• dannymc18 - June 7, 2010 11:15 a.m.

Also, Bill Elm and Woody Jackson now just win. Period.
  • nighthawk205 - June 7, 2010 11:13 a.m.

It's a good list but there are a few big names missing. I agree with postinsanity big time though. Nobuo Uematsu not only composed the music for the Final Fantasy games (and some others), but he's also one of the big reasons there are video game concerts all over the place. People snatch up tickets right when they go on sale just to hear One Winged Angel live.
  • dannymc18 - June 7, 2010 11:11 a.m.

Haven't heard of some of those games, let alone their composers. Where's Frank "Dune, C&C, Empire At War" Klepacki and Jeremy "Guild Wars, Elder Scrolls, KOTOR" Soule? Really disappointing list. I'm not angry, guys.. just.. disappointed...
  • SausageLozenge - June 7, 2010 11:07 a.m.

I would have liked to have seen Marty O'Donnell's name on that list. The halo theme is one of the most recognizable scores, and his work in ODST was amazing. Also lets not forget the Flintsone vitamin jingle that he wrote. A MILLION STRONG... and growing!
  • JosefMotley - June 7, 2010 11:05 a.m.

david wise deserves a mention, i figured you guys wouldn't mention nobuo uematsu cause he's so well known... until i got to koji kondo. and yoko shiomura's street fighter 2 stuff was great too
  • WrathLord03 - June 7, 2010 10:57 a.m.

I loved Freedom Fighters, it's what really got me into the third-person shooter genre. That game was great, although I think I was the only one who borrowed it from my local rental store. ReCAPTCHA: '40 reunions'. If these guys had 40 reuinions, the world would implode with their musical brilliance.
  • Ahrod - June 7, 2010 10:52 a.m.

Where's Martin O'Donnell? :{
  • Conman93 - June 7, 2010 10:46 a.m.

No Yoko Shiomura??? Her work in Kingdom Hearts was fantastic. And who could forget bowsers inside story, with the best final boss theme ever!! Koji Kondo is a genius! Also love the SOTC soundtrack too!
  • Lolspamm0r - June 7, 2010 10:45 a.m.

How did you miss Akira Yamaoka???
  • postinsanity206 - June 7, 2010 10:40 a.m.

wheres Nobuo Uematsu? his music pretty much defined Final Fantasy!
  • azzam - June 7, 2010 10:37 a.m.

dude where's hans zimmer? his work in modern warfare 2 was awesome!!!!