• ericthesmith - September 8, 2012 8:06 a.m.

Beyond Good & Evil and The Secret of Monkey Island. Apparently I like being told what to play by gaming websites.
  • Hipopapotamus - September 8, 2012 7:39 a.m.

After spending pretty much all my time from Christmas up until a week ago playing Fifa 12 online, i'm going back to try and finish the games that got left in the wayside. I just finished Portal 2 and plan to plough through saints row the third with the intention of beating the main storyline beforeBorderlands 2 comes out.
  • joerevs300 - September 8, 2012 7:02 a.m.

I'm finishing up Borderlands, after about 4 weeks I finally Platinum'd the game last night, and I'm cleaning up the DLC. Still trying to get a Pearlscent WEAPON (I have a Pearl Shield LOL). I just got Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny from Gamefly so I'm anxious to see how that is. Of course, when Borderlands 2 comes out in 10 days, that will be #1 :)
  • crazor89 - September 8, 2012 3:05 a.m.

Been pretty busy this week, so I'm still working on Saints Row 3 and Bioshock. Also with a smattering of PES.
  • taokaka - September 7, 2012 11:46 p.m.

I played a trippy indie game called EXO on friday night which if anybody's interested you can download for free here http://e-x-o.com/ Other than that my weekend goal has been removing the shop from not only the top of my most played list on my 3ds but out of the top three so I've been playing legend of zeldas ocarina of time and four swords and also rhythm thief.
  • shawksta - September 7, 2012 10:45 p.m.

So David is covering Resi6? Excellent Trying to understand how to control Dispositions in Kingdom Hearts DDD,and Deciding between 3D or no 3D on NSMB2, The front models looks nice in 3D, but the background is Blurred which i hate to see so its hard to choose.
  • StoneDreadnaught - September 7, 2012 10:38 p.m.

My weekend consists of a combination of League of Legends, Persona 4 Arena, Civ 4, Evochron Mercenary, DOTA 2 and Retro Gaming Challenge. Oh, and I guess I could finish this one game I've been playing for the last few years, called 'College'. Subscription fee is killing me.
  • samsneeze - September 7, 2012 10:16 p.m.

I'll be spending my time trudging through Two Worlds II. Who knows? I may be able to fit some Grandia II in there somewhere.
  • BladedFalcon - September 7, 2012 9:13 p.m.

"David: After a couple of weeks of light gaming interspersed with a lot of Breaking Bad" Bravo! David Bravo!!!! *Claps enthusiastically* Anyone watching Breaking Bad is doing a service to entertainment media everywhere! As for me, yeah, I'm still completely entranced by Dragon's Dogma. I've already maxed out both the fighter and assassin class, and I'm soon going to cap the ranger as well, so I'll probably be checking out the strider class soon... And I'm over level 50 and STILL don't think I'm even near the end of the game XD
  • avantguardian - September 10, 2012 2:19 a.m.

hey, if you ever need a tank for a pawn, i've got a lvl 72 fighter named vogn. has good gear/skills and doesn't talk too much;) i also really recommend learning the magic archer class. it was my favorite in the game.
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2012 7:07 a.m.

Oh cool! and well, I could definitely use a good fighter, since I'm more focused on being an assasin/Ranger, dishing pain more than being able to take it XD (Altough having spent the first 25 lvls as a fighter does help me take some hits.) I should clarify that I'm playing it on the PS3, but if you're also playing it in that console, sure, send me your PSN account name, or I'll send you mine, and we can trade ^^ Of course, me being lvl 56 probably won't be of much use to you, my my pawn is a solely focused sorcerer/Mage who has pretty much all the skills of those classes already, so she's good for any magical related tasks you might need ^^ And well, once I finish the main story, (Which shouldn't be long now, i think, I'm close to starting the "deny salvation" quest.) I think I might branch out to the magical classes, yeah. I was actually indecisive between mystic knight or magic archer, but upon your recommendation, I think I'll probably try the latter one first ^^
  • avantguardian - September 10, 2012 3:52 p.m.

yeah, i realized right as i posted that you're on ps3. that's a bummer. no edit function, also a bummer. my main was a strider as well, but once i got the magic archer going, i couldn't go back. seven regular arrows is cool, but ten HOMING arrows are even cooler, especially against flying buggers.
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2012 9:24 p.m.

Yeah... not being able to see your pawn was a bummer indeed ): And well... I tried the magic archer... leveled up to level six... I didn't like it XD I mean, the main reason I usually prefer warriors or thieves over mages it's because of their immediacy... and even though the magic archer's spell arrows are reasonably fast, I still dun like the waiting XD besides, since my main has almost no magic power developed, the arrows do pitiful damage even with a powerful spellbow equiped >>; Now, with the Ranger however... have you tried using a Ranger? if you think 10 homing arrows is cool... wait until you're able to fire TWELVE in one quick volley after another, it pretty much sweeps anything close by, and if fired close enough, all twelve can hit a single target, and then you have tenfold arrows with essentially turn your bow into a machine gun of death... And the great gamble, which takes a bit to load, you can't move, and it drain all your stamina... but you can steer it midair and if it hits an enemy... BOOM!!! even a Geo-Saurian gets one shotted AND it goes flying the fuck out of the air XD Honestly, when it comes to sheer damage power and range, the rangers are second to none XD (It also helps that they retain basic, but awesome daggers moves that let them hold their own at close range, instant resent, cutting with, hundred kisses, all good stuff.)
  • avantguardian - September 11, 2012 12:21 a.m.

i maxed out all of the possible archer classes, in order to get the passive buffs, and the ranger is definitely my second favorite. never used great gamble, though. my favorite magic archer skill (can't remember the name) is one where you shoot a fiery stake into something, which has explosives on the end, that detonate when you run up and whack them with a melee blow. this of course lights them on fire (it can also shoot them up into the air, which is ALWAYS awesome). also, the magic archer has a great dagger skill where you leap into the air, and land with a blow that does fire damage, which is awesome because i didn't always have the ability to fire charge my weapons, and it saved my ass against things like grimgoblins and masses of undead. i really liked how you could control your elemental damage without buffs. i also liked how i could run in my normal ranger gear, but wear a robe instead of body armor. i never used a staff with the class, 'cause really, what's the point? oh, and hundred kisses plus instant reset ftw!! XD
  • BladedFalcon - September 11, 2012 8:36 a.m.

Well... so I finished the game, right? You know how right after you leave cassardis post game, there's a gorechimera on the beach? I charged a great gamble, and while i charge, the chimera noticed me, so I couldn't have gotten a sneak attack bonus damage.... Even still, I hit the chimera on the body, and knocked FOUR AND A HALF health bars out of the five it had! Again, this requires your full stamina bar, but still... It's just fun to be able to dish out such an amount of damage in a single strike. And well, I haven't gotten a chance to sue that fire bolt you mentioned with the magic archer, I DID try the basic version of that leaving dagger skill... barely did any damage with it, again, I'm guessing that it's because i have really crappy magic damage output. At any rate, I'll probably try to max out magic archer once I get into new game plus, not before though, all these new creatures do demand that I pay proper attention to them! XD And yeah, instant reset at first sounds like a "eh, why would i want that?" kind of skill, but once you learn that you can cancel ANYTHING, including when you are staggered or even knocked down... well it becomes almost an essential tool, specially because the archer classes lack any counter moves akin to full compass slash or dragon's maw like fighters do, so instant reset is the only way an archer can break break from an enemy onslaught. And of course like you said, it allows you to enjoy the awesomeness of hundred kisses without any of the risks! XD
  • fthel - September 7, 2012 9 p.m.

yesterday i got a sudden urge to play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, I love the Castlevania games but never managed to finish SotN and so im trying to finally run through it.
  • Zeos - September 7, 2012 8:53 p.m.

I'm going to finish up getting everything Riddler-related in Arkham Asylum, and continue to play Alice Madness Returns. If I finish Alice maybe I'll try out the first Alice game that came with my copy of the second game.
  • Polarzombies - September 7, 2012 8:11 p.m.

Some BF3, Planetside2 beta, and the open beta for the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod.
  • BackwaterRifle - September 7, 2012 7:43 p.m.

Skyrim, with possible L.A. Noire inbetween, and also, I would like to say that Breaking Bad is fantastic. (@David)