• Monty151 - April 18, 2010 9:25 p.m.

It seems that every time i read a new book or watch a new movie, gr puts it into their articles... lol
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2010 10:46 a.m.

I have wanted a game based around Apocalypse Now for ages, I would kill for a decent game adaptation... The eerie jungles, mental instability, and of course the killer soundtrack. This must be done... SO sick of games set in WWII Germany and the middle east... bleghhh...
  • StoveToTheFace - April 17, 2010 11:52 p.m.

lol those would make the worst games ever..
  • crumbdunky - April 17, 2010 12:10 a.m.

I believe I might well have said a few of these(Hitchcock and Apocalypse Now for starters)in the Books to Film article's comments the other week! Sneaky cribbers GR! Who else have you been slipping ideas away from, mmm? Anyway, good article and there's a lot of sense, oddly, in some of the ideas for making the shift gamewards too. That said, I STILL think my idea for a game based on The Idiot would be superior to any film adaptations! It would be the most niche game ever made(with, like, me as the market)but I'd be happy.
  • ChillyGroundfly - April 16, 2010 9:45 p.m.

Great article. Personally, I'd go further into debt to fund "Shoot the Piano Player" as an FPS or "Bicycle Thieves" as a sandbox-style title. How about "Rules of the Game" on the DS? Think Wario Ware: "Tap A to critique the bourgeoisie of pre-war France!" . . . maybe not.
  • barrage7667 - April 16, 2010 8:58 p.m.

i mean SPARTACUS THE GAME!!! wow fail
  • barrage7667 - April 16, 2010 8:57 p.m.

nah man... SPARTACUS THE MOVIE!!!
  • frmonth - April 16, 2010 5:28 p.m.

Oh and btw I would only trust rockstar with making a le dolce vita game, I think they would be able to craft the enviroment really well.
  • frmonth - April 16, 2010 5:27 p.m.

I would wait to the next generation of consoles or until graphics improve significantly before attempting to make a seven samurai game because the visuals are just so amazing at the end with the struggle in the rain. You would have to be able to pull it off amazingly to do the original any justice.
  • GamesRadarJoeMcNeilly - April 16, 2010 5:04 p.m.

<3 battle royale - that would be awesome online with a bunch of other people forming/breaking alliances and fighting to survive =D
  • Tomsta666 - April 16, 2010 4:40 p.m.

Barberella could make a decent game :D What about Battle Royale? The premise of that film could translate into a pretty good game. What do you think?
  • GamesRadarJoeMcNeilly - April 16, 2010 2:51 p.m.

re: Seven Samurai - one of my all-time faves too. mifune is fucking amazing. 20XX made me weep like baby jesus. re: jeux - well, since they are micro GAMES use of the plural is acceptable re: Akira - yeah, there are already two "Akira" games, i linked to gameplay footage of each. my point is that an Akira game should look more like the NeoTokyo screens. on neotokyohq.com they namecheck both Akira and Ghost in the Shell as inspirations. re: Barbarella as Bayonetta - great idea! that would be smokin' re: Rebel Without a Cause - also a great idea! switchblade fight FTW re: dinosaur extinction - i dunno, someone must have edited the wikipedia page between when i looked and when you looked? i'm pretty sure it said 1915.
  • durpdeedur - April 16, 2010 1:53 p.m.

Too bad Neotokyo is terrible. A bad CS:S rip-off that would only please fans of Ghost in the Shell. It has very little to do with Akira if I remember correctly.
  • philipshaw - April 16, 2010 1:02 p.m.

Interesting article and a Akira game would be good
  • drewbian - April 16, 2010 11:21 a.m.

nice article guys
  • Clovin64 - April 16, 2010 10:49 a.m.

I havent seen any of these movies yet. Now I feel like I've wasted my life watching crappy modern movies (Boo!)
  • Kipper - April 16, 2010 10:25 a.m.

@ JoeM : Ghost in the Shell games already came out on PS1 and PS2.
  • jmcgrotty - April 16, 2010 7:13 a.m.

The most obvious (maybe too obvious) would be making a GTA-style Rebel Without A Cause. Fighting, racing, moral decisions and the second-hottest Nat ever.
  • McSpermie - April 16, 2010 4:50 a.m.

A little off topic, but you have great taste in movies
  • JoeMasturbaby - April 16, 2010 4:31 a.m.

Akira and Ghost in the Shell would be amazing games.