• vent - November 2, 2012 6:44 a.m.

Gary Johnson is not a serious candidate, and Ron Paul isn't even running. Get a clue.
  • KA87 - November 2, 2012 6:15 a.m.

I just noticed this because of all of the nasty political comments, but if video games make you a murder or lazy, then I have to wonder what politcs did to all of those crazies that posted those political comments.
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 1, 2012 4:08 p.m.

No love for Gary Johnson? Man...
  • Aarononymous - November 1, 2012 3:24 p.m.

Old article is old. Didn't even bother to delete the now-irrelevant primary candidates (including Ron Paul), or add sections on the slightly-less-irrelevant third party candidates like Gary Johnson or Jill Stein.
  • Cwf2008 - November 1, 2012 11:50 p.m.

It's new, and they deliberately put in those candidates just so we could see their stance on games. Obviously you can't read.
  • kyle94 - November 2, 2012 7:21 p.m.

This is an old article originally written back during the Republican primaries. Just look at the comments originally written 8 months ago.
  • Billiam101 - November 1, 2012 3:10 p.m.

So why didn't you Gary Johnson? Not that I support the man, I just like to see equality in representation of the candidates.
  • Billiam101 - November 1, 2012 3:11 p.m.

*why didn't you do
  • ericmatrix1 - November 1, 2012 3:10 p.m.

Okay it is an honorable and worthy cause to get ppl (kids) to play less video games and Adults and kids alike to stop spending as much time and money on them. But one must also take into consideration how much Gaming and Entertainment possitively affect our Economy. And is that not one of the biggest sociopolitical issues of our day? I say, make it MANDATORY for people to buy and play games, and do it IN school so that kids will be more interested. Give incentives for doing good work. If you get a certain grade on the test, you get to play the game during the day at some point. kids will be more involved, make better grades, get better jobs, become better politicians, and help the economy. BOOM. Eric for President. :D lol
  • TheNobleRobot - November 1, 2012 2:58 p.m.

Forgive me for saying, but even as an avid gamer, I'll vote for someone who I agree with on actual issues like tax policy and marriage equality before giving half a shit about how they feel about gaming. It's not the 90s anymore, no one is trying to ban or censor video games. The president's policies have as much impact on video games as they have on books and television. Imagine asking the candidates about their views on the movies. Yeah, it sounds exactly as stupid.
  • 7-D - November 1, 2012 2:02 p.m.

I love games as much as any of you, but to be honest I think a few less platinum trophies and a few more books would do wonders for a lot of kids out there.
  • Thedigitalg - November 1, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Vote Obama, Americans! You are a long way from the beauty of European-style government, but at least he's taking you in the right direction! Just don't join an exclusive club like the EU and you'll be good.
  • Bansheebot - November 1, 2012 1:07 p.m.

I can't wait until 50 years from now when people will realize that the Vyleent Vid-ja Games didn't turn every person whoever so much as picked up a gameboy into a murdering sociopath. They'll probably be too busy fighting against the society ruining aspects of robotic A.I. pets.
  • winner2 - November 1, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Oh, politics? Sorry gonna go this other way now...
  • PevMaster - February 28, 2012 7:50 a.m.

Despite being a Republican (can't stand the left-wing commies in England and Australia) I'd vote for Obama this time. The others all seem like cunts.
  • profile0000 - February 28, 2012 12:02 p.m.

Well, you need to stand out in a Primary election, I suppose. The best way to do that would be, in theory, acting like a insane cunt. That's how American politics generally work: Fight for personal ideology in Primaries, fight for party ideology in the General election, and then do basically what the last guy did once you become President. Isn't it wonderful?
  • wheresmymonkey - November 2, 2012 3:09 a.m.

Hey we're not commies. We're socialist's there a difference. If the reports coming out of the states about the crazy shite the republicans want to do with the rights are women are true. I'm happy to ive in the UK. Sounds like the USA is on the virge of becmnog the monster it rebelled against in the first place. Land of the free.. unless you're a women,or poor, or not a christian, or an immegrant. Unlike the UK where people are free to live and worship how they want, the poor are given support and women are allowed to do whatever they want tiwth their own bodies. Welcome to Britain. we're now more american than america.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - February 27, 2012 10:39 p.m.

Pssst. Nobody mention the Meadow Mountain Massacre to Romney. It's so cute that he thinks violence didn't exist before videogames and movies. Oh crap here he comes. *Cough* *Cough* Hey Mr. Romney, nice weather we're having today, right?
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - February 27, 2012 10:40 p.m.

Whoops I mean Mountain Meadows.
  • db1331 - November 1, 2012 12:53 p.m.

I read that as "Mountain Dew Massacre." I was like, "WTF where was I during that?!"