Topics

E3 Nintendo

• BladedFalcon - June 14, 2012 4:08 p.m.

I have to commend Henry for scrapping the bottom of the barrel hard enough to get whopping 11 reasons to justify Nintendo's disastrous press conference. Sadly, they are all rubbish, and easily rebbutable, allow me to demonstrate: -Nintendo Land isn't as bad as it seems Perhaps not, but it is definitely not as good or as revolutionary as Nintendo wanted to make you think it was. Showing the game for more time than any other thing in the conference, treating it better than a AAA property when it's far from being one. I don't doubt it could end up being a pretty fun distraction, and a strong hook for casuals. But it's still a pretty fucking terrible card to play as your big reveal for the show, no matter how you slice it. -Wii U is likely launching with a Mario game Yes, a console Mario game that ALREADY looks lesser and more dumbed down than it's PORTABLE counterpart for the 3DS. And this is a probable fact by just reading the previews of this site for both games. Hoo-fucking-rray. -The Wii U has some great features Nintendo didn’t talk about. Er... This only further highlights how terrible their conference was, all of them. And yes, those a nifty features, specially the backwards compatibility one. But you're also trying to put in there things that aren't really confirmed yet, like the some kind of achievement system. But most importantly, none of these features really help sell the idea that the Wii U is truly unique and a must own console. -The Wii U has more third-party support than what was at the press conference. Um... As much more as it can have that they didn't announce. You what's more noticeable? the third party games that are coming within the next year that are NOT coming to the Wii U anytime soon: Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite, Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance, Lords of Shadows 2, Spliter cell: Blacklist, Hitman: Absolution, Resident Evil 6, dmc. Do I need to go on? Granted, not all of these are confirmed to NOT appear with the Wii U, and they still might. But as of now, potential Wii U owners can't count on any of those titles at all. And this IS a pretty bad thing, since so far, the Wii U has shown itself to be mostly comparable to the current consoles, but what good is that if it doesn't even have most of the catalog the other two consoles easily have? And I am not even counting on all the games that have already been released that are still not coming out for the Wii U. -Platinum Games is developing a Wii U game. That is undoubtedly cool, and easily one of the biggest missed announcements of the Nintendo E3 conference. But you know what's cooler? Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. And that's one Platinum title that so far isn't coming for the Wii U. Want another one? Anarchy Reigns. That's two platinum games that- AREN'T being developed for the Wii U. -ZombiU isn't Red Steel. By comparing it to Red Steel, you're only reminding people why this COULD be another Red Steel. And need I remind you that back before Red Steel actually came out, everyone was slack jawed and astounded by it? and how everyone swore it was more than solid and was going to be a killer app? Yeah... You still have no way of proving this won't be the case for ZombiU. Hopefully it will not, but you have no real proof to dictate otherwise. -Pikmin 3 is exactly what Pikmin fans want. Yes it is, and it also presents no reason whatsoever for anyone that is NOT a Pikmin fan to care in the slightest. Oh, and need I remind you that while good, Pikmin is nowhere near being a AAA franchise, or one of Nintendo's most beloved? -Despite how little they showed it, 3DS is looking great Yes, but E3 didn't really show any new games for 3DS at all. Every single title you listed are games we already knew about before the conference. So the E3 didn't do the 3DS any favors. -There are already promising downloadable titles planned See my response regarding third party support, only translated to downloadable titles. It's the exact same deal. -Four Mario games in six months somehow isn't overkill. Again, thank you for bringing attention to this. By mentioning, you only confirm it's an overkill, because those games do not make up for the lack of any of the other first party franchises people love. Having an extra Mario game doesn't really console anyone that wanted to see a Zelda or Metroid or Star Fox game. -Big things are planned for 2013 My God Hank, seriously??? This in no way justify how horrible this E3 was, and it only shows to point out how bare and stupid it was. Also, saying that it's because Nintendo has big things planned ahead is the exact same excuse everyone used to justify why Nintendo had such a muddled, incomplete and confusing E3 2011. Everyone, including this site, was certain that Nintendo had some really big things planned for this E3 due to the absolute silence centered around it's console... Well, look at how THAT turned out... *rolls eyes* Hats off for ending with the saddest excuse of them all...
  • zombi3grim - June 14, 2012 6:32 p.m.

My god, someone get this guy a fucking hankee...heaven forbid someone try to ENJOY video games. I would HATE to be with this motherfucker in a room trying to play a game. "You see that! Such poor game design! The quasi circular laser rotation engine should use COLOR instead of solid black lines!" I mean, FUCK dude....why dont you go into the game business since you know so much about how it works and how to make it so much better. Last time I checked, Nintendo was a fucking multimillion dollar corporation and your some shmuck crying on the internet...
  • BladedFalcon - June 14, 2012 6:49 p.m.

Oh hey, it's the dude that bitches about the dude bitching about something in the Internet! Totally not contradictory at all! Yeah, I love to complain and criticize something when I consider it to be wrong. At least I use arguments about it, and not just bitch and talk like a little 5 year old that only cries and talk shit but can never back it up. Glad you pay so much attention to me though! replying to my comments only serves to feed my oh so starved ego and need for attention! And i care so much about what you say too! totally!
  • zombi3grim - June 14, 2012 9:10 p.m.

You going to write me a book too, ladyboy? Dont bother. Wipe your tears and go cry about shit you "consider wrong." You have so many facts in the novel up there you wrote I forgot to check my sources. How can you NOT pay attention to that shit you posted, it covered the damn page, I had to scroll down three fucking times to get past it. Ridiculous, who has that much crying to do about fucking NINTENDO! Come on, man! I've seen you around here, you like to pass yourself off as some sort of intellectual. Why ruin that by doing stupid shit like this? Think about it this way, at least you know someone on here took the time to at least SKIM that autobiography you wrote up there. Because I can promise you this, everyone else saw that and collectivly thought "what...the...fuck..." So I was like, "damn, I need to at least see what this guy is crying about." I'll tell you, when I realized you went through EVERY fucking slide, I quit. I dont have time for that shit. Are you kidding me? REALLY? Come on, man!
  • zombi3grim - June 14, 2012 9:14 p.m.

"that only cries and talk shit but can never back it up." Lol, I love this line. Back WHAT up, exactly? How the fuck do you "back something up" on the goddamn internet? What do you think this is, a fucking contest? No one cares if you "back shit up" about your hatred for Nintendo. You thought there conferrence sucked. It could do with a "I think your article is wrong, their conferrence sucked." No, you gotta "back it up" with your silly reasons, like your scared someone is going to come along and tell you your wrong, just so you can get into some huge ass intellectual debate and stretch your mind or some shit. I dont know what it is about you, but you have ALOT to prove. Maybe you lack confidence in yourself? Low self-esteem? No friends? I dont know man, but you need to loosen the fuck up. Seriously...
  • BladedFalcon - June 14, 2012 9:21 p.m.

"You going to write me a book too, ladyboy? " Not really. But maybe I could help you with yours. Since you certainly took quite a bit to reply to my inane comment. Which wasn't 11 slides long, yet it took you 2 posts to comment back on 3 small paragraphs! Again, not contradicting yourself at all, good job mate! :D And wow, I like to explain myself so that must mean I lack confidence! Such a brilliant, masterful deduction! and you have totally uncovered me! Whatever am I gonna do now??? Maybe go cry to my not friends! or maybe my not girlfriend! because I've been exposed so bad! *tear tear!* Bravo mate, you've been the most amusing thing to happen to me today, keep up the good work in entertaining me (:
  • ParagonT - June 14, 2012 9:47 p.m.

There's no point Falcon, might as well ignore him, I surely did, still haven't read his last two comments on a previous article. Even though I told him I wouldn't read it, he still took the time to reply knowing that no one is going to read 8 pages into an old article. He just wants your approval. He is amusing although, Trolls make the best clowns.
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 5:08 a.m.

You know you read it. You having to validate that you didnt like some 3rd grader saying he isnt going to let the big bullys words hurt his feelings only proves it.
  • BladedFalcon - June 15, 2012 5:21 a.m.

"Lol, I love this line. Back WHAT up, exactly? How the fuck do you "back something up" on the goddamn internet? What do you think this is, a fucking contest?" Speaking about trying to abck shit up in the internet... "You having to validate that you didnt like some 3rd grader saying he isnt going to let the big bullys words hurt his feelings only proves it. " Amusing, hearing you talk about proof when just a while ago you claimed backing up shit and giving proof in the Internet was pointless. Never stop contradicting yourself man! It's just too funny to see you fail so hard XD
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 11:38 a.m.

What...what the hell are you talking about? What is this shit? Im speaking hypothetically...you think I ACTUALLY want him to try to prove to me that he DIDNT read my post? Really? When thats fucking impossible? So you take something I say offhandedly, because I used the word "prove" and you jump on it like your trying to find something Im contradicting myself with? You talk about failing? My god, dude, come ON! Stop trying! Lol, this is a REAL fucking stretch, even for you. Your grasping, flailing, desperate to find anything in my posts to attack me with. Come on, guy, try harder.
  • alexgm711 - June 16, 2012 8:40 p.m.

Falcon, man, calm down. I mean... some of your arguments are completely filled by your opinion, instead of something objective. You don´t like Nintendo? Ok, not everyone likes them, but it sure feels as if you are angry with them.
  • BladedFalcon - June 16, 2012 10:11 p.m.

Frustrated is a better term, but yeah, i won't deny I'm kinda pissed at them. Mainly because I honestly expected them to wipe the floor in this E3, and hell, even give me a reason to want a Wii U, and in my eyes, they failed to deliver in almost every sense. And yeah, i suppose that as much as I try to be fair, some things can't be helped to be subjective and colored by opinion. Anyway, I'd just like to clarify that I don't entirely dislike everything Nintendo does. I love most of their games and franchises, but their choices as first party console makers and handlers often annoy me.
  • zombi3grim - June 17, 2012 10:19 a.m.

Telling him to calm down is like trying to take food from a starving animal. Their just going to growl, froth at the mouth and lunge for your throat.
  • ParagonT - June 15, 2012 7:02 a.m.

Never read it, but it's fine if you tell yourself that at night. Obviously Falcon knows that your a joke, and it's pretty amusing for everyone to treat you like one. Don't let me ruin the fun, keep up the good work! Trolls make the best clowns.
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 11:53 a.m.

If calling me a troll helps you sleep at night, by all means. What do you call someone who doesnt know fuck shit about the Wii and still drags his heels in defiance?
  • ParagonT - June 15, 2012 2:27 p.m.

Someone your willing to spend your time replying to. I'm your leader, and your my follower, so please know your place. Followers opinions doesn't matter, so please stop wasting the time of your leader.
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 2:53 p.m.

Lmao, why does this sound familiar? Are you taking others insults now?
  • ParagonT - June 15, 2012 4:12 p.m.

I took it from someone way before you even joined, he'll know. But it's not an insult if its true now is it? You have to step it up follower, then you might get to be my favorite.
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 4:27 p.m.

Lmao, your slower then you look...
  • ParagonT - June 15, 2012 4:46 p.m.

Than I look? Your not making it easier for yourself follower, but that's okay, I forgive your incompetence.
  • BladedFalcon - June 15, 2012 5:18 a.m.

Well, if you notice, I'm replying to him mainly because I'm amused. And because he never fails to come back with another amusingly stupid reply. never since grim08 had I encounter another conceited, stupid fanboy who doesn't know when to quit, even when I'm clearly just making fun of them, they just come back and take it like a champ! :D And i dunno if you noticed, but whenever I get legitimately bored of a conversation, I just stop replying. Int his case, I just love seeing him desperately trying to prove himself right or find anything to make me feel "bad". XD
  • zombi3grim - June 15, 2012 11:42 a.m.

Lol, yeah because your "amused". You even post your little XD as if desperatly trying to show people "See, guys! See! What he says doesnt bother me! Im only here for the luls! See! Right? Guys? Right? See me making fun him! See how I keep responding because its so funny to me, guys?" Look, I even post little emotes!" All the while sweating and nervously looking back and forth, trying to find some validation of why you keep responding other then the fact that you love attention. I never said I wanted to prove myself right or make you feel bad. The fuck am I right about? That you wrote a huge ass book and your crying all over the internet about fucking Nintendo? I dont need to "prove" anything with that, its right there in black and white. No one notices when you dont reply. Because no one gives a shit if some random kid on the internet gets "bored." So, go ahead and try to justify to yourself that your only doing this to "amuse" yourself. If you tell yourself that enough, you might start to believe it.