Topics

Top 7

• HankVenture - October 25, 2011 5:30 a.m.

Yes yes yes I really did enjoy Brink but I gotta agree on this, the story was dull **** and would have actually been better without it, along with just the technical issues and oversights. If this game got a sequel I would buy it on day one probably, it was just really a fun interesting game just needs to be touched up a bit. Force Unleashed I never even beat, I bought the limited edition on Amazon for like 30, played maybe the first level and then quit because it was so boring and ****y I WOULD love another Too Human Game, despite the confusing **** for a story it was a decent game sorta. well It had the parts there for a good game, the whole universe was interesting just poorly, OOOO soo poorly drawn out and made no sense what so ever, it's like here is your character, something tragic happened to his wife, he is angry. OO and if you died you had to wait around a minute for a stupid angel to pick you up carry you up into the ceiling and then drop u right back where u were
  • FauxFurry - October 25, 2011 4:33 a.m.

If Brink does get a sequel, maybe they could see fit to add in some female character models to it. Brink 2: Now with 100% more electronic estrogen emulation!
  • Mezolitik - October 25, 2011 4:32 a.m.

"The melee combat was shallow and the boss fights invariably boiled down to the same patterns we've been bored of for years. Driving was only ever necessary because the empty world was far larger than it needed to be and our objectives were always a bit dull." So, what you're saying is, it's just like Borderlands? *hides*
  • SunniDee - October 25, 2011 3:31 a.m.

Looks like no one read the Homefront entry that he did mention that cytek is making a new one. But in my opinion this review just seems poorly written and some of the games already got a second chance (SFUII)
  • smashingpunk007 - October 25, 2011 3:07 a.m.

This article can go on the top 7 worst lists, wrongly accusing good games of being bad games. All your points still seem to be from left over angst from the hype machine that plagues modern games and even gave some of these games a bad reputation. Most of these games on your list are great games in their own right. Too Human is great game. Both SWTFU games are great games. Alpha Protocol is a great game. Brutal Legend is a great game. I was not disappointed by any of those. How about you compare the games on your list to actually disappointing games, like Legendary, 25 to Life, Terminator Salvation, or even Call of Juarez: The Cartel in which its predecessors where great games and this last iteration turned out to be horrific.
  • JachAnen - October 25, 2011 5:02 a.m.

You have to realize that this article is an opinion. Although an opinion most would agree on, its still an opinion. My opinion, for example, disagrees with yours, as both TFU games have a badly executed story and boring game-play. Therefore I also think that there shouldn't be any more in that series, and I still can't believe George L. okay-ed the story, as it makes no sense with the movies. But even though I have this opinion I don't lower my intellect to correct the article about the "Second, second chance", and I don't call your opinion one of the worst comments on GR, now do I. So please just leave your opinion without insults from now on, and your feelings shouldn't get hurt just because someone shares their opinion (especially about inanimate objects). P.S. Good article, once again.
  • jackthemenace - October 25, 2011 2:33 a.m.

FU2 was frigin' terrible, as were Brink and Alpha Protocol. But I, personally, LOVED Brutal Legend, and AM Loving Too Human (Not actually finished it yet though) Homefront and X-men Destiny I never gave a damn about, so I don't really care either way, but of the other five the only one I WOULDN'T want to see a sequel to is Brink. After playing it (And realising it was pretty terrible) I can't even think of any reason that'd make me want to buy a sequel :/ To Human and Brutal Legend DEFINITELY need sequels, though.
  • psycho ninja 4 - October 25, 2011 2:15 a.m.

Force Unleashed II was fairly solid in my opinion. Wasn't the best game ever but if they do make another (I have a friend who says there's going to be) all that needs improvement would probably be the plot and the combat. The back of the cover say "Unleash the truth" but its just the same story as the first one.
  • CH3BURASHKA - October 25, 2011 1:08 a.m.

Excellent article, and great concept to write on: everyone has at least one game that they cringe at the thought of, because it failed just enough to be a mediocre game that could have been amazing. Although all the games on here qualify, two entries perturb me. First off, Force Unleashed 2? You do realize there's a 2 in the title? They already got a second chance, and they still fugged it up. As for X-Men Destiny, it is NOT the Top 1 game that deserves a sequel. In a perfect world, sure, but a sequel will INEVITABLY be awful simply because it's a licensed game. Props for the effort, but seriously, that was a waste of an entry simply because the issue goes deeper than a single game. What's my disappointing game, you ask? Why, I am probably the biggest "fan" of... Advent Rising. The soundtrack was amazing, the story was... decent if not good, but the gameplay... oh the gameplay. Worse still, the story was cool and all, fairly standard "Chosen One saves the Universe", but the ending opened up a brand new horizon of possibilities for direction, one that had me aching for Advent Rising 2: Mercury Rising, but sadly that was not to be, because the game, the game part of the game, was ass. Such a waste, even more than any of the entries on this list, I would dare say.
  • TheSatur9 - October 25, 2011 12:12 a.m.

Alpha Protocol should definitely get an improvement in gameplay. At least to the degree of the "Splinter Cell" series.
  • larkan - October 24, 2011 10:34 p.m.

I'm really not looking forward to the sequel to Homefront..all the things listed as disappointments (minus the bland graphics) will all be repeated in the sequel...as Crytek makes pretty games, but shallow ones at that.
  • sirdilznik - October 24, 2011 10:33 p.m.

First, "rad" is being used again, did I miss something? Last time I remember "rad" being used was the mid-late 80s (damn I'm old). With that out of the way, I agree about Brutal Legend. Such a great idea and such a great setting, but such mediocre at best execution. I disagree about Force Unleashed however. They put out an almost good but ultimately quite frustrating game, then they had a chance to get it right with FU II and they put out another almost good but ultimately quite frustrating game(on a side note, the abbreviation "FU" is rather appropriate). As far as I'm concerned they got their do over and squandered it, they don't get another one, at least not from me. They can make Force Unleashed III but there's no chance I'll buy it, I have zero trust in them.
  • Fox_Mulder - October 24, 2011 10:20 p.m.

At first I really loved Brutal Legend. Jack Black + all things metal? I was sold. Playing the demo, I expected it to be some hack n' slash. Then I bought it and got to the RTS portion. I LOVE RTS games. But I feel that this game did not have enough units, you couldn't make enough of the ones that were there, it was a bitch and a half mobilizing your army to the other base, and battles usually turned out to be both sides wiping each other out halfway through the battlefield. However, I would welcome a sequel with open arms. Oh yeah, and great article by the way. These top sevens set GR apart from other websites.
  • RedOutlive10 - October 24, 2011 10:16 p.m.

Honestly GamesRadar, Force Unleashed? It can burn in hell for all I care I just want another Jedi Knight game. I doubt it will happen since LucasArts seems to have settled for horrible soulless games as of late.
  • Fuzunga - October 24, 2011 9:33 p.m.

Isn't Crytech doing Homefront 2?
  • redbliss - October 24, 2011 9:21 p.m.

I absolutely love Alpha Protocol. I just bought it and I am on the third or forth mission, but my xbox broke. I have been craving AP ever since. I love how every choice effects everything, and you dont immediately know how your choices will affect things. Also, I really want to see a trilogy for Too Human. There were enough good moments in that game to warrant a sequel, I just hope SK really works through the problems.
  • Errrrbo - October 24, 2011 9:07 p.m.

I LOVED Alpha Protocol. Messy combat aside, I really enjoyed the characters and writing, and the way the consequences reappeared later in the game was really impressive. Even though I love Mass Effect, I actually think AP has more important and more impactful choices. I would really like it to get a sequel, although I doubt that'll happen. If you like RPGs and haven't played Alpha Protocol yet, I highly recommend. Just play it on Easy so you can get past the gameplay and focus on the story, romances, and writing.
  • kjdubz22 - October 24, 2011 8:25 p.m.

Not really a disappointing game by any means, but a game that definitely deserves a sequel is Freedom Fighters. Just played it recently again, and while it doesn't hold up quite as well as it did, I would still love for a sequel to come out for it. Also, I agree with whoever said Advent Rising. Despite poor reviews I definitely enjoyed playing it.
  • LoudestCannon - October 24, 2011 8:47 p.m.

Oh man, Freedom Fighters is one of my favorite games and I have been hoping for a follow up for years.
  • Net_Bastard - October 24, 2011 8:11 p.m.

Actually, not only is Crytek developing Homefront 2, Crytek UK is developing it. As in, the branch of Crytek that has the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Timesplitters team in it. Now who would want to pass that up? I do think that Bulletstorm should get a sequel. The game was good, but it was too linear (You can't fall down bottomless pits!? You can't jump unless it's a QTE? You can't get shocked on electrically charged objects?) and the ending did not wow me at all. The last few minutes had you basically being like Serious Sam with the Bouncer. Sure the ending didn't really leave anything open but I still think the game missed the mark a tiny bit and would love to see it improved upon. Make it more open, make the multiplayer better and don't have any on-rails segments.