single title you listed are games we already knew about before the conference. So the E3 didn't do the 3DS any favors. -There are already promising downloadable titles planned See my response regarding third party support, only translated to downloadable titles. It's the exact same deal. -Four Mario games in six months somehow isn't overkill. Again, thank you for bringing attention to this. By mentioning, you only confirm it's an overkill, because those games do not make up for the lack of any of the other first party franchises people love. Having an extra Mario game doesn't really console anyone that wanted to see a Zelda or Metroid or Star Fox game. -Big things are planned for 2013 My God Hank, seriously??? This in no way justify how horrible this E3 was, and it only shows to point out how bare and stupid it was. Also, saying that it's because Nintendo has big things planned ahead is the exact same excuse everyone used to justify why Nintendo had such a muddled, incomplete and confusing E3 2011. Everyone, including this site, was certain that Nintendo had some really big things planned for this E3 due to the absolute silence centered around it's console... Well, look at how THAT turned out... *rolls eyes* Hats off for ending with the saddest excuse of them all...
  • zombi3grim - June 14, 2012 6:32 p.m.

My god, someone get this guy a fucking hankee...heaven forbid someone try to ENJOY video games. I would HATE to be with this motherfucker in a room trying to play a game. "You see that! Such poor game design! The quasi circular laser rotation engine should use COLOR instead of solid black lines!" I mean, FUCK dude....why dont you go into the game business since you know so much about how it works and how to make it so much better. Last time I checked, Nintendo was a fucking multimillion dollar corporation and your some shmuck crying on the internet...
  • BladedFalcon - June 14, 2012 6:49 p.m.

Oh hey, it's the dude that bitches about the dude bitching about something in the Internet! Totally not contradictory at all! Yeah, I love to complain and criticize something when I consider it to be wrong. At least I use arguments about it, and not just bitch and talk like a little 5 year old that only cries and talk shit but can never back it up. Glad you pay so much attention to me though! replying to my comments only serves to feed my oh so starved ego and need for attention! And i care so much about what you say too! totally!
  • zombi3grim - June 14, 2012 9:10 p.m.

You going to write me a book too, ladyboy? Dont bother. Wipe your tears and go cry about shit you "consider wrong." You have so many facts in the novel up there you wrote I forgot to check my sources. How can you NOT pay attention to that shit you posted, it covered the damn page, I had to scroll down three fucking times to get past it. Ridiculous, who has that much crying to do about fucking NINTENDO! Come on, man! I've seen you around here, you like to pass yourself off as some sort of intellectual. Why ruin that by doing stupid shit like this? Think about it this way, at least you know someone on here took the time to at least SKIM that autobiography you wrote up there. Because I can promise you this, everyone else saw that and collectivly thought "what...the...fuck..." So I was like, "damn, I need to at least see what this guy is crying about." I'll tell you, when I realized you went through EVERY fucking slide, I quit. I dont have time for that shit. Are you kidding me? REALLY? Come on, man!
  • zombi3grim - June 14, 2012 9:14 p.m.

"that only cries and talk shit but can never back it up." Lol, I love this line. Back WHAT up, exactly? How the fuck do you "back something up" on the goddamn internet? What do you think this is, a fucking contest? No one cares if you "back shit up" about your hatred for Nintendo. You thought there conferrence sucked. It could do with a "I think your article is wrong, their conferrence sucked." No, you gotta "back it up" with your silly reasons, like your scared someone is going to come along and tell you your wrong, just so you can get into some huge ass intellectual debate and stretch your mind or some shit. I dont know what it is about you, but you have ALOT to prove. Maybe you lack confidence in yourself? Low self-esteem? No friends? I dont know man, but you need to loosen the fuck up. Seriously...
  • BladedFalcon - June 14, 2012 9:21 p.m.

"You going to write me a book too, ladyboy? " Not really. But maybe I could help you with yours. Since you certainly took quite a bit to reply to my inane comment. Which wasn't 11 slides long, yet it took you 2 posts to comment back on 3 small paragraphs! Again, not contradicting yourself at all, good job mate! :D And wow, I like to explain myself so that must mean I lack confidence! Such a brilliant, masterful deduction! and you have totally uncovered me! Whatever am I gonna do now??? Maybe go cry to my not friends! or maybe my not girlfriend! because I've been exposed so bad! *tear tear!* Bravo mate, you've been the most amusing thing to happen to me today, keep up the good work in entertaining me (:
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 5:10 a.m.

What the fuck is with this "mate" shit. Are you british? If you are, that would explain alot...
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 5:18 a.m.

BTW, you go ahead and keep up the strawman attacks instead actually, you know, bringing anything relevant into this. For someone who prides himself on "explaining" shit, your really bad at it. All your reply to me consisted of was taking what I already said to you and trying to vainly turn my words around. "Such a brilliant, masterful deduction! and you have totally uncovered me! Whatever am I gonna do now??? Maybe go cry to my not friends! or maybe my not girlfriend! because I've been exposed so bad! *tear tear!*" See, lines like that just prove you really have nothing. You dont HAVE anything to say to me regarding my post except that you think me responding back to you with two small posts is equivilant to your fucking book you posted and Im contradicting. So not only do you have a problem actually explaining yourself, you cant tell the difference in length of posts. That is your sole excuse for posting that river of crybaby tears up there. You like explaining things. The rest of your post is just reverse psychology strawman bullshit. I dont need you to post what I said. I KNOW what I said. I dont give a fuck who you cry to, because you already cried to everyone HERE. So stop trying to prove like what I said didnt bother you, and just listen to Paragon and shut the fuck up for once...take what somebody said to you and just fucking take it. Move on. You want to prove what I say doesnt matter? DONT RESPOND to it then! Its that simple! Ahh, who am I kidding. You'll respond with more strawman attacks and no reasoning and more insults to me. Because what I say to you matters. It hits home to you. Otherwise, why bother replying to me?
  • LordEvan88 - June 15, 2012 7:46 p.m.

You sir, are easily the most entertaining part of this comment string. But kind of in the dancing fool way rather than the thrilling orator way. The guy made a rebuttal and then you spend two pages trying to tear him and others down about it. It just makes you look childish, which makes your points difficult for anyone to take seriously, regardless of what they are. Also, its probably not that great to go ad homeniem right out the starting gate. On the subject of the article. Its seriously optimistic, and reaching more for 'They might have had these things at E3' rather than 'They had these things at E3'
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 9:19 p.m.

Im supposed to take what some guy who cant even be bothered to post a pic on his profile and who calls himself "lordevan" seriously? I mean...rebuttal? You think THAT was a rebuttal? That goddamn book report? I wasnt "tearing others" down. That Paragon loser had a debate with me in another thread about the WiiU. Very engaging. He quit towards the end though. So he saw me again in this article with another person and like a starving hound saw his chance to try and take a quick stab. Juuuust to let me know he still cares. Also, he has me confused with some guy named grim08...or does he? Hmmmm... Anyways, its the internet. Anytime ANYONE argues, it looks fucking childish. Including you. We ALL look childish. There is no way to even factually debate across the internet WITHOUT looking childish. Think otherwise and your just lying to yourself. My one and ONLY point was the fact that he basically wrote a book crying about Nintendo and I thought it was pathetic. But see, I know him. I KNOW he cant resist replying to someone. Its EVERYWHERE on this site. I dont know if you noticed, but you cant say two words to the guy without him getting his panties in a bunch. So did I rile him up on purpose? Just to be an ass? Mmmm...possibly. But still, that shit he wrote was BEYOND pathetic. Into "My mommy never loved me, I need some validation in my life" territory. Ad homeniem? That was my point, he was acting like a fucking crybaby. So I insulted him, waah. Let him cry some more, like a bitch, who cares. You know, I wouldnt have even said shit to him, I usually ignore the little twat because everything he posts is a fuckin "look at me, look at me! try to disagree with me, I dare you!" pissing contest. I wanted to ruffle his feathers so to speak. And it worked. It worked so hard he even came up with some lame ass "I do it for amusment" excuse. You know who says that shit? The same people who go to a bar and say they drink to relax. When everyone else sees them sitting alone sobbing on the fuckin counter. They drink because their depressed. BladedFalcon constantly bitches and argues with people because he has something to prove to strangers because hes a failure in his actual life. Its written on everything he posts. So there, Mr. No name guy who felt the urge to respond to me. I hope your satisfied with MY book report. Now take a hike, dick, your makin me look bad....
  • BladedFalcon - June 15, 2012 5:23 a.m.

I'm a Mexican, actually. But thanks for making yet another stupid assumption about me ^^ And come on! Is all that you have to try and make me feel bad? Are you done? come on! surely you can do better than that! Go on! entertain me!
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 11:51 a.m.

Mexican? That explains it. What kind of Mexican walks around calls people "mate." Do you actually talk like that? Im always happy to entertain. XD
  • BladedFalcon - June 15, 2012 12:08 p.m.

Nice to know! and seeing how much you like it, perhaps would you like to become my jester? :3 Also, I happen to talk however I feel like, feel free to have a problem with that as well ^^
  • Tjwoods18 - June 14, 2012 3:41 p.m.

Why characterize a Luigi game by stating that it is a mario game? Give Luigi the respect he deserves atleast.
  • talleyXIV - June 14, 2012 3:41 p.m.

Pikmin 3 looks fantastic. I wasn't disappointed with the conference simply because of that. It looks like a game worth buying a console for, in my opinion. Maybe it is because I love the series so much.
  • garnsr - June 14, 2012 3:20 p.m.

I haven't cared much about Nintendo consoles since the Super Nintendo, and it always baffles me how much praise they get every year at E3, when they never seem to be that impressive to me. This is the first year that people seem to be saying that maybe Nintendo isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think they'd be better off sticking to handhelds, they seem to fit Nintendo's style best, but with the market for mobile, full-fledged games falling apart Nintendo can't really just stick there.
  • Cyberninja - June 14, 2012 3:18 p.m.

Well the Wiiu might replace my ps3 as my main gaming device if done well enough since I don't really care for some of the exclusives like GoW,Resistance, and Killzone, so if they have good third party support then It will be golden especially because I have a bunch of unplayed wii games. also in the case of Mario games I would say that the 4 are fine since they are different enough from each other to be enjoyable on there own merits, like for me luigi's mansion is one of the only GC games I own so I am really hyped for it.