Topics

CommunityQs

• Jacko415 - September 5, 2013 4:48 p.m.

People should rip off Assissins Creed and/or Brinks movement systems. The free roaming and climbing/vaulting mechanics would fit nicely into a lot of games.
  • DragonLord23 - September 5, 2013 4:18 p.m.

I think more third or first person shooter where you are part of a squad need to use the squad controls in Star Wars Republic Commando. That game felt likeI had control over my AI partners and they always had my back when I needed it. ALSO all shooter need a down but not out state. I am looking at you Mass Effect!
  • JarkayColt - September 5, 2013 3:39 p.m.

I mentioned this on the "things modern RPGs can learn from EarthBound" article, but I wish that more games (read: RPGs) had ripped off the rolling HP meters from EarthBound and Mother 3. It adds such a brilliant extra dynamic to healing strategy, and battle strategy as a whole. Watching a party member's HP drop in real-time adds so much more urgency to your actions. You'll probably rush and make mistakes, but in a "frenetic fun" kind of way!
  • DarthPunk - September 5, 2013 2:49 p.m.

I never fail to be disappointed that games have actually become more linear since the release of the original Deus Ex rather than less
  • GOD - September 5, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Uncharted. Gameplay wise. I'm surprised there hasn't been a shooter made where you can just scale a building naturally. Just imagine what would be a normal shooter, but now it's 3rd person, and instead of only being able to walk on the horizontal plane, you can start hopping up the sides of buildings. No I don't just mean ladders. I mean like Assassin's Creed but with guns. How could this not be awesome?
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - September 5, 2013 2:39 p.m.

Dwarf Fortress. Any games along those lines where you build up a little kingdom from scratch is like crack to me. Gnomoria, Towns, and the upcoming Clockwork Empires are/are looking great, and I wish there were more games like them.
  • RodrigoHLC - September 5, 2013 2:33 p.m.

Every star wars game in which you use a lightsaber and force powers should rip off Jedi Knight II. It's been , what? 8 years since that game was released? And we still haven't gotten a game that better showcases what wielding a lightsaber and using the force would be like. And I really don't like it when they make it as superpowered as The Force Unleashed. Yeah I know, I mention JKII a lot...
  • Doctalen - September 5, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Not sure if this counts since its apart of the cut scenes and not gameplay, but I'd love more games to have more armadas going head to head like in the Citadel capture and liberation in Mass Effect or even the Covie invasion of Earth in Halo 2 or the UNSC strike on that forerunner ship in Halo 3. I just want more fleets of giant ships shooting lasers and shit at each other.
  • P0ck3tC1am - September 5, 2013 1:33 p.m.

Well Def. no more CoD.....That game is a disease.
  • thinkerluchho - September 5, 2013 1:11 p.m.

way of samurai
  • WrathLord03 - September 5, 2013 1:02 p.m.

Easy. Red Faction Guerrilla. I still remember the review on this very site, hopeful the complete destruction of buildings would be a future staple in games. Nuh-uh. And the fact that Armageddon really distracted from what Guerrilla was all about didn't help either.
  • GR HollanderCooper - September 5, 2013 1:26 p.m.

Great--now I'm crying. WHY.
  • RodrigoHLC - September 5, 2013 2:36 p.m.

• taokaka - September 5, 2013 5:47 p.m.

• Swedish_Chef - September 7, 2013 5:58 a.m.

• thinkerluchho - September 5, 2013 12:48 p.m.

tenchu shinobido assassin's creed mafia series
  • Redeater - September 5, 2013 12:40 p.m.

I wish Nintendo ripped off Mario 3 and World for the last 20-30 Mario games.
  • Oujisama - September 5, 2013 2:10 p.m.

They did, like 20-30 times with the New Super Mario series and Mario 3D Land. It was tiresome and the titles started getting stale after the first one.
  • Redeater - September 5, 2013 2:40 p.m.

Oh right! I forgot about the abundance of items in NSMB like the coin ship, the Hammer Bro suit, Kiribu Shoe, collecting end of the level symbols to get bonuses, warp whistles, frog suits, the ridiculous amount of hidden secrets......I'm going to stop right there because the list goes on. If you are naive enough to believe they "improved" on the 3/World formula, could you please point me to one "best videogames ever made" list where any NSMB is higher than 3/World. I've completed every Mario game 100% and can tell you that NSMB don't even come close to the creativity sparked in 3.
  • Oujisama - September 5, 2013 2:57 p.m.

Lol, I never even implied that the New Super Mario games improved anything. They tried and failed, and I barely enjoyed any of the games passed the first one.