• oryanbelt - July 18, 2013 2:39 p.m.

So I agree with most of the list they excluding ROB, Marth, Wolf, and Lucas. I do see the reasoning on ROB, but I considered him Brawl's answer to Mr. Game and Watch; Where they brought in a character from out of left field that no one could have predicted, like they did with Game and Watch back in Melee. I would think they keep him in like they did for Game and Watch in Brawl and continue that tradition with SSB4 (Wii Fit Trainer). He's honestly a coin flip for whether he stays or not admittedly. As far as Marth is concerned, him and Roy where the first representations of Fire Emblem in the Smash series and I believe that trumps any chance of getting replaced by anyone, even a Lucina skin swap. He's a 1 generation veteran (as I like to call the characters that made it from one game to the next) and he needs to stick around to carry that torch. I wouldn't be against his reskin as Lucina if they want to represent FE: A, but I think he'll be around come SSB4. Wolf is a hard one to call. He is the third in the Star Fox series and has a similar style of play as both Fox and Falco. Best way to compare them is to the Shoto charcters in Street Fighter, where they play similarly, but each are very unique in different aspects. I believe that this, plus he's the main rival of Fox, will keep him in the roster for SSB4. Lucas... Mother 3... Enough said.... Kidding (sort of >_>), I believe that Lucas will make a return due to the lack of representation of of the Mother series in the Smash Roster. Ness is all alone in there if Lucas got the boot and not to mention the Mother series is one of Hal Laboratory's creations. Plus the same reasoning for Wolf applies here as well with the similarities between Ness and Lucas. If anything, Ness will be gone before Lucas, as Sakurai considered doing as such for Brawl, abate he changed his mind in the end. Though this is the series where anything can happen, hell we got Sonic and Snake in Brawl, so I doubt any character is a shoeing outside the 2 Gen Veterans in the end. Sorry for the small essay... :P
  • oryanbelt - July 18, 2013 2:41 p.m.

*Sorry, I meant Melee, not Brawl on the Lucas replacing Ness comment
  • g1rldraco7 - July 18, 2013 2 p.m.

I hope they can talk about the different stages tyou can fight on, some of them were hard to fight on.
  • DragonLord23 - July 18, 2013 1:43 p.m.

Hey guys can you talk about my favorite part o Brawl which was the stage customization. Do you think nintendo will bring it back and in what ways?
  • xscherer - July 18, 2013 1:27 p.m.

Marth is safe ! Ike is out prob replaced by Chrom... I wish lucas stays, I love him but yeah he might be cut, Ness stays tho... Pokemon trainer will be replaced for someone similiar... Lucario replaced like mewtwo was... Rob def out... I hope Diddy Kong and Captain Olimar stay... Yeah Toon link out, Sonic stays, PIkachu stays... I think Wolf stays, so does Sonic... King DeDeDe out !... And the ones I didn't mention obviously stay.
  • Swedish_Chef - July 18, 2013 1:12 p.m.

Picture caption: Red Pikmin: "I'm sorry Jim... Capcom finally did it... They killed Mega Man." Purple Pikmin: "No... There is a way we can still save him... We have to save him." White Pikmin: "HELP! SOMEONE CALL SAKURAI!!!"
  • J-Fid - July 18, 2013 3:20 p.m.

Lol
  • supergiraffe - July 18, 2013 12:33 p.m.

I think Marth is safe, he's been around for a couple of games. Ike is totally replaced by Chrom though.
  • Marteo Broter - July 18, 2013 12:50 p.m.

Yeah Chrom is pretty much a shoe-in, especially since there's an Arena Ferox stage from Awakening. But who knows, maybe they'll throw a curve ball and put in Lucina instead.
  • Swedish_Chef - July 18, 2013 12:59 p.m.

They could have Lucina replace Marth but keep the same basic moveset as Marth due to the massive similarity between them. Chrom's pretty much in at this point though, probably will be announced at some point soon. IMO my dream picks from Awakening are the Avatar and Owain but I highly doubt either of them will happen. :(
  • BladedFalcon - July 18, 2013 1:08 p.m.

Just... argh, have ANY Mage character in the game, ANYONE will do Nintendo. Again, I just think they are wasting a ton of potential and variety by using only princes. which is why I wouldn't like Lucina AND Chrom to be both in the game.
  • supergiraffe - July 18, 2013 1:01 p.m.

I'd like for there to at least be a Lucina skin.
  • shawksta - July 18, 2013 2:42 p.m.

Let me remind you guys that Captain Olimar was still in instead it being replaced by the new guy, something to think about when your all asking for Chrom
  • BladedFalcon - July 18, 2013 12:58 p.m.

I'd honestly prefer it if they replaced Marth for Lucina, and Ike for someone from Fire Emblem that isn't a prince class. Seriously, it's kind of a waste to have such big variety of classes that would fight a fighting game so well, and have the smash games only use characters that share the SAME class. Have a berserker like Vaike, a Mage like Tharja or hell, even a Manakete like Tiki if you want someone more popular or at least more relevant to the series as a whole that ISN'T a prince >_>