We Recommend

• minimaxi - January 30, 2012 8:42 a.m.

after dying over and over and over and over again in the underwater level in Donald Duck In Maui Mallard for genesis. my childhood self just said 'that's it'. it's never being touched again until months later when a magazine printed the complete passwords (it was an internet-less era in my country pretty much) I even remember the password 'yohoho' because that's what I did everyday, input that password and fail. did it make it to your worst water level list?
  • philiphorton - January 30, 2012 8:34 a.m.

But is it unrealistic Justin? Would you have attempted a half volley from Rooney in anything other than the dying seconds of a match when you have nothing to lose? Also, the closer you are to the whistle in each half, the more likely you are to score... http://postimage.org/image/91dfdgirt/ Just sayin....
  • Mezolitik - January 30, 2012 8:31 a.m.

I've had Football Manager for about 12 hours, and I think I've lost 8 out of 10 games, so far. I'm repeatedly losing 4-0 to the youth team of the reserve team of some hovel in darkest Croatia. I get out of the pre-season with four losses, and then get walloped 6-0 by Ajax on the opening day. So, yeah, if I lose to Stalinist 74 Zogblob again, FM12 is going on my 'never play again' list.
  • KungFoo - January 30, 2012 8:43 a.m.

FM 2005 - First leg of the Championship playoff and I win 6-1 at home to Sheff Wed. The return leg set up defensively with a rock solid back 4 and defensive mid only to lose 6-1 on the night. Fortunately I went through on penalties but the game had some insanely crazy moments
  • Chong03 - January 30, 2012 8:48 a.m.

You don't expect to be good at the best manager simulator in half a day do you? Hhahahahaha...This doesn't mean that the game sucks...Its that YOU suck...Ive had 3 seasons with united and ive won everything + 80 mil to spend(on gotze) because I know who to buy for how much and how to play against teams...I beat Barca twice so far with no quit games.
  • Mezolitik - January 30, 2012 9:11 a.m.

Naw, I've played a few of the earlier FMs, so I have a vague idea of what I'm supposed to be doing. I always play as little teams, so I'm used to getting flattened occasionally, just not against school teams from Finland. I might play a season with Madrid, or something, just until I get used to everything. Having a £250k transfer budget is a pain in the arse.
  • bebl09 - January 30, 2012 9:31 a.m.

Wow, winning everything with Man United (presumably that's who you mean), what an achievement lol. Granted they're not the world's best team but they're one of the best, and you get a massive transfer budget with them so it's not exactly a challenge. I came 4th in the Premier League with Newcastle in my first season on FM11, when I was predicted 17th by the media cause I made good signings and got my tactics right, and beat Barca in the 2nd round of the Champions' League the next season. Six seasons in and I'm now ranked the number 1 team in Europe, having signed the likes of Pastore and Adler on free signings. Again that's not a massive achievement like getting a non-league team to Champions League winners, but it's harder than Man United lol.
  • MidianGTX - January 30, 2012 8:21 a.m.

I've only played the demo for FIFA 12, but I figured I'd join in with the hate for Bejeweled 2. It's not really a game at all is it? It's the virtual equivalent of asking a baby "which block is the green one?" combined with the unforgiving bad luck of Vegas. People who play it are only "gamers" in the same way that people doing a crossword or Sudoku are gamers: not very much at all. Beyond Facebook and people who are sat at work getting increasingly bored during lunch hour, the game has no need for existing.
  • JHBorden - January 30, 2012 8:19 a.m.

Dragin Age 2 for me on steam it says 45 minutes in game...45 minutes I wish I could have back doing something better like picking my nose or smoking a joint or something.The game I could not put down would be my GOTY The Witcher 2.But technicaly it could win 360 GOTY it is getting a console release in 2012. :)
  • hellison - January 30, 2012 5:31 p.m.

Couldn't say better. Dragon Age 2 was a major disapointment for me, as I'm a huge fan of the Origins. Witcher 2 is better in every way and is totally awesome