We Recommend

• sleepy92ismypsn - March 15, 2010 9:16 p.m.

Rock Band Yay The Beatles Yay, green day ehhh... its worth a week of my time but not worth $60 so ill rent it. but I will buy Rock Band 3
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - March 15, 2010 8:49 p.m.

@zigs I'm no drummer, so I can't speak on that level, but as someone who's played a crapton of RB drums I feel it'll be a total blast to play. Brain Stew is one of their slower songs so it's definitely not indicative of a typical track. I agree there's a lot of overlap when it comes to GD's drums, but it'll still be a challenge to get through on harder settings. I mainly wanted to stress how different this band-specific Rock Band entry will be compared to Beatles. As a "drummer," I couldn't stand Beatles due to its nearly nonexistent drum charts. This time there'll be tons of pedal and lots of movement around the pads. But I do appreciate the feedback, especially when it's that coherent and to-the-point.
  • GodofPS314 - March 15, 2010 8:47 p.m.

Although I love Green day alot, this game has some huge shoes to fill. Beatles Rock and was great for me. So this has to be pretty great to exceed expectations. I agree 100% Jesus of Suburbia was truly a work of art. Seriously expert drums on Beatles RB were seriously fun so I expect no different
  • kompressorlogik - March 15, 2010 8:45 p.m.

As much as I'd love to weigh in on this with my opinion (Nimrod contains some of their best and most energetic material), nothing I have to say matters in any way, since I'll never purchase any rhythm game. I'm actually a drummer and I fail epically whenever I try to hamfist my way through video game drums, because the simple version on screen and the actual drum part as I know it are fighting for control of my limbs. And I always lose.
  • Cyberninja - March 15, 2010 8:39 p.m.

i dont really care what songs are in it but i know friend does hes a huge green day fan so i will probally be hearing this game alot soon
  • zigs - March 15, 2010 8:32 p.m.

As both a long-time drummer and huge Rock Band fan, I have to say that I really, really don't agree with "Tre Cool's a monstrous drummer, so expect a serious workout." He plays fast, sure, but compared to other punk/pop-punk (included those already available in RB) it's nothing special at all. From a drummer's perceptive, there's barely any variation between Green Day songs, and I've yet to hear a GD song that is fast enough to pose a challenge. I hope that doesn't sound arrogant. That video from GDC where the Harmonix drummer failed Brain Stew... that wasn't hard. All the game's press seemed to be hyping it as an insanely hard song for a drummer, but that brief charted section we saw (and hearing song a couple times since), it genuinely doesn't seem difficult at all. Faster tempo, but not difficult. I'm a maaaaassive Rock Band fan, and I play drums in the game very, very regularly. But GD:RB is pretty much off my radar because of how bland and simple the drumming is. Which is a shame.
  • twishart - March 15, 2010 8:23 p.m.

Kerplunk was the first album I ever bought. I'm in dire need of a new RB Drumkit, if they include a lot of the early stuff, I'm in.
  • cracker33 - March 15, 2010 8:20 p.m.

I hope they include "Brat", "King for a day", "the Grouch", and "Maria".
  • CreeplyTuna - March 15, 2010 8:16 p.m.

this band sucks...i'd like to say i'd want a nirvana rock band, but if there was, i wouldnt buy it cuz i can already play most of their songs on real drums and i dont want to give any more cash to courtney love
  • lovinmyps3 - March 15, 2010 8:13 p.m.

The fact that it's censored is enough to say "Fuck this game!!"
  • Jacob816 - March 15, 2010 8:12 p.m.

It doesn't matter what songs they put in it. As long as it's censored, I'm not interested.
  • ventanger - March 15, 2010 7:54 p.m.

I really want to hope that this game can jab an eight inch syringe of adrenaline into the flat lining music game genre.
  • michaelmcc827 - March 15, 2010 7:46 p.m.

I'll be pissed if Dookie isn't there, but ya know what, I'll still buy and download it if it isn't. I just hope they still manage to make the Dookie tracks as part of the experience, and integrate them into the campaign and such.