• silvereye - May 17, 2009 7:38 p.m.

If 4 is so great and many franchises have a 4th entry, does this mean were all screwed when a fifth game comes out or another number like 6 or 7 will become the greatsest number?
  • mishmoigon - May 17, 2009 9:46 p.m.

I also like fours the best
  • RedOutlive10 - May 17, 2009 11:57 p.m.

It's good to know metacritic scores do not mean jack. Metal Gear Solid 2 was the worst entry of the series, it couldn't give an inch of the excitement the first was able to provide.
  • Picnic1 - May 18, 2009 12:05 p.m.

I think that there is a good case for the number 2 or 3: Monkey Island 2 is many fan fan’s favourites but I adore part 3 (‘Curse of ‘) for its animation and sound whereas 4 had obscure solutions to puzzles and 3D animation that wasn't quite as pleasing as part 3. Sonic 2 and 3 are both good- I prefer Sonic 2 though. I got the feeling that Devil May Cry 3 was now regarded as regarded as the best by many? Silent Hill 3 is more highly regarded by 4 but I suppose that most people regard part 2 as the best- I’m not sure why- all that fog is annoying. I prefer the Gamecube Resident Evil remake (technically still Resident Evil 1) than RE4.
  • Seabread - May 18, 2009 12:25 p.m.

just wait til they reach 7th iteration in game engines/releases. 7 will be the best number. eg: it's 77.7% certain that track #7 on any album you pick at random will be a stellar track. not necessarily the best but certainly note-worthy.
  • breener96 - May 18, 2009 1:20 p.m.

YOU'RE F**KIN KIDDING!!!! MGS 2 IS THE WORST IN THE SERIES. NOT SAYIN THAT IT'S BAD, BUT IT'S BY FAR THE WORST FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!
  • SlinkyDink - May 18, 2009 11:52 p.m.

42?
  • YoshiFtJ - May 19, 2009 7:45 p.m.

I seem to enjoy the second entry in a series the most. Suikoden 2, Mother 2, Resident Evil 2, Star Ocean 2, Silent Hill 2,...
  • Spybreak8 - May 20, 2009 10:05 a.m.

I just realized this today! Four is also the new trend for number of letters for Titles. FEAR, DiRT, GRID, PURE, FUEL, I'm probably missing a few but there are more.
  • stuzimuzipuzi - May 20, 2009 3:32 p.m.

four for the wine
  • stuzimuzipuzi - May 20, 2009 3:32 p.m.

win :|
  • GamesRadarLizzieCuevas - May 21, 2009 11:33 p.m.

That must mean there's still hope for Halo 4.
  • cheezyphil - September 6, 2009 5:46 p.m.

completely unrealistic comparison - considering the inflation in scores because of the "OMG NEXT GEN". Plus, like said, most games haven't gotten past 4 yet. still a good article though.
  • mauiboy808 - March 6, 2010 1:35 a.m.

4 is is my favorite 1&3 sucks but 2 is my 2 favorite