Topics

Top 7

• TheCakeIsaPie - November 5, 2012 1:28 p.m.

I really liked Krew from "Jak II." His bigger-then-life (in more ways than one) persona and disgusting habits made him unforgettable. Plus, you gotta love those atrophied legs dangling from his hoverchair. I was thrilled when he returned postmortem for "Jak X."
  • JarkayColt - November 6, 2012 9:48 a.m.

I can agree with this. I didn't really think about it until you mentioned it, but Krew really did make Jak II a lot more interesting and was the sort of character you really wanted to know more about. I dunno about him being more interesting than the hero though; even if you take Jak out the equation you have to account for Daxter, and he's indubitably a much better character than anyone.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - November 6, 2012 3:46 p.m.

Touche. Daxter does tend to steal the show.
  • J-Fid - November 5, 2012 2:17 p.m.

Balrog!
  • winner2 - November 5, 2012 2:33 p.m.

How about the bad guys from the destroy all humans games? "Majestic!"
  • PoisonWar - November 5, 2012 2:54 p.m.

I just have to say, Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. He was such a complex villan, had a great backstory, always calm and collected until the very last moment.
  • CombatWombat101 - November 6, 2012 2:55 a.m.

+1 to you, sir. Jon Irenicus' character is one of my favourite parts of Baldur's Gate 2. It helps that the writing was phenomenal and his voice actor was simply outstanding.
  • Technomancer - November 6, 2012 3:57 p.m.

"I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Know this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools."
  • obviouslyadouche - November 5, 2012 3:29 p.m.

Mark hamill as Joker was so good in both the arkahm games. He always has the perfect mix between the jokes and the just pure outright insanity.
  • Jacko415 - November 5, 2012 5:04 p.m.

That Andrew Ryan scene... the crowning achievement of videogame story telling thus far.
  • CitizenWolfie - November 5, 2012 5:12 p.m.

There's a couple more that I can think of (personal opinion): The Jackal from Far Cry 2 Joker in Arkham Asylum/City Haytham from AC3 (Connor is a bit dull) Officer Tenpenny from GTA: San Andreas Agent Hudson from Black Ops
  • CitizenWolfie - November 5, 2012 5:14 p.m.

Oh, and how could I forget Ganondorf?!
  • bebl09 - November 8, 2012 5:33 p.m.

+1 for Tenpenny, Samuel Jackson doing the voice just made the character even better.
  • secher_nbiw - November 5, 2012 5:12 p.m.

Did anyone else think Handsome Jack sounds like H Jon Benjamin?
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 12:11 a.m.

no. no one does. because he doesn't.
  • Mattel9 - November 5, 2012 6:40 p.m.

I gotta go with Fawful on this one. He's only my favorite part of the Mario & Luigi series.
  • Silverstone - November 5, 2012 6:47 p.m.

I'm really diggin' Sullivan Top 7's! Also I have a minor complaint of sorts. I don't know about anyone else, but Top 7's are kind of ruined by the slideshow feature as I can see the pictures of number one when I'm on number four and it kind of takes away from a bit of shock value that I like when reading these articles. Not a big deal, just saying.
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 12:09 a.m.

agree w/ you about the slides.
  • J-Fid - November 6, 2012 5:36 a.m.

I already mentioned that about the slides a long time ago, got no response. Totally agree though.