• NelosAngelos - May 16, 2009 1:17 a.m.

MGS3 I think was the best personally. And I liked Devil May Cry 1 as well, even though it didn't have Virgil in it (In a sense). But Yeah, I noticed a lot of 4s coming out that have been pretty damn awesome. Next is Sly Cooper 4!!
  • ian edgar - May 16, 2009 1:03 a.m.

What about Phantasy Star? There were four of those.
  • Ravenbom - May 16, 2009 12:43 a.m.

Hmm... so by this logic, there's a good chance that if they ever make a Super Mario Bros 4 and a Sonic 4, they would be the definitive game of their respective series. Maybe this explains why Tetris was so damn good. It's a whole game based on the number 4 and it's named for the greek word for 4.
  • DBAX47 - May 16, 2009 12:35 a.m.

you forgot the elder scrolls tyler. GOOD JOB! =[
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - May 15, 2009 11:43 p.m.

Course, one of the biggest problems with this is... American developers hate going past the number 4. It is actually mentioned on the podcast this week. Whereas Japanese developers tend to continually number new games in a series, American developers tend to stop numbering at around four. For example: CoD 4 to... CoD: World at War, then Modern Warfare 2 (can't go past 4, so we reset to 2!).
  • Luigi49 - May 15, 2009 11:30 p.m.

You didnt do the Final Fantasy games. Is it because their are so many. I like the series.
  • jar-head - May 15, 2009 11:13 p.m.

7 is Bungies number lucas
  • GamesRadarHankMotherFuckingGilbert - May 15, 2009 11:10 p.m.

I like how the graphs go to 120. I wonder what game would get that kind of average?
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - May 15, 2009 10:57 p.m.

King's Quest VI is definitely the best King's Quest. You know why? Jane Jensen was involved. "Girl in the Tower" didn't hurt.
  • GoldenMe - May 15, 2009 10:31 p.m.

Tyler, you math sorcerer.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - May 15, 2009 10:01 p.m.

@devinejoh: Remembered Ace Combat 0, but I decided only to include numbers 1 or greater. That was mainly because so few series (Resident Evil also comes to mind...) have a "zero" entry. And also, I think it's really silly. Anyway, the score for AC 0 doesn't affect the outcome.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - May 15, 2009 9:57 p.m.

@KHfan: I only chose the average score for one release of each game. In the case of DMC 4 I used the 360 version. Sometimes the scores were the same between platforms, but if they weren't, I chose the one with the higher score.
  • jabba1st - May 15, 2009 9:51 p.m.

2 is the best:)
  • KHfan - May 15, 2009 9:48 p.m.

i actually thought hat DMC 4 was much bettr than 1 or 3...no.2 was just disapointing :P and its on 360 AND PS3 lol