• dante1924 - August 5, 2009 1:38 p.m.

I personally would pose for the aliens. Unless it's that particular one. The bullet one ALWAYS happens to me online for the conduit. I empty out all of my grenades on him and hit 'em with the rocket launcher, and then they shoot me with a single machine gun bullet. I HATE THAT!!!!!
  • ByahCubaGuy - August 5, 2009 12:26 p.m.

nice
  • theschwartzb - August 5, 2009 7:25 a.m.

Definitely the worst for me is #4, mainly in Gears 2. For example, I will throw a smoke grenade to stun the guy. Then run up to 2 feet away, aim squarely at the guy's body, and pull the trigger... nothing. Then he will one shot me with his shotgun after I have already moved 20 feet away.
  • sofaku - August 5, 2009 6:38 a.m.

thats the first time I've seen bullet casings come out of a plasma pistol.
  • mattdark - August 5, 2009 6:21 a.m.

No 4 I know oh so well. Especially in Halo. The amount of times Ive loaded a clip into somebody (Especially with the rifle) then they would just turn around and fire a single pistol round and kill me... Damn random damage mechanics...
  • phoenix_wings - August 5, 2009 5:57 a.m.

It's not so much other people who make online play so bad...it's douches. Douches ruin EVERYTHING! They breathe too heavily into their mic, or shove their face hole with chips, have a perpetually runny nose AND speak in a foreign language or are just...just inaudible, grief you when you're winning, bitch at you if you do something they think is wrong, sing on the mic, end the match abruptly because they're losing, send you their post-match brag or rag... Oh...Jill, I see--I shoot you ONCE with a magnum in offline play and you die, but I shoot you six freaking times in Versus mode on RE5 and somehow you're still alive...knifing me to death.
  • Defguru7777 - August 5, 2009 3:24 a.m.

The only one on this list I never had problems with was the updates one. And I'm kind of guilty of having a bad connection (not by choice!). But I'm stuck here (with this connection) for at least another year!!!
  • Ninja-KiLLR - August 5, 2009 12:10 a.m.

the one with out mics when playing socom gets me. a match is down to me and a teammate vs one enemy with a famas which owns im trying to talk to my team mate...nothing=frustrating. but overall number 6 has to be the most annoying to me. ive quiete matchs cuz there were so many forgien people not stoping talking
  • RandomIdoit - August 4, 2009 11:05 p.m.

WOW, this is a coincidence, I actually commented on how annoying the internet can be 1 DAY AGO! How weird is this?
  • Yeager1122 - August 4, 2009 10:33 p.m.

All these have happend to me.
  • DontEatRawHagis - August 4, 2009 10:13 p.m.

my friends will no longer play against me even in LAN because their bullets have no effect on me. I have survived two direct hits with a rocket launcher and splatters with Ghosts, in Halo. Instead of being splattered I am harmlessly thrown in the air where I land on top of them and hijack their ride.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - August 4, 2009 10:03 p.m.

I can see which it was on number 1... You took the photo. Then got headshotted.
  • Architek9 - August 4, 2009 9:42 p.m.

Finally someone addresses the problems facing our generation
  • jar-head - August 4, 2009 8:58 p.m.

Kids playing Gears of war2 on horde, and who DO NOT KNOW HOW TO Shoot/revive/run/steal All the ammo/ and Beg forgiveness when they are down...hell, Halo3 online is Straight up, you dont Require team work, usually...just people to soak up more bullets lol
  • Jordo141 - August 4, 2009 8:47 p.m.

I HATE online!
  • CombatCat120 - August 4, 2009 8:42 p.m.

Metal Gear Online is guilty of #7. I had to wait a WHOLE DAY to play the game because of that damn update. I also can't even play for 15 minutes without getting disconnected from PSN. As for #4, I dont know why that keeps happening to me in Counter-Strike.
  • CountFenring - August 4, 2009 8:02 p.m.

PunkBuster, eh? Have you guys been talking to Tyler Barber?
  • sklorbit - August 4, 2009 7:38 p.m.

little kids that play l4d and run off on their own then cry wen they want to be saved ruined the game 4 me. or idiots that kill themselves so they can be undead
  • Samael - August 4, 2009 7:31 p.m.

"Works fine for me." Of course it does you son of a bitch, it always does....
  • civver - August 4, 2009 7:20 p.m.

Entertaining and interesting article, with most of the points valid concerns. But for #1...really? You suck at life if you can't even put down your controller for real life stuff.