Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• Killshot - November 5, 2012 7:47 p.m.

Love seeing Ryan again i hope he shows up in the next 2 bioshock games.
  • Hobogonigal - November 5, 2012 7:52 p.m.

I agree. I will always remember the Andrew Ryan speech at the beginning of Bioshock 1. From that point I knew that the game would be something special and it didn't disappoint! Great list Sullivan, keep it up!
  • Green_Shade - November 5, 2012 8:06 p.m.

Voryn Dagoth from Morrowind, *SPOILERS, if anyone cares* how many villains start a communist, zombie apocalypse and then decide to rebuild a gigantic god powered robot? Aside from that, he was a far more honest and good friend to the character's previous incarnation than his other friends, who conspired (and succeeded) to kill him.*END SPOILERS*
  • Vincent Wolf - November 5, 2012 10:51 p.m.

Here we having this awesome list, minus couple character I don't know, but MOSTLY awesome, like Wesker, oh yeah he shoulda been first actually, because he's SO much better, cooler and infinitely more awesome than this retard Chris, then Sephiroth who's well probably more likable than Cloud, yes, not like I have anything except Cloud. And then GlaDOS, totally agree, fantastic character, so much more likable than mute main heroine. And then you had to ruin it ALL by making some Andrew Ryan on top spot. Lame. Really lame.
  • chriszewski - November 5, 2012 10:52 p.m.

I was surprised Kane was so low at #5... then i finished the article and realized why. Well played GR. Never cared much for wesker or RE in general myself, but i understand the appeal.
  • Redeater - November 5, 2012 11:51 p.m.

AC3. I don't want to spoil anything but the villain was 30x more interesting than dull old Connor. His dying speech was pretty great.
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 12:08 a.m.

oh man, seriously, fuck lance. fuck that guy. i'm not going to rant about how i think ff6 is SO much better than ff7 (i don't really think it is), but i liked kefka way more than sephiroth, and anyone of the "good guys". he had that flamboyant kind of insanity ( a la hamill's joker) that actually had me kind of pulling for him in the end.
  • lilspooky - November 6, 2012 10:23 a.m.

I agree! Gotta love that laugh. http://youtu.be/CyZoe-r9qb0
  • AlpineGuy - November 6, 2012 12:30 a.m.

Awesome list! I gotta go with The Joker as my personal pick, though. He had such an awesome role in the Arkham games.
  • DoubleLedgeTakedown - November 6, 2012 2:13 a.m.

I love the MGS series, so naturally I love Solid Snake & Big Boss... HOWEVER!!! Revolver Ocelot is by far my favourite villain of all time, what a badass, needs his own spin-off pronto.
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 4 p.m.

ocelot's turn in snake eater really made me like him as a character. which is kinda too bad, as apparently he turned into quite the asshat as time went by. "mmmeeeooowww!"
  • DoubleLedgeTakedown - November 6, 2012 2:18 a.m.

Just for clarification I do not mean Liquid Ocelot in MGS4, awesome as he may be, Major/Revolver Ocelot was more than capable of mindblowing everyone he encountered.
  • Clovin64 - November 6, 2012 4:02 a.m.

I'd like to mention Caius from FFXIII-2. He's no Sephy, but the dude has noble motivations behind his destructive plans, he has an awesome voice, he has 80's rock star hair and swings around bloody Soul Edge. Not to mention his theme music is awe-inspiring. Serah and Noel were likeable enough, but werent really anything special. I was rooting for Caius by the end.
  • ZakEverett - November 6, 2012 4:36 a.m.

I'm thinking Shodan could be added to this list.
  • The_Tingler - November 6, 2012 11:36 p.m.

I'm thinking the same thing. SHODAN is incredible, insane, and directly influenced the numbers 1 and 2 on the list.
  • avantguardian - November 7, 2012 2:26 a.m.

agreed, not the biggest system shock fan, but 1 & 2 would not exist in the same way w/o her.
  • KA87 - November 6, 2012 5:28 a.m.

"This is the part were he kills us" -GLaDOs
  • GameManiac - November 6, 2012 8:59 a.m.

"...and then there will be cake."